Crouse

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Last year must of been hard on the players and family. Most of the year Crouse seemed disinterested or distracted. Yes he's big, but should have strong trade value. Would you trade him for a center or Dman or hold onto him.

I would try and move him for a player like Necas.Hopefully Geekie will replace Crouse in 2025 season. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
There would be a LOT of teams clamoring for him. Which means he is probably too valuable to the Utahs to trade.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'd trade him for a top pairing defenseman. Is that possible?
Only way that works is if you trade for a top Dman who is young but on a bad team. You can't go and blow a wad on an old Dman and give him 7yr deal. Wouldn't be good.

I'd still rather go after a Ferraro type, someone who isn't going to break the bank, but is good on the D side of the puck, which will help the PK.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I feel like Crouse right now is a player that you would realize how much you missed once he is gone.

If he can play bigger more consistently than I think he becomes a player like Wilson or Jenner or a healthy Josh Anderson. AAs we get more competitive we are going to want more players like him rather than less.

So yeah while his last half of the season was pretty underwhelming I'd rather now move him. I think as soon as he was gone we'd wonder why the hell we moved him.

How many players are out there like him?

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Even if Crouse and picks got us someone like Power? The crappy part with trades is it takes good players to get good players.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Last year must of been hard on the players and family. Most of the year Crouse seemed disinterested or distracted. Yes he's big, but should have strong trade value. Would you trade him for a center or Dman or hold onto him.

I would try and move him for a player like Necas.Hopefully Geekie will replace Crouse in 2025 season. What are your thoughts?
I don't believe Crouse was disinterested. He had a stretch where he was one of the hottest players in the NHL and a stretch where he went cold. It's not just that he is big but he is big and hits. Similar in age, Crouse has over 1,000 more hits than Necas along with more blocks than him while Necas wins on assists and in the last two years only has 6 more goals than Crouse. Evolving hockey projects Necas landing a $7.5m long term deal. I do not believe the UHC would be getting $3m+ worth of value out of him vs Crouse who has a fair $4.3 through 26-27. Finally, while we don't know due to a lack of playoff experience but...Crouse is the type of player that brings more value to the playoffs than a Necas 0.5 points per game type. In sum, this move would be a hard no from me.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Even if Crouse and picks got us someone like Power? The crappy part with trades is it takes good players to get good players.
Crouse plus 6 OA might get us Power, if Buffalo is looking to trade him. It would hurt but I would probably pull the trigger.
If they're not looking to trade him then we'd have to offer more than it would be worth.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
You guys are massively over valuing Power. An unprotected 1st? 6OA? Plus Crouse. Power doesn’t have that value.

Use the 6 on best dman available. Chip those 2nds to shore up the blue line until Lameroux and Simishev are ready to go.

Simishev is going to be a monster.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You guys are massively over valuing Power. An unprotected 1st? 6OA? Plus Crouse. Power doesn’t have that value.

Use the 6 on best dman available. Chip those 2nds to shore up the blue line until Lameroux and Simishev are ready to go.

I think we would ask for one of their small speedy wing prospects as well. They have about 20 of them. Buff has a type

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

Agreed. No big reason to overpay for anyone at this stage.

“To lose patience is to lose the battle.” —Mahatma Gandhi

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I get that. I’m still not shelling out 6OA and Crouse for Owen Power, let alone an unprotected 1st.
You are likely correct. Our coach has Power right now at worlds. If he goes to BA about Power being a top pairing guy who in his mind is better than the options we are looking at with 6 then i may be tempted to listen to the coach and ask for a Savoie type prospect. My bro is a Sabres fan and he laughed when i suggested this. No interest on that return.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I thought the deal was Crouse and next years 1st round unprotected?

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
That's what I would offer. I believe it would help us out incredibly well. Dman take more time to develop. We have very little in the pipeline for a number 1 Dman. Odds are Buffalo would still say no.

Wish they would:)

Hopefully Simishev can become a number 2. Until he's over here and playing 20 minutes a game I still rank him as a project. Hopefully Geekie will replace Crouse.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I thought the deal was Crouse and next years 1st round unprotected?
Which is even worse. Few players you send an unprotected first for and Power isn’t one of them. All in my opinion of course.

You are likely correct. Our coach has Power right now at worlds. If he goes to BA about Power being a top pairing guy who in his mind is better than the options we are looking at with 6 then i may be tempted to listen to the coach and ask for a Savoie type prospect. My bro is a Sabres fan and he laughed when i suggested this. No interest on that return.
6OA for Power and Savoie, sounds much better. But leans in favor of us.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Which is even worse. Few players you send an unprotected first for and Power isn’t one of them. All in my opinion of course.

6OA for Power and Savoie, sounds much better. But leans in favor of us.
6 OA for both is a STEAL.

IMO Buffalo is looking for help NOW so trading a bluechip blueliner for another future pick is likely of little interest.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Agreed. No big reason to overpay for anyone at this stage.

“To lose patience is to lose the battle.” —Mahatma Gandhi
I kinda disagree

Example:
Stamkos on a 1 year (then do the 35yo bonus-laden contract the next season).

But I do agree with the premise, but we still need to get over the floor (strange to have to say this). Expecting quite a few ELCs on the roster. Might as well give it to someone that deserves it and only for a year.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Buffalo fans certainly would luv Crouse, but... Utah does NOT want Power :)

Cannot defend, can't/won't hit. Weak shot.

The No. 6 pic should be used on a real defenceman like Buium or Dickinson. Might have to wait a year or two but worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad