NHL 2024- 2025 Out of Town - Max Pacioretty Is A Leaf?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I'm not suggesting he hasn't done right by the team and franchise, just when you're making near 9 mil a year for nearly 20 years, the trade off of 7-10% of your salary potential to have better teammates and a better chance to win cups (and associated sponor lifts) makes a lot of sense to me - even financially. A few cups gets sponsor deals and $ much better than as the runner up. I'm sure his handlers ran the numbers and felt it was in his best interest all around.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'm not suggesting he hasn't done right by the team and franchise, just when you're making near 9 mil a year for nearly 20 years, the trade off of 7-10% of your salary potential to have better teammates and a better chance to win cups (and associated sponor lifts) makes a lot of sense to me - even financially. A few cups gets sponsor deals and $ much better than as the runner up. I'm sure his handlers ran the numbers and felt it was in his best interest all around.
Yeah, and Dubas was talking about the "tremendous personal sacrifice" Crosby made.....

Dude, he's already a millionaire many times over.... personal sacrifice is not the terminology I'd use here lol

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Just read the entire Crosby thread on the Penguins board.

Really interesting.

While he could have broken the bank and didn’t, he also could have said “I’ll play for $1m per season. Go out and surround me with the best supporting cast possible so I can get back into the playoffs.”

It’s his prerogative and he’s earned that right.

It’s also different I guess when you’ve already won your Cups and cemented your legacy.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I'm a fan of fighting in hockey just like anyone else but I would not be upset if it continues to phase itself out. Those are troubling statistics and I wouldn't wish that fate for anyone all for the sake of entertainment.
Watching guys fight at this rookie development made me cringe. They’re at practice rinks and it’s the definition of staged the league should be fining both teams for that nonsense and suspending the coaches.

It regulates cheap shots and with visors guys aren’t going to get as much of a pounding. Lol at the thought that guys won’t eat a few punches for an NHL career and 7 figure salaries though because they might regret it in their 40s.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Watching guys fight at this rookie development made me cringe. They’re at practice rinks and it’s the definition of staged the league should be fining both teams for that nonsense and suspending the coaches.

It regulates cheap shots and with visors guys aren’t going to get as much of a pounding. Lol at the thought that guys won’t eat a few punches for an NHL career and 7 figure salaries though because they might regret it in their 40s.
For most guys without a contract or enough natural talent to wow scouts/management its the only tool they have to get noticed and win a job.
Until fighting in hockey is banned this will not go away. These guys will do whatever it takes to get a contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad