Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

tuckerintensity

armed with will and determination
Jul 16, 2022
It’s a blueprint that has served him well during his coaching career, one that saw him compile a 281-190-72 record in 543 regular-season games coaching the Philadelphia Flyers and Blues before landing the Toronto job. He's 27-31 in 58 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
It's early, it'll take some time for everyone to settle (Mo is correct there), and we'll see where this all plays out as we get deeper into and (hopefully) into the playoffs... but damn, that is one meh average record.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The team is competing and they are motivated. It’s really nice to see.

The Blueprint put out a video on Berube. He has a way with the guys. He’s firm but he’s also got jokes with them and is very personable, the way it should be a good balance. Doesn’t coddle them but really makes an effort to know each guy personally.

I can only imagine what else he can do with some solid trade deadline acquisitions. Grab another center so we can move JT to the wing and let Berube do his thing for creating great match ups

Reactions: weems and Boxscore

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I love how they keep to their game plan even when up by a lead. Instead of letting the opponent claw back they keep at it

This is the best system and team play I’ve seen in the Leafs in the last 15 years at least

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Breath of fresh air to see the team putting in full 60 minutes of effort. Every game so far.

We won't win them all, but it was never about that.

The problem was letting them show up for 20-40 minutes night after night and thinking that was ok if the score went our way.

We're also playing "playoff style hockey" right from the get go instead of meandering through the regular season then trying to switch gears 3/4 of the way into the season to try to get into playoff mode. Florida plays the same way in the playoffs as they do in the regular season, Leafs need to do that as well.

Reactions: Petrus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad