Value of: Crouse to NJD

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Just because I’ve seen his name tossed around as a potential acquisition….is he even available for trade? If so, what would be the ask from the Devils?

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Something around Bratt and Vanecek for Crouse and Vejmelka? or take out the goalies and Crouse for Bratt (not straight up)?

Actually, I think Sherangovich plus for Crouse would be even better, from a Devils perspective. You have to agree on what the plus is, but from a roster perspective, that would be nice.

Reactions: MichaelJ

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just because I’ve seen his name tossed around as a potential acquisition….is he even available for trade? If so, what would be the ask from the Devils?
Just signed a long-term deal. Never say never but it would take young top prospects and early picks for AZ to consider this. Bratt a great player but AZ will be running lean until a new arena is built.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Something around Bratt and Vanecek for Crouse and Vejmelka? or take out the goalies and Crouse for Bratt (not straight up)?

Actually, I think Sherangovich plus for Crouse would be even better, from a Devils perspective. You have to agree on what the plus is, but from a roster perspective, that would be nice.
Arizona all ready has that style player in Keller. I also don’t think Arizona wants to use other assets to get rid of Crouse. Plus, I’m not sure Bratt would stay there and sign an extension.

They also probably want ELC contracts to build their team. Seamus Casey might be of interest, defense is lacking in AZ. The Devils are set on the right side for at least the next four years, but theoretically for a lot longer than that. I wouldn’t be opposed if Holtz was main piece either.

But I do agree, Crouse makes a lot of sense. He can play the role they had Meier play in the playoffs because there was just no one else. Might be able to play a bumper role on the PP.

:devils
Lawson Crouse

:coyotes
Alexander Holtz
Yegor Sharangovich (RFA Rights)
Draft pick to balance it out

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I doubt Arizona is in a hurry to deal him but Columbus would be driving up the bid if he were available

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I’d say Bratt is an overpay.
Bratt: 5'10", 175lbs, 32 goals (but 1 in playoffs), $??? cap hit.

Crouse: 6'4", 220lbs, 24 goals, $4.3M cap hit for 4 more years.

Bratt's value just went down, and the Devils (should) know they need a different kind of player for the playoffs. Not really thinking Bratt is an overpay for Crouse. In fact, if I were AZ I wouldn't make the swap straight up.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Arizona all ready has that style player in Keller. I also don’t think Arizona wants to use other assets to get rid of Crouse. Plus, I’m not sure Bratt would stay there and sign an extension.

They also probably want ELC contracts to build their team. Seamus Casey might be of interest, defense is lacking in AZ. The Devils are set on the right side for at least the next four years, but theoretically for a lot longer than that. I wouldn’t be opposed if Holtz was main piece either.

But I do agree, Crouse makes a lot of sense. He can play the role they had Meier play in the playoffs because there was just no one else. Might be able to play a bumper role on the PP.

Lawson Crouse

Alexander Holtz
Gotta give to get. Not sure I would want to trade Holtz though. I think Arizona would think hard about this trade though. Sharangovich is an NHLer and Arizona would give him an opportunity to play more top 6 minutes and get his career back on track. This is actually a great deal if Arizona is looking to sell somewhat high. The term and caphit would be perfect for the Devils. If the deal had no draft pick attached I'd probably do it as a Devils fan.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
If Bratt would be the most sensible value but ARZ isn’t a fit (contract, redundancy, etc), 3-team deal with Detroit?

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Crouse will not come cheap at all. The Devils won’t be able to get him with Holtz as the main piece, they’re going to ask for Bratt/Mercer/Nemec and from a New Jersey perspective that’s a non starter. As good of a fit Crouse would be on the Devils, they won’t pay the price it would take to get him IMO

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think the overpayment required to pry Crouse out of AZ would turn off any would-be trade partners. Not a realistic trade target.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Lawson Crouse

Alexander Holtz
Would do this but I question whether ARZ would.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

No interest from ARI. Maccelli-Hayton-Crouse work well together and Crouse is a unique kind of presence.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Would do this but I question whether ARZ would.
In this trade I proposed, they are getting a guy who can start on their second line (Sharangovich) who can duplicate the goal scoring Crouse has done with his career best last year, and a guy who can become a potential 30 goal scorer in the NHL given the spot (Holtz) who also fits their time line who can also start now instead of rot in the AHL because there is no spot for his role. Both Holtz and Sharangovich are cost controlled as well.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
In this trade I proposed, they are getting a guy who can start on their second line (Sharangovich) who can duplicate the goal scoring Crouse has done with his career best last year, and a guy who can become a potential 30 goal scorer in the NHL given the spot (Holtz) who also fits their time line who can also start now instead of rot in the AHL because there is no spot for his role. Both Holtz and Sharangovich are cost controlled as well.
I think the value is very good, I just think they’d want a perceived overpay given his contract/control and the fact he’s not necessarily on the market.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
We’ve watched Shara this year and in the playoffs. He’s not an important trade piece for anybody. And the Coyotes need Crouse more than what Holtz in theory would bring. Crouse fits their timeline just fine. Shara and Holtz would not be interesting to the Coyotes at all for Crouse.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
We’ve watched Shara this year and in the playoffs. He’s not an important trade piece for anybody. And the Coyotes need Crouse more than what Holtz in theory would bring. Crouse fits their timeline just fine. Shara and Holtz would not be interesting to the Coyotes at all for Crouse.
“not an important trade piece to anyone.” LOL.

just because Sharangovich doesn’t fit on the team anymore, doesn’t mean he hasn’t been productive. If he can get consistent ice time on the 2nd line, he is a 25+ goal scorer and you can sign him for less than 2.5 million AAV. For a team that finished at 5th worst in goals/60 and 4th worst in shots/60, it sounds like you need shooters.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
“not an important trade piece to anyone.” LOL.

just because Sharangovich doesn’t fit on the team anymore, doesn’t mean he hasn’t been productive. If he can get consistent ice time on the 2nd line, he is a 25+ goal scorer and you can sign him for less than 2.5 million AAV. For a team that finished at 5th worst in goals/60 and 4th worst in shots/60, it sounds like you need shooters.
He’s a milquetoast middle six player with zero physical presence whose best scoring has come stapled to Jack Hughes and who, if he’s in your top six, you will be immediately looking to upgrade much like the Devils did.

Lawson Crouse fits the Coyotes timeline, is a cost-controlled asset himself and brings a very valued combination of physical presence, leadership, defensive conscious and power forward scoring nose for the next.

Neither Shara or Holtz does any of those things. Your offer isn’t going to appeal to the Coyotes.

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
He’s a milquetoast middle six player with zero physical presence whose best scoring has come stapled to Jack Hughes and who, if he’s in your top six, you will be immediately looking to upgrade much like the Devils did.

Lawson Crouse fits the Coyotes timeline, is a cost-controlled asset himself and brings a very valued combination of physical presence, leadership, defensive conscious and power forward scoring nose for the next.

Neither Shara or Holtz does any of those things. Your offer isn’t going to appeal to the Coyotes.
And that’s fine if you don’t like the offer, but not everyone is a play driver. That’s just like saying Zach Hyman isn’t good unless he’s playing next to McDavid or Matthews, so to me that argument is pretty irrelevant. And if Jack played the whole season last year, he probably would have scored 30 goals and has 25-30 assists.

So what kind of deal are you looking for if Crouse were to be available? Generic, not team specific.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad