CountDown to Camp - Opens September 19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Such is the unfortunate circumstances of dumb coaching not utilizing him properly.

Colorado didn't make that mistake though, how were his playoff stats over there?

Well, maybe he would have helped them in the 2020-2021 playoffs if he hadn't been suspended again in the playoffs?

Probably less to do with coaching than just using his head, and being more cold blooded in revenge acts.

He's earned his Cup, and got his retirement deal from Treliving.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Toronto core is proven ass so yes your right he can he the 5th to 6th best player on a team and win

34, 44, 16, 91, 88 are amongst the worse performing cores league wide come playoffs, so kadri cant win with these losers

So glad to see you finally realized that

you're*

Has there been talk of Kadri attending camp?

Maybe, but that terrible contract is not appealing... wonder who gave him that...

Also, you joined in the convo.

It is weird to imply that the thread is being taken off track when you contributed to that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
you're*

Maybe, but that terrible contract is not appealing... wonder who gave him that...

It is weird to imply that the thread is being taken off track when you contributed to that.
Yep, my bad, didn't realize what thread I was in.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
you're*

Yes reply to a small spelling/grammer error rather than accept you look like a fool.

Once again you derail a thread with your useless bashing of former leaf who was let go via a terrible/crippling move by Dubas.

Kadri being the 5th to 7th best player on a cup winner is a knock on the leafs core 5 and not on him.

Your posts just keep continue to be biased and you don't even pretend anymore to be partial and rational.

Kadri has proven hes a good 2C on a playoff contender with the Avs.

We let him go due to Dubas having horrific understanding of roster building for both short-term and long-term.

The trade is the worst trade of the post kessel era by any Leafs GM.

We are still feeling the impacts having Tavares at 11M vs a better player in Kadri at 7M.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
The year he got pushed to 3C he got 2 points in 2 games before getting suspended... seems like he fit the quieter role... too bad he is a hot head.

2C vs 3C is not my argument, by the way, it is importance to the team.

He paid them back by getting suspended the next year and the fans called for him to be traded... Makar is the biggest reason they have a cup, not their 7th best player.

Is Kadri better and has he been better than Kerfoot? Yes.
Is Kadri better and has he been better than Kerfoot when suspended? No.

Kadri did the same thing in Colorado. It isn't a Leafs thing ...

1725479371302.png

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Seems like the roster is not pre set...that is a good thing. I sense there could be 4 or 5 open opportunities gecause of the coaching change, and with some luck the decision will be made without salary consideration. Kampf could be the key to roster change.
Hopefully the change will support renewed spirit.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Hopefully this season they can at least make it interesting for 1st in the division instead of a boring slog to a 2nd/3rd place finish.

Other than that, just looking forward to seeing how the kids do. Screw the core.

Reactions: CincoHolio

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Interested to see Timmins.

He’s got an interesting skill set and another one given no leash by Keefe.

RHD, good size, strong accurate shot from the blue line and can move the puck out.

Still very early in his career and not a lot of NHL opportunity thus far.

Could be a solid RHD 3rd pairing with Benoit.

Reactions: ACC1224

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

RHD, good size, strong accurate shot from the blue line and can move the puck out.

Dollar wise he’s a better option then Lilly imo, neither are physical enough though imo……

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Timmins is 26, has good size and a good shot and some offensive chops and while he’s not always bad in the D zone, when he is it’s horrifying. Its possible but I don’t really have a lot of faith in him, Hakkanpa would have been good for the D.

I would honestly try giving him some reps on the wing, he skates well, he shoots well and he’s big enough.

Somebody young will make it this year, Cowan is the closest but it doesn’t need to be him.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

The rumour mill is spinning in Toronto and Maple Leafs defenseman Conor Timmins appears to be caught up in the middle of it all.​

Without Nicholas Robertson and Jani Hakanpaa signed, the Leafs have $1.275M in cap space with a 22-player roster and a couple of holes to fill. They have already brought in Steven Lorentz on a PTO and continue to negotiate a contract with Max Pacioretty. That being said, it appears that GM Brad Treliving would like some extra cap space and is currently and quietly shopping Conor Timmins based on the latest from The Fourth Period's Dave Pagnotta.

"The Maple Leafs currently have slightly over $1.275 million in salary cap space but could free up an additional $1.1 million by trading defenceman Conor Timmins, or the team could place him on waivers and if he clears then send him down to the AHL," wrote Pagnotta in his latest column.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Some interesting thoughts.

The rumour mill is spinning in Toronto and Maple Leafs defenseman Conor Timmins appears to be caught up in the middle of it all.​

Without Nicholas Robertson and Jani Hakanpaa signed, the Leafs have $1.275M in cap space with a 22-player roster and a couple of holes to fill. They have already brought in Steven Lorentz on a PTO and continue to negotiate a contract with Max Pacioretty. That being said, it appears that GM Brad Treliving would like some extra cap space and is currently and quietly shopping Conor Timmins based on the latest from The Fourth Period's Dave Pagnotta.

Where does it say they are "quietly shopping him"?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Don't think training camp will be too "exciting" but should be a little different with a new coach at the helm then years prior.

1. New coach. Unlike years before where you already knew whose playing with who, this time around you aren't sure what lines are going to look like, along with the D-pairings.

2. Cowan making the team. I think Minten starts the year in the AHL and gets a few games in the NHL as a callup, but Easton Cowan has a real shot at making the team. Especially if Toronto hasn't signed Pacioretty or Robertson for that 3rd line LW spot.

3. Does Treliving make a trade? Last year, Gregor PTO from camp forced Treliving to trade away the more expensive Lafferty. There's a gaping hole sitting at the 3C position, Kampf lacks the offence to be that 3C and is too expensive to be your 4th line C, and I'm not sold on Holmberg taking over as 3C. Mix in Lorentz/Holmberg to be your cheaper 4C and suddenly there's no room for Kampf.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Don't think training camp will be too "exciting" but should be a little different with a new coach at the helm then years prior.

1. New coach. Unlike years before where you already knew whose playing with who, this time around you aren't sure what lines are going to look like, along with the D-pairings.

2. Cowan making the team. I think Minten starts the year in the AHL and gets a few games in the NHL as a callup, but Easton Cowan has a real shot at making the team. Especially if Toronto hasn't signed Pacioretty or Robertson for that 3rd line LW spot.

3. Does Treliving make a trade? Last year, Gregor PTO from camp forced Treliving to trade away the more expensive Lafferty. There's a gaping hole sitting at the 3C position, Kampf lacks the offence to be that 3C and is too expensive to be your 4th line C, and I'm not sold on Holmberg taking over as 3C. Mix in Lorentz/Holmberg to be your cheaper 4C and suddenly there's no room for Kampf.
I was just looking around and found this projection that has Cowan on the 2nd line with Tavares and Nylander.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I was just looking around and found this projection that has Cowan on the 2nd line with Tavares and Nylander.

It's not a bad idea, put him with the responsible JT and a playmaker like Nylander, the matchups will be tough for him having to go up against top 4 Dman every night.

Toronto has to develop him right, I'm not sure putting him on the 3rd or 4th line is right either when your responsibility is more so make sure you don't get scored on, and if you score thats a bonus.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad