Speculation: Crosby to Colorado.... could it work out for all?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
With the recent bush-league *WWE Judo throw of Caps Dman Fehervary & no ensuing suspension for the media darling, Uncle Gary's golden child, Crysby once again staves off justice. On that note..

As a Red Wing fan 1st & foremost + NYI (childhood team) + TB (Fla. resident) + LA fan...

2 cases of Schadenfreude:

1. I'd rather watch the current & future inevitable demise of the Pittbyrds while limiting Crysby's cup count to 3 (counting the stolen '09 Cup, thanks Gary/Refs). A slow descent into the abyss would be fun for 31 teams' fanbases. Especially if Malkin/Letang bolt for more $/term, or Geno heads to KHL.

2. However, watching the Avs pay a hefty ransome of (Newhook/Byram ++) for a yuge win now piece while depleting their cup window roster (present & future) also sounds appealing.
All this while simultaneously giving the snowpigeons false hope as the wild card spots melt in their hands like freshly fallen snowflakes & further pushing them into the No Man's Land of Mediocrity with it's associated 10-15 OA pick.

Win-win-win.

(guess I'd go with option #2)

Lastly, there's no guarantee the Avs win, nor that Crysby will return to form, but it's a solid bet & one I'd take as a GM. With the loss of depth (Donskoi, Saad, Graves, Nemeth, Soderberg, Grubauer etc.) in the offseason, I see a another 1st/2nd rd. exit even with Syd...STL/VGK/WPG/DAL/EDM/CGY are all pretty solid too.

* for Reference: No penalty, and no discipline for Crosby after tossing rookie Martin Fehervary into boards.

View attachment 481340

Did you seriously just attest to being a fan of 4 teams........and then follow that statement up with way too many words????

Interesting

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Although there's certainly merit to moving Crosby - along with all their other veterans - and committing to a rebuild, a Crosby trade seems like an off-season kind of move...

Also, if I'm Pittsburgh, and I'm trading Crosby for the purpose of rebuilding, I'm retaining 50% of his salary in order to maximize his value...

To Colorado: Crosby (50% retained)

To Pittsburgh: 2023 1st, Newhook, Olausson, Barron

Colorado add Crosby at a cap hit of only 4.35 million

Pittsburgh bring in a nice haul of young assets

Reactions: Groo

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Imagine out of no where Sid's an Av. Ripping the pens fans hearts out with no warning. Or are they now wanting a total rebuild

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
Imagine out of no where Sid's an Av. Ripping the pens fans hearts out with no warning. Or are they now wanting a total rebuild
Will a soon to be 35 year old Crosby moving on to another team really hurt the Pens fans that bad?? You had tremendous success with him and you had him throughout his entire prime. Also, the Pens will not be contenders for the foreseeable future, so there’s nothing for Crosby to really hang on to.

I figured that him returning valuable assets and speeding up the rebuild would be a welcome sight to Pens fans…but I guess not.

People also think that Crosby is indestructible, but he’s played the entire 82 games only once in his entire career. I doubt his availability will be any better as his career winds down…

Reactions: Coastal Kev

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
As a Red Wing fan 1st & foremost + NYI (childhood team) + TB (Fla. resident) + LA fan...

url

BibSQuO.gif

Do you want to tack on the Yotes, Minnesota, Vancouver and Dallas while you're at it? I dont think you have every North American time zone covered yet.

Jesus christ.....

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Will a soon to be 35 year old Crosby moving on to another team really hurt the Pens fans that bad?? You had tremendous success with him and you had him throughout his entire prime. Also, the Pens will not be contenders for the foreseeable future, so there’s nothing for Crosby to really hang on to.

I figured that him returning valuable assets and speeding up the rebuild would be a welcome sight to Pens fans…but I guess not.

People also think that Crosby is indestructible, but he’s played the entire 82 games only once in his entire career. I doubt his availability will be any better as his career winds down…
I'm not a Pens fan I just like opining from a position of ignorance

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
Factor in 50% retention on any proposal, because if Sid is leaving the whole team is blowing up.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
url

BibSQuO.gif

Do you want to tack on the Yotes, Minnesota, Vancouver and Dallas while you're at it? I dont think you have every North American time zone covered yet.

Jesus christ.....

Ask yourself why it bothers you so much.

If I like 4 kinds of cheese on my homemade pizza + italian sausage + onions 'n peppers...

& you only like mozzarella + anchovies

I don't knock on your door demanding a survey of why you only like mozz. & anchovies, do I?

DRW-hardcore fan since 1990. NYI-hometown/childhood team (70's-'86).
TB-Fla.Resident 20yrs. LA-Gretzky era & beyond.

We can however agree upon the T.W.Duke, though his best is clearly the Mick Ronson era '71-'73/4. Berlin era, Low as pictured etc. was 2nd. Anything past early '80's though was meh.

Saw him in '89, best show from any I've seen/heard, even better than the 77/78 live LP. Adrian Belew on guitar, Tony Levin on Bass (stick) etc.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A retool/rebuild is inevitable, but that doesn't mean you need to artificially fast track it.

Why would you not try to fast track it by getting futures now with Crosby? That accelerates the amount of draft power and picks and it also helps the Pens tank now vs later. Getting emotionally tied to Crosby while the Pens struggle is wasting both Crosby and the Pens time IMO.

It would be like a CHL junior team keeping their 19/20 year old in a bad season cause they want that guy to retire with them. Horrible management

Reactions: rogking65

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad