Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mar 26, 2010
I am not crazy about Berube being the coach of this team. I don’t think he is the right guy.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
You’re such a continual downer dude. It’s September, chill.

I like this concept of pressure the puck everywhere, north south, forcing the skill guys into the dirty areas, a hive mentality. Keefe had no control over this group, Berube has the pedigree, he has a level of respect which gives him a period to shape the team. It’s an upgrade over Keefe, no question, so optimism is realism.

Is skill guys in the dirty areas something we were lacking? I would imagine our skill guys not putting up offense was the bigger issue, I don’t recall McDrai blocking too many shots or playing tentative overcautious games last postseason.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I am not crazy about Berube being the coach of this team. I don’t think he is the right guy.

It has never been about coaching, it has been about personnel and profits-only ownership.

You're not going to win a Cup with this team and cap structure, period. I don't care who coaches them. Two years ago they had the best team they were going to ice in the playoffs and Florida laughed them out of the post-season.

Berubes biggest achievement will need to be executed in this first year if and when he demands and incorporates a playoff-style game. Reminds media what the goal is without apology. "If the players don't become that team, the players will be replaced".

If I were to be my most optimistic for this team, the one outside chance for MAYBE a final four in a perfect season would be airtight D, a commitment to dirty goals and a surprise goalie running hot.

When this year ends without a Cup, and it will, in then offseason, Leafs will have no other excuse than to shed a great amount of salary and upgrade with the right types. Shanny will be gone by then as well, perhaps his own hubris of keeping the core together will finally be leaked (unless it was someone else stupidity).

They should have broke up the core after the loss the Habs. When they didn't, it was clear that the fans were chasing rainbows. You can bring Toe Blake back from the grave and he won't win a Cup. with this bunch.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The problem with the Leafs

The Core
Babcock
Keefe

Berube

so your big idea to fix the Leafs is to get rid of Berube.

My suggestion: try again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad