OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Irresponsibility is a spectrum. Yeah the smooth brained psychos will do 20 regardless, but the danger is more like, the average person thinking that they are smarter than everyone else, so if 4 are allowed, why not 6? I'm responsible, 6 is no danger. And 7 is probably fine too. And so is 8, or 10, or 12.

Realistically, if they tell me I'm allowed to have 4 people over, I'm probably going to feel empowered enough to have at least a 10 person gathering in my yard. And you know what? Kids don't count, nobody includes them in these numbers. So it's more like 15.
My understanding from what I've seen, people have created their bubbles.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
It's the same thing. You can monitor parks. My yard has a fence, nobody can see inside. I can have 30 people easily in there and nobody would know.
If you're gonna have 30 people over, it's not having a 2 or 4 people limit that will in anyway affect your decision. You'll be doing it regardless. Heck, if you care so little to have as many people then you probably would already have done it.

There is a lack of logic. You're not going from respecting all measures to throwing a 30 people party once they allow gatherings of 4.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Nah, vaccines are already 80 to 90% (edit, more than 91% according to NEJM, 2nd line) effective 2 weeks after the first dose depending where you look. 2nd dose is not much more effective, it's more about long term immunity.

Interim Estimates of Vaccine Effectiveness of BNT162b2 and mRNA

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2036242

"Even before the second dose, BNT162b2 was highly efficacious, with a vaccine efficacy of 92.6%, a finding similar to the first-dose efficacy of 92.1% reported for the mRNA-1273 vaccine (Moderna).3"

It's also seems to be better to wait more weeks between doses than what was first proposed

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/covid-19-pfizer-second-dose-delay-more-antibodies-study-1.6026765

Quebec government is saying 92% effective 2 weeks after the first dose as well.

COVID-19 messenger RNA vaccine

But there's also this to put in the balance
One dose of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine still leaves recipients vulnerable to variants: U.K. study

Risk from COVID-19 variants remains after first Pfizer shot: study

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
There is none.

if good majority takes the vaccines, the unvaccinated minority wouldn't affect much.

The next 2 big challenges

1- 2nd Dose of vaccine
2- Vaccinate young kids.

I need to be convinced to vaccinate my kids.
Kids doesn't seems to have a big viral load or affected much by it. But that's a debate in september :)

2nd doses will come faster than expected, a ton of vaccine is coming our way. Won't be slow like the first time. I expect to be done by around the end of July - Mid-august.

As for your kids, it's a tougher decision....I wouldn't be the first in the line.
I think kids around 14 to 17 years old should choose for themselves as they are old enough for that.

Reactions: llamateizer

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Pfizer offers 52% of immunity after the first shot until 3 weeks in where it climbs to 92%, and then 95% after the 2nd dose.
Moderna kicks off immunity at 80% after first dose.

So ya, it's not all over after a first dose, still need to be vigilant and keep some measures on, but let's stop acting like one shot offers very little protection. It helps, a whole lot.

Reactions: MasterD

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
28th of may: no curfew, terraces opened, 8 allowed to meet up in backyards, 250 people per section in stadiums, 2500 maximums.

By 31st of may, most regions will be orange.

14th of june, yellow: bars will reopen, will be able to have small gatherings.

Festivals of up to 2500 allowed by 25th june.

28th june: most regions in green.

No masks in august if 75% of adults get their 2nd dose.

I'm so happy right now. I'm just hoping no variant f***s all of this up.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
28th of may: no curfew, terraces opened, 8 allowed to meet up in backyards, 250 people per section in stadiums, 2500 maximums.

By 31st of may, most regions will be orange.

One small caveat :
- Restaurants terraces will open on May 28th.
- Bars terrace will open on June 11th.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
So wait, if Montreal goes to Orange Zone on May 31st, that means technically restaurants can do indoor dining for people from the same address? Or is that only when it goes to yellow?

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I’m a bit confused about the 28th of June milestone.

They said majority of regions turning green. 10 people could gather from 3 different addresses. Is that indoor gathering? And what about outdoor and backyard? Remains at 8?

chapeau

Jan 16, 2019
I’m a bit confused about the 28th of June milestone.

They said majority of regions turning green. 10 people could gather from 3 different addresses. Is that indoor gathering? And what about outdoor and backyard? Remains at 8?
If it's like last year, it'd be 3 households/10 people both indoor and outdoor. This is all bound to change though, I feel.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
A state of 30 million people with no mask mandates and 100% Open since 10 March had ZERO Covid deaths yesterday....imagine that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad