GDT: Coyotes @ Devils - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
One thing I'd LOVE to see this year is for one of the kids to step up to the point of making #29 irrelevant next year and nothing more than an afterthought.

He's already irrelevant to me, but I mean irrelevant to the organization that's still way too high on him.

I just don't think they're ready to just yet, but they'd (one of them) be a cheap alternative for us next year than paying #29 about $2 million more per year to be awful/injured all the time.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As for tonight, I'd love nothing more than to do to them what we did to Columbus. A blow out win would be so much fun. I believe we blew them out when we played them in Arizona last year? Their last two visits to Newark were both wins for them, where Mackenzie Blackwood was the Coyotes first star in both games.

And if there's one broadcaster on ANY team in the NHL that I'd love to see dropped out cold it's Tyson Nash.

What a terrible, Neanderthalian, prehistoric, dinosaur ages, former goon, buffoon. And his voice SUCKS too. And he's just a terrible listen and f***in doesn't like SKILL. Yeah I wanna see someone skill it up, by cleaning his f***in clock. f*** this guy.

Oh, and they still employ Todd Walsh on their broadcast team, who is just a terrible human being all around. Funny how quickly this was swept under the rug and never heard about again.

Probably because he works for an irrelevant franchise....

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'll be at this one, so don't make me the reason this streak dies boys.
Same.

I posted it in the rock thread but will here as well since not everyone hits that one up.

PSA: ticketbastard is actually cheaper in some sections than the secondary.

original.png

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
That Coyotes roster being NHL .500 is proof that high effort really can dramatically make a difference and it suggests that there is something off with most bad teams.
Arizona’s underlying numbers are atrocious and they’re scoring way above their xG rate, which suggests they’ve benefited from bad goaltending. With normal goaltending, we should be good tonight.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
That Coyotes roster being NHL .500 is proof that high effort really can dramatically make a difference and it suggests that there is something off with most bad teams.

Not really, bad teams lose games. It’s early and they got some comparatively very good goaltending and a lot of shooting % luck. Team’s early records don’t tell us that much.

The goaltending and shooting luck makes them a bit of a threat (for them), they are on a hot streak.

Not having a bunch of disgruntled vets is a good idea for bad teams but that’s not always something they can always control.

Reactions: hidek91 and My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Damn Seton Hall game is delaying door open until 6pm. I like to get in super early and mull around the building a while. Oh well.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Not really, bad teams lose games. It’s early and they got some comparatively very good goaltending and a lot of shooting % luck. Team’s early records don’t tell us that much.

The goaltending and shooting luck makes them a bit of a threat (for them), they are on a hot streak.

Not having a bunch of disgruntled vets is a good idea for bad teams but that’s not always something they can always control.
It’s early but that’s a bad roster on balance. I’m amazed they are not losing most of their games.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Their top line and Maccelli are no joke.
Keller is a shifty little bugger . Maccelli as well. Their defence on the other hand…. Maybe they are fast enough to keep up but ….. they are not a group I’d be confident in. Maybe their forwards back check the hell pit of everyone because I can see those D get lit up often if not

Let’s punch this one paid early

Supposed to go to dinner with friends after the 2nd period
Tell them the restaurant called you to confirm reservation. Very weird but they are closed until (very oddly) the end of the Devils game.
Or change the venue to a sports bar or pub with the game on …..”OH?, Devils game is on..”

“Well would you look at that !”

Last edited:
Reactions: Guttersniped
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad