Confirmed with Link: Craig Berube named the 32nd Coach of the Toronto Maple Leafs

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
"Hey man! Stevie Wonder's s musical genius, man!" "Mothaf***in Stevie Wonder jokes and shit."
Your mother’s got a wooden leg with a kickstand!
1715992902625.jpeg

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
The leafs have been slowly building a physical identity more and more the last few years...but what I thought was missing was a coach that can fully utilize physicality in the playoffs.

Always thought Keefe was forced to play some guys he didn't want to play.

Keefe's infamous words were "Our powerplay is our toughness"

Yeah its gonna be a treat Berube handle this team

Reactions: coupe93 and JKG33

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
And it won't make one iota of difference. Your top paid guys still need to show up in the playoffs, are still easily defended because the lower lines lack any real depth, your D is still filled with guys that seem to cough up the puck, they're just a lot bigger and slower now, and you still have a mentally fragile goalie. Well, at least that last part will likely change.

*To be fair, I posted that before reading up on the new guy, but the point still stands. If you don't address the players, the coach won't make a difference.

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Great hire. The Chief will hold the players accountable. There will be no passengers on this team. Plus the Leafs will be playing a more grittier game, not soft like they have the past 7 years.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Great hire. The Chief will hold the players accountable. There will be no passengers on this team. Plus the Leafs will be playing a more grittier game, not soft like they have the past 7 years.
What does this really mean? Berube is not going to bench or press box Matthews, Nylander, tavares, etc. That stuff rarely happens anywhere in the league, and almost never with star players. What i want to know is whether he has effective tactical ideas, strategies, etc. This lineup doesn't need to be screamed at. It needs more talent and it needs that talent to find a way to break through tight checking.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If this guy is going to make the core (or what remains after this offseason) uncomfortable, then it’s a great hire. We desperately need a new message and drumbeat in the room.

This needs to be accompanied by a core shakeup (Marner), but a promising start to the offseason.

Reactions: 57 Years No Cup

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The big question is how Berube will handle Matthews and Marner? I’m not convinced he’s going to come in and “set them straight”.

But if he does, how will they respond if he wants them to play a way and with players that won’t max out their stats?

Let’s not forget, one of the reasons why Auston and Mitch didn’t like Babs was bc they wanted to play together and Babs rarely let them. Sheldon came in and let them call the shots and gave them whatever they wanted and everything was geared towards maxing their point totals

Will Berube say F that you don’t call the shots and if so how will they respond, particularly Auston? I think that’s the key question
Well. Personally I think Mitch is gone this summer. So we won't have to worry about that.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think as long as one or two of the core 5 is traded. That message in itself is loud and clear. We(Leafs) want to win and you can either be part of it or get out.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is what went on in the Core's mind after learning Berube as their new coach.

Reilly-Happy Bday to the best skater of the family.
Willie-Can I still join the Swedish team
AM-Hit them with 4
MM- Need to hire bigger security as Berube is huge.
JT- Wonder what type of lessons I will be learning.

Tavares
Marner
Kampf
Jarnkrok

My guess….if this is actually true
How the F did Kampf and Jarnkrok got NMC?

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
This is what went on in the Core's mind after learning Berube as their new coach.

AM-Hit them with 4

Harry Potter waved his wand of failure.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010

AM-Hit them with 4

Shitty management?

Now we have a coach who can trade one of the core 4 and allocate some cap bucks to good two way d men and get us a goalie to…

Reactions: Gabriel426

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Shitty management?

Now we have a coach who can trade one of the core 4 and allocate some cap bucks to good two way d men and get us a goalie to…
I really think a Parayko, Binnington and 1st for MM might just be it. Salaries are similar too.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I really think a Parayko, Binnington and 1st for MM might just be it. Salaries are similar too.
As a Leafs fan, I’d take this and run but I don’t see any motivation whatsoever for STL to do this. None. Marner won’t get a 1 RHD, 1A/B goalie AND a first.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad