OT: Crowdstrike security down affecting Windows ops

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
The fix is fairly easy for end users/endpoints

1. Start Windows in Safe Mode or in the Windows Recovery Environment.
  2. Navigate to the directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers\CrowdStrike.
  3. Find the file that matches "C-00000291*.sys" and delete it.
  4. Restart the computer normally.
Source: CrowdStrike

It can be somewhat more difficult for cloud/servers. I'm in IT, my company and our clients aren't affected, but I have many colleagues working hard this morning.

Last edited:

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Just go back to windows xp or windows 7... never ever install "anti viruses", use ad blockers, look for non chrome based browsers, watch what links you're clicking.

Stay away from xxx sites

You'll never have a problem

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Just go back to windows xp or windows 7... never ever install "anti viruses", use ad blockers, look for non chrome based browsers, watch what links you're clicking.

Stay away from xxx sites

You'll never have a problem
HORRIBLE advice.

I thought you were just trolling with the Mesar delusions, but apparently it's really just ignorance.

What happens if you connect Windows XP to the Internet in 2024?

If you don't want to use modern Windows, use Linux, or ChromeOS. or MacOS.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
HORRIBLE advice.

I thought you were just trolling with the Mesar delusions, but apparently it's really just ignorance.

What happens if you connect Windows XP to the Internet in 2024?

If you don't want to use modern Windows, use Linux, or ChromeOS. or MacOS.

What are you talking about? this is non-sense, I own a tech business for 10 years and i have many systems running win xp on the internet, mostly win 7 though. We're talking about 1000s of stations. I also have a background in networking. This is complete bull.

The video you posted is the most bs video i have ever seen in my life, it cuts through so many things. We have no idea what he did in the background, what sites he clicked on etc. This is just scarecrow for noobs.

I can show you other videos, with no cutted sequences or lagging framerate that demonstrates windows XP is the most clean windows you can get after a fresh install with next to no traffic.

On the other hand windows 10, 11 and for sure the following windows versions come embedded with tons of tracking software that are hooked 24/7 to websites of compagnies no one has even heard of and its not just a few... its a huge list of domains tracking you the moment you hook internet to your PC without browsing anything.

The only effective way to be protected is to have good legit ad blockers, to never click on ads and avoid sites you don't know. If you feel adventurous you can setup segmented networks within your network and configure it where traffic goes out but doesn't come in. You can easely do this with 2 routers, one main and a secondary which you setup to hide the network you serf the internet. You can also setup a windows server and manage your network's traffic this way as well while hiding your stations... there's VPNs you can setup as well..

There's so many better things you can do to be protected than buying into the crap of the corporations pushing you to update their junk.

Reactions: DAChampion

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
summer on hfboards

Hab content fix this;

1000006027.jpg

knuck

On and off fan
Sponsor
Mar 26, 2006
Châteauguay
LINUX BABY

Our entire backend runs on linux so no problem here.

What are you talking about? this is non-sense, I own a tech business for 10 years and i have many systems running win xp on the internet, mostly win 7 though. We're talking about 1000s of stations. I also have a background in networking. This is complete bull.

The video you posted is the most bs video i have ever seen in my life, it cuts through so many things. We have no idea what he did in the background, what sites he clicked on etc. This is just scarecrow for noobs.

I can show you other videos, with no cutted sequences or lagging framerate that demonstrates windows XP is the most clean windows you can get after a fresh install with next to no traffic.

On the other hand windows 10, 11 and for sure the following windows versions come embedded with tons of tracking software that are hooked 24/7 to websites of compagnies no one has even heard of and its not just a few... its a huge list of domains tracking you the moment you hook internet to your PC without browsing anything.

The only effective way to be protected is to have good legit ad blockers, to never click on ads and avoid sites you don't know. If you feel adventurous you can setup segmented networks within your network and configure it where traffic goes out but doesn't come in. You can easely do this with 2 routers, one main and a secondary which you setup to hide the network you serf the internet. You can also setup a windows server and manage your network's traffic this way as well while hiding your stations... there's VPNs you can setup as well..

There's so many better things you can do to be protected than buying into the crap of the corporations pushing you to update their junk.

the problem with your strategy is it relies on humans not being dumbasses lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad