Current rivals in the NHL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

boompuffboom

Jul 10, 2007
After 10 years of getting wrecked by Tampa without relent, i think Montreal is going to start farming a decent size horyuken uppercut and land it to the Bolt's chin every month for the next decade.

Also, i think this year is when the god damned shit bird Ottawa Senators stop winning vs the Habs. We're going to be squashing them like toilet bugs until 2030.

THEN, and only then, can we talk about the Bruins and Leafs. We have a score to settle motherf***ers.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Have to admit it's been a lot of years since I looked at the Leafs schedule and circled any games against a supposed rival. The media tries hard to sell some opponents as legit rivals but when the teams play those games without any elevated intensity it's obvious the players don't share the medias self serving hype.

Reactions: Tie Domi Esquire

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
Preds and Jets was catching steam for a bit but that's since faded. Preds don't really have any true rivals right now. Detroit in a different conference now, Chicago has been bad for a while.
Gary wants the stars/preds to become a thing. It was looking good with the winter classic and the preds deep playoffs around 2016-18, but preds disappeared the past few seasons. Need to face in the playoffs and a nice rivalry could happen.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Judging from these forums the past 2 years, Panthers have become Bruins fans number #1 enemy. Our last series was pretty epic.

The one way rivalries are hard to figure. Bruins have taken it on the chin from the Panthers two years in a row. Before that, Boston couldn’t get by Tampa. Leafs have been running into Boston for years. I don’t feel like I’ll truly hate the Leafs until they actually win against Boston. And I can’t imagine Florida fans will give two cents about Boston until Boston wins.

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I'd say the league's greatest rivalry historically has to be Boston-Montreal. First in games played between two teams in regular season and on playoffs, playoff series played...

It's been a bit since they've played meaningful games, but it's just simmering. The great thing about it is all it takes is a spark and it gets red hot again.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
The whole rivalry between Habs and Bruins have been dead for a long time. We have not faced the bruins in the playoff for like 10 years? By the time the Habs become a good team. The bruins ''could'' be in the decline.

The habs vs Leafs is one sided. Leafs fans are still salty about losing to us in playoff.

Right now is more like : Bruins vs panthers - Edmonton vs LA. Vegas vs Colorado. Panthers vs Tampa Bay

Reactions: Laus723

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Penguins vs. opposing rookies looking for career goal #1

We always seem to give them to em’

Also, Penguins vs. no-name backup goalies

We usually make them look like f***ing Hasek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad