Value of: Crouse to NJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Same could be said for the Devils.
I don’t get it. You are saying we shouldn’t ask about Crouse because you think Crouse is on the same tier as Mercer and shoild t even inquire on him? There is a reason people are inquiring on Crouse, it’s because he was rumoured that he may be available? That and Yotes have been moving anyone that isn’t named Keller , so why woulsnt people ask on Crouse’s value? Sorry but he is not on the same tier as Mercer for value.

Reactions: HBK27

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Mercer who? Dawson Mercer?

I wouldn't trade Dawson Mercer for the Yotes 2022 1st round pick, so Crouse is definitely not in that range.

I project Mercer to be a Claude Giroux'esq player and he's been nothing short of amazing for us this year as a rookie.

On the flip side, I can see Arizona not wanting to move him because he's probably more valuable to them than the return they might get.
I can’t think of any Yotes property that I would consider a one for one deal on Mercer. Keller but we have two guys like him in Hughes and Bratt

Last edited:

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I don’t get it. You are saying we shouldn’t ask about Crouse because you think Crouse is on the same tier as Mercer and shoild t even inquire on him? There is a reason people are inquiring on Crouse, it’s because he was rumoured that he may be available? That and Yotes have been moving anyone that isn’t named Keller , so why woulsnt people ask on Crouse’s value? Sorry but he is not on the same tier as Mercer for value.
I have not seen any source that says Crouse is available. He is emerging as the all situation power forward he was projected to be when he was drafted. Big, strong, physical, very good skater, team leader, with some decent offense. He is a rare player these days. If a team comes asking you can bet Arizona asks for a pricey return. You may think the price is too high and that is your prerogative. Go find a similar player from someone else. Good luck.

Reactions: PainForShane

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Crouse is definitely not going to be worth the ask for him, personally I would only be willing to trade Zacha plus a mid pick for him, Arizona probably wouldn't consider that and these boards would find it downright insulting

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Doesn't Crouse have only one year of RFA status left after this year? Isn't this offseason his big contract ask? Does AZ want to pay him for UFA years and is he that attractive to other teams at that sort of contract? This doesn't look like a guy with much cost control beyond this season. In today's NHL that's a nice player but doesn't look to be a bargain for much longer.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
That’s just silly. I’d pay through the nose for Crouse, but this is nonsense.

Mercer is currently more productive as a rookie than Crouse has ever been, and he’s a center.
So what does "pay thru the nose" look like to you?

I am suggesting that Crouse is not available and it would take a LOT to entice the Coyotes to trade him.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Except Crouse is bigger, younger, faster and better. Maybe you’re confusing Crouse with Fischer.
Bigger? Yes.
Younger? Yes, by 2 years.
Faster? Definitely not.
"Better"? Depends on what you mean. Wood has 0.37 points/game over his career, Crouse 0.32 points/game. Similar point production in similar games played. Wood has 0.20 goals/game, Crouse has 0.16 goals/game. So Wood is a bit better of a goal scorer but Crouse has more assists.

I really don't see much difference between these players for their impact on the game.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Bigger? Yes.
Younger? Yes, by 2 years.
Faster? Definitely not.
"Better"? Depends on what you mean. Wood has 0.37 points/game over his career, Crouse 0.32 points/game. Similar point production in similar games played. Wood has 0.20 goals/game, Crouse has 0.16 goals/game. So Wood is a bit better of a goal scorer but Crouse has more assists.

I really don't see much difference between these players for their impact on the game.
You're ignoring the importance of current state vs history. Crouse IS better than Wood now. He's also 2 years younger.

You don't have to trade for him. Maybe it's not a good fit. You definitely wouldn't enjoy giving up the assets that it would require.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You're ignoring the importance of current state vs history. Crouse IS better than Wood now. He's also 2 years younger.

You don't have to trade for him. Maybe it's not a good fit. You definitely wouldn't enjoy giving up the assets that it would require.
Wood hasn't even played this season due to injury. So sure, Crouse is better this year and much worse last year.

I don't even care if we trade for Crouse, not a player I particularly want. I just disagree that he's much better than Wood, and we'll be severely disappointed if we expect much better.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Wood hasn't even played this season due to injury. So sure, Crouse is better this year and much worse last year.

I don't even care if we trade for Crouse, not a player I particularly want. I just disagree that he's much better than Wood, and we'll be severely disappointed if we expect much better.
Tune in to a Coyotes game and you'll see what I mean.

Reactions: PainForShane

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
There’s always a GM that will overpay for a player of the likes of Crouse. He wouldn’t be a cheap addition and the cost to acquire him you could easily argue wouldn’t be worth it.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Tune in to a Devils game [when Wood is healthy again] and you'll see what I mean.

See how that isn't a productive comment?
Crouse is producing better results this season than Woods ever has. Despite being two years younger. It's clear to anyone who is watching that he's hit a new level and he's not going back to what he was. He's not even hitting his ceiling either.

Best of luck to Wood and his recovery.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
Same could be said for the Devils.
Crouse is turning 25 and is being out produced by Mercer, a 20.5 year old whos playing 1.5 less ATOI

Crouse doesnt get mentioned in the same phone call as Mercer

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Crouse is turning 25 and is being out produced by Mercer, a 20.5 year old whos playing 1.5 less ATOI

Crouse doesnt get mentioned in the same phone call as Mercer

Not true. Crouse is a true power forward who can skate, score, and is good defensively / much better than average PKer. Can drive through a lane as well as anyone, and good offensive awareness without the puck as well. There really aren't many players like him in the league. Wilson? Bertuzzi? Blake Coleman? I'm certainly leaving some players out but the point is the list is very short. And the fact that a 30 yo (ie declining) Blake Coleman just got almost $5m annually on a long term deal should tell you all you need to know about how highly teams value the skillset he brings.

Also those who are comparing him to the current version of Miles Wood are completely out to lunch, maybe watch some Coyotes games (we're actually entertaining for the first time in probably a decade). He's more like a Dustin Brown in his prime but without Anze Kopitar feeding him goals or easy assists

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad