OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
On the world stage, Canada are kicking ass at Hockey....and at vaccination now.

E1hEySIVcAAv-ue
It's about freaking time.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Different point here. Was trying to point out the difference between a park and a backyard. One is something you can police, the other is not. That's all.
Have you been to a park? I can definitely tell you they're not policing crap, which is perfectly normal.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Holy crap, this is just my luck it seems. Have my vaccination scheduled for this Thursday, but it will no longer happen on time.

Sometime mid last week I developed sharp burning pain that was travelling through my abdomen area. It wasn't persistent, but kept happening pretty much daily and last 4-8 hours every time.

Today I had enough and went to an ER. Turns out I got a crapload of gallbladder stones and they'll keep here for pre-op, blood test and a CT overnight, with my surgery tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning.

This is already my second major hospital stay in the last two months and I'm both terrified and peeved beyond belief.

The painkillers they injected me with are awesome though. :naughty:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Holy crap, this is just my luck it seems. Have my vaccination scheduled for this Thursday, but it will no longer happen on time.

Sometime mid last week I developed sharp burning pain that was travelling through my abdomen area. It wasn't persistent, but kept happening pretty much daily and last 4-8 hours every time.

Today I had enough and went to an ER. Turns out I got a crapload of gallbladder stones and they'll keep here for pre-op, blood test and a CT overnight, with my surgery tentatively scheduled for tomorrow morning.

This is already my second major hospital stay in the last two months and I'm both terrified and peeved beyond belief.

Good Luck man, it’s just another stone on your path to full health :D

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Dang, sorry man.

Don't enjoy those painkillers too much.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Have you been to a park? I can definitely tell you they're not policing crap, which is perfectly normal.

Yes, I have probably been to parks dozens more times than you, in fact. The point remains, they can be. Backyards, realistically, cannot.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Too bad you still can't go outside after dark huh?

Funny, last time I was in Chicago in 2019 I was told the same thing by my Uber driver. Don't go outside after dark. Same thing the hotel staff told me last time I was in St Louis. Guess they were ahead of the curve on that COVID curfew.

Reactions: llamateizer

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Too bad you still can't go outside after dark huh?
I would't go outside in Dallas after dark either TBH. No offense, but I didn't find it very interesting in the evening when I was there. Now, Nashville, different ball game.

Reactions: Andrei79

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yes, I have probably been to parks dozens more times than you, in fact. The point remains, they can be. Backyards, realistically, cannot.

How do you figure you've been to more parks than me? lol..What a random comment.
The point was and remains, parks are not policed. Just like your backyard, cops are just deployed if there's a complaint.
The fact we know the parks are packed, with big group gatherings, and not policed shows that it really doesn't matter. Pretty irrelevant what can/cannot be policed if it never is.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
How do you figure you've been to more parks than me? lol..What a random comment.
The point was and remains, parks are not policed. Just like your backyard, cops are just deployed if there's a complaint.
The fact we know the parks are packed, with big group gatherings, and not policed shows that it really doesn't matter. Pretty irrelevant what can/cannot be policed if it never is.
Because he stalked you.:naughty:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Well Kriss, you have made many assumptions about me, what I have been or have not been doing throughout this pandemic, anytime I said something that didn't jive with your view on things. So this is just me doing the same. I am in parks 6, often 7 days per week and I do see policing happening when there are groups of people together and especially if there's alcohol. Constantly. Less so lately, but it happened just last weekend. I don't think you are in parks very often at all if you're saying it never happens.

Anyway, you are again missing the point. The government will allow things that it can control. It's going to delay reopening for things it cannot control. This is really a very basic and obvious point so I don't know why you're fighting me on this.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016

I’m so sorry. I hope everything will be OK for you.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well Kriss, you have made many assumptions about me, what I have been or have not been doing throughout this pandemic, anytime I said something that didn't jive with your view on things. So this is just me doing the same. I am in parks 6, often 7 days per week and I do see policing happening when there are groups of people together and especially if there's alcohol. Constantly. Less so lately, but it happened just last weekend. I don't think you are in parks very often at all if you're saying it never happens.

Anyway, you are again missing the point. The government will allow things that it can control. It's going to delay reopening for things it cannot control. This is really a very basic and obvious point so I don't know why you're fighting me on this.

You go at a park every day? Well okay, you win the park attendance competition.
I go every weekend, there's always booze involved, rarely ever saw a cop. Heck, people bring their own grills and make their bbqs. It's hard to even find a spot to chill. But hey, maybe I've been lucky...you're going to some very policed parks.

The point started with MXD saying he'll have to order something overpriced to meet someone, to which you mentioned contact tracing and he answered parks as a place where contact tracing is impossible. Parks are extremely busy and filled with strangers. You invite people over, contract tracing is infinitely easier.

Ya, cops can show up in parks and police. They can't go to every park, not even half, probably don't even hit a quarter.
And you're allowed private gatherings of up to 8 (of 2 household. Ah!) starting the 28th anyways.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You go at a park every day? Well okay, you win the park attendance competition.
I go every weekend, there's always booze involved, rarely ever saw a cop. Heck, people bring their own grills and make their bbqs. It's hard to even find a spot to chill. But hey, maybe I've been lucky...you're going to some very policed parks.

I mean if you're only going to parks every so often it seems weird for you to say they definitely aren't policing crap.

The point started with MXD saying he'll have to order something overpriced to meet someone, to which you mentioned contact tracing and he answered parks as a place where contact tracing is impossible. Parks are extremely busy and filled with strangers. You invite people over, contract tracing is infinitely easier.

Ya, cops can show up in parks and police. They can't go to every park, not even half, probably don't even hit a quarter.
And you're allowed private gatherings of up to 8 (of 2 household. Ah!) starting the 28th anyways.

Again, you are confusing points. The fact remains that when it comes to relaxing restrictions, they are going to do it in public places that are easier to monitor before they start allowing a free for all in a private residence. This is why they'll allow people in the Bell Center before they allow you to host a part in your home. Honestly man of all the things you have tried to argue with me this might be the weirdest one.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I mean if you're only going to parks every so often it seems weird for you to say they definitely aren't policing crap.

Again, you are confusing points. The fact remains that when it comes to relaxing restrictions, they are going to do it in public places that are easier to monitor before they start allowing a free for all in a private residence. This is why they'll allow people in the Bell Center before they allow you to host a part in your home. Honestly man of all the things you have tried to argue with me this might be the weirdest one.

I mean..multiple times per week is every so often I guess. In any event, ya, the parks I've been too are barely policed, if ever at all. At least for the ones I've been to in South West Mtl or Westmount.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I agree they have done a good job, but when people hardly need any more motivation to get it done, it comes easier IMO. I know some of my younger employees have been frustrated at the lack of availability to get appointments - many are booked only for the last week of May or even in June, because everything is full. Then someone comes out with a bot that scrapes the site and monitors for cancellations every 5 mins, and people have been jumping on that as a solution. My point here is that any hiccups or gaps in the process are less noticeable because everyone just wants this done ASAP. They'll jump through hoops, create bots/apps, travel across town at a moment's notice, whatever it takes.

That’s what was happening to me. When using my postal code I was getting places in Laval, Deux Montagne, St Eustache, Terrebonne when I live on the West Island.

I then used my grandmother’s postal code to find something closer. When I finally found an opening, it was closed after I filled out the information. Happened twice before I finally booked an appointment for the 24th of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad