Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Maybe in the off-season they could do something like Mrazek and Joey Anderson as a sweetener for future considerations or 6th-7th round pick.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Ok and how do you plan to extend Campbell to a (likely) 5x5 deal with zero cap space? Just let him walk and run Hutch as the back-up anyways but Mrazek is the starter?

It’s actually pretty easy to fit. Switch out Kerfoot for a cheaper player and there is plenty of room. You aren’t getting “better” in those scenarios where you keep mrazek and Campbell. But there is more than enough space to sign Campbell at 5.

try it for yourself on cap friendly.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Ok and how do you plan to extend Campbell to a (likely) 5x5 deal with zero cap space? Just let him walk and run Hutch as the back-up anyways but Mrazek is the starter?
5x5 the way Campbell is playing? He will get more than that unless he totally flops in the playoffs.

Mrazek is so hot and cold nobody wants him at that salary. Well one team did.

Ledge And Dairy

It’s actually pretty easy to fit. Switch out Kerfoot for a cheaper player and there is plenty of room. You aren’t getting “better” in those scenarios where you keep mrazek and Campbell. But there is more than enough space to sign Campbell at 5.

try it for yourself on cap friendly.
Toronto's lack of middle 6 players means moving Kerfoot would be a very poor choice

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I think 5x5 not on the market is fair, that's what Lehner signed for
I have never been a Lehner fan. Good enough to be a 1 and get injured at some point. If Campbell can win one round of playoffs and take Florida/TBL to 6 or 7 games round 2 I would think its more than 5m. We shall see. Also remember with Vegas having no state tax vs Toronto taxes Lehner deal probably more like a 5.5m deal.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Toronto's lack of middle 6 players means moving Kerfoot would be a very poor choice

many players can fit there. You can get similar players for cheaper. You can look for a lower cap player with higher salary in a trade.

again. The idea that the leafs cannot afford Campbell is just wrong. They have tons of options.

1.) trade one of the core 4
2.) trade Kerfoot/Ritchie/mrazek/holl/ dermott.
3.) ask muzzin to move. He is only owed 6 million over the next 2 years.

from a purely conservative

———- Matthews. Marner
———- Tavares. Nylander
Bunting. Kampf.
———- Spezza. Simmonds

rielly. Brodie.
Muzzin. Holl

you have 18.5 million to spend. On sandin/lilly. Campbell. Back up. And 4 forwards.

Pretty easy.

Ledge And Dairy

many players can fit there. You can get similar players for cheaper. You can look for a lower cap player with higher salary in a trade.

again. The idea that the leafs cannot afford Campbell is just wrong. They have tons of options.

1.) trade one of the core 4
2.) trade Kerfoot/Ritchie/mrazek/holl/ dermott.
3.) ask muzzin to move. He is only owed 6 million over the next 2 years.

from a purely conservative

———- Matthews. Marner
———- Tavares. Nylander
Bunting. Kampf.
———- Spezza. Simmonds

rielly. Brodie.
Muzzin. Holl

you have 18.5 million to spend. On sandin/lilly. Campbell. Back up. And 4 forwards.

Pretty easy.
I wasn't implying that moving Mrazek was the only option for Toronto, just that is is an option as they will need cap space next year

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I wasn't implying that moving Mrazek was the only option for Toronto, just that is is an option as they will need cap space next year

fair enough. I thought you were saying that the leafs will be unable to fit Campbell in and will let him walk because they don’t have the room.

that is of course false but I guess that’s not what you were saying. My mistake

Arizonatah Coyetis

Formerly Kai Yo T
Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm curious to know why. Doesn't Arizona need a starting goalie ?

Mrazek doesn't help us long term, just a temporary fix (maybe) for something we shouldn't fix if we intend to stick with the plan. No interest in giving up assets to end up 28th, 29th or 30th worst team when the goal is to be dead last.

Edit:

It could potentially end up being:

Wedgewood + Lyubushkin + Dropping a few very painful spots in the draft

For

Mrazek

Last edited:

Headcrush19

Jul 2, 2021
Mrazek doesn't help us long term, just a temporary fix (maybe) for something we shouldn't fix if we intend to stick with the plan. No interest in giving up assets to end up 28th, 29th or 30th worst team when the goal is to be dead last.

Edit:

It could potentially end up being:

Wedgewood + Lyubushkin + Dropping a few very painful spots in the draft

For

Mrazek
Nope.Wedgewood is playing great for us.No point in trading him.He fits with us.

Reactions: Arizonatah Coyetis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad