TSN: Craig Button update draft list...We got some jumpers

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Craig's list is his ranking. Bob's is scouts ranking. Even if Craig's ranking is relatively close I don't see alll teams in the top 4 passing on d when defensemen are hard to get.

It would never happen.
Agreed. Especially after the same teams picking 1-4 all took forwards in the top 4 a year ago.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You're right got to keep comparing it to Button's previous list.

Solberg is just a mystery. There are vids of him and he just doesn't look like first round material at all. Every draft has their load of weird over rates. Just remember Fischer ah.

Which is why he's not as high on Mckenzie's list which is an actual NHL scouts opinion and not some guy that always fixates on certain players.

Sometimes his fixation end up being warranted, but I wouldn't base my opinion on his rankings.

He's kind of the Eklund of draft rankings. Lots of wrongs, sometimes homeruns.

Jul 6, 2016
No way Helenius goes so soon in the draft…. and Lindstrom and Catton, so late.

Reactions: Rozz

Jul 6, 2016
God I really hope at least 1 dman goes in the top 4..
That would be about the same situation that Habs faced last draft when all the four young good centermen went 1-2-3-4…. Hughes was stucked at drafting Michkov or someone else. This year, he might have to draft Levshunov because Celibrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla could be gone. OR he will trade down to get an active player + a later pick who could become Senneke.

Last edited:
Reactions: jrom and themilosh

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
That would be about the same situation that Habs faced last draft when all the four young good centermen went 1-2-3-4…. Hughes was stucked at drafting Michkov or someone else. This year, he might have to draft Leshunov because Celibrini, Demidov, Lindstrom and Iginla could be gone. OR he will trade down to get an active player + a later pick who could become Senneke.
In all fairness, I wouldn't be upset with Levshunov. I just selfishly want to see one of the top forward prospects fall to us.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
There are no better alternatives than Montreal getting Levshunov besides getting Celebrini.
What about Demidov?

Hard to say unless we know the trade packages being offered.

We received some pretty serious offer for Reinbacher last year at 5, and Lev is regarded higher than Reinbacher if I’m not mistaken.

If Levshunov is available at 5 on top of one of Buium/Dickinson/Silayev as well...

There’s some many teams needy for a D, and especially a potential top pairing RHD that I could see one of them offer a great package to secure him.

Reactions: themilosh

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Eiserman ahead of Lindstrom.

Why?

I legit want an explanation as to why.

There are no better alternatives than Montreal getting Levshunov besides getting Celebrini.

Fair.

1716438659589.png

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Obviously goes against the grain, but there seems to be no true consensus after Celebrini. This one will certainly be interesting to look back on in a decade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad