Post-Game Talk: Coyotes at Rangers - October 23

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
FWIW I didn't think Girardi was that bad tonight but it's just more of a matter that you can't have two pairs where the possession is completely neutered and that's what we have with Girardi and Holden.

-5 on the 2nd night of a b2b is ok for Girardi but you just can't survive a season where you have two pairs for whom -5 is a good night.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Beats this time last year when we were 30th in chances against like 30 chances behind the team in 29th.
I absolutely hated watching the Rangers last year. Got literally no enjoyment out of watching them. Made me want to gouge my eyes out, but I did it anyway because we are all diehards :laugh::yo:

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Tiled view of where shots are being taken when Zibanejad is on the ice:

UQAQmYh.png

Mental.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I absolutely hated watching the Rangers last year. Got literally no enjoyment out of watching them. Made me want to gouge my eyes out, but I did it anyway because we are all diehards :laugh::yo:

It slowly worked it's way towards watchable as we went along but our first like, 30 games last year were a certified form of torture.

And it never got as good as it's been these past six games. I know six games is a small stretch, but we never even had a small stretch this good last year.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Team played OK tonight on a tough b2b, but clendening MUST play on Wednesday. He has to play over girardi or Holden. Girardi played decent tonight, plus got the game winner so you can throw him sitting out the window. Clendening is our 2nd best puck moving d-man and a pp point man. He's gotta play.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Looking through the stats, there are several teams within an ear shot of the Rangers in HDSCA who have played fewer games. Once those teams catch up, they'll settle in around 15-17.

That isn't as horrible as I thought. On the other hand, the Rangers have generated more than three times the HDSC that the Devils have so far :laugh:

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
It slowly worked it's way towards watchable as we went along but our first like, 30 games last year were a certified form of torture.

And it never got as good as it's been these past six games. I know six games is a small stretch, but we never even had a small stretch this good last year.

The head warden of the asylum is still in charge and making bad decisions. Hopefully he wakes up soon and realizes clendening should play over Holden or girardi.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The problem with Holden as we all know is that he's not only playing on the first pair, but doing so on his off side. I think he's been trying his best and hasn't been a complete disaster, but he certainly hasn't been good.

I think he'd be a perfectly fine 3rd pair LD. The issue is, we have Brady Skjei for that role. Holden is a redundant piece at this point that is being shoehorned into a role he isn't suited for and his play is suffering. He's doing an admirable job, but at some point the wheels are going to come flying off.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Exactly! AV just makes me want to pull my hair out with his lineup decisions. Clendening has GOT to play somewhere. Outside of mcdonagh, he is our best pmd, and a pp point man. Hope he's back in there Wednesday, but I'm not "Holden" my breath...... :sarcasm::laugh:

Nice pun, went 5 - hole

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Jimmy Vesey was quietly good again.

He's a very attractive hockey player. Does a little bit of everything pretty well. He's the right linemate for Stepan who has a cerebral game but lacks the raw physical talent.

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Looking through the stats, there are several teams within an ear shot of the Rangers in HDSCA who have played fewer games. Once those teams catch up, they'll settle in around 15-17.

That isn't as horrible as I thought. On the other hand, the Rangers have generated more than three times the HDSC that the Devils have so far :laugh:
This team has been MUCH better defensively than some folks want to give them credit for. Not amazing, but not the horror show that some make it out to be. It's hilarious how many more high quality looks the Rangers get compared to the Devils. It almost seems like they don't want to play any offense at all:laugh:. P.S. I got those stats from natural stat trick.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Weren't we up there in high danger shot attempts last year?
Their HDCF% last year was 27th in the league (47.17%). Right now it's 1st at 62.39%, including tonight. Doesn't really mean a lot after 6 games but it's still neat-o. Basically generating ~15 and allowing ~9 every game.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Rick Nash & Jimmy Vesey are to Chris Kreider and Mika Zibanejad....those 2 pairs should never be broken up...

I know absolutely nobody wants to hear this, but Rick Nash has been consistently one of our best players all year long.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Tiled view of where shots are being taken when Zibanejad is on the ice:

UQAQmYh.png

Mental.

jesus...thats nuts assuming im reading that right, literally the best case scenario for a player right? very good in keeping shots against outside, great at getting shots for inside.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Rick Nash & Jimmy Vesey are to Chris Kreider and Mika Zibanejad....those 2 pairs should never be broken up...

I know absolutely nobody wants to hear this, but Rick Nash has been consistently one of our best players all year long.

Nash has been fantastic to start the season. :yo:

Pfranz94

Jan 16, 2014
New York
Their HDCF% last year was 27th in the league (47.17%). Right now it's 1st at 62.39%, including tonight. Doesn't really mean a lot after 6 games but it's still neat-o. Basically generating ~15 and allowing ~9 every game.

They have to keep it up, but they are absolutely dominating in hdcf%. They've attempted 73 high danger shots and have given up 44 of them at 5v5. Next highest in high danger attempts is a 60. 10 of the Rangers 14 5v5 goals have come from a high danger area as well. Their goals have not been "lucky" or "cheap".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad