GDT: Training Camp discussion - Camp now open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He did perform better. It's ok to dislike a player and want him gone, doesn't mean he isn't a better player than his replacement.

He barely performed better.

It is okay to read my words and not manipulate them to answer a different question.

"Was Kadri that much better for us?"

That was the question, not was he better?

Kadri was barely better.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He barely performed better.

It is okay to read my words and not manipulate them to answer a different question.

"Was Kadri that much better for us?"

That was the question, not was he better?

Kadri was barely better.
Yes he was that much better for the Leafs

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
Bro

Kadri: 19GP 3G 7A 10PTS and 2 suspensions
Kerfoot: 30GP 4G 9A 13PTS and 0 suspensions

Was Kadri that much better for us?

If you exclude the 2013 playoffs, Kadri's stats are 12GP 2G 4A 6PTS and 2 suspensions, just wanted to show his stats with the core we have now.
52gp 44points
vs
48gp 18points

Kerfoot with the same colorado core Kadri popped off with had 5 points in 18 games. He was and always has been trash in the playoffs. Kadri had potential and if you couldn't see it you were blind.

Reactions: LeafSteel

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yes he was that much better for the Leafs

Anything to back this up?

It is the same as people pretending Hyman was great here because he tried really hard.

These players didn't produce for us when it mattered, yet people will defend them endlessly.

You can argue about why they didn't produce, but Kadri hurt this team more than he helped them.

52gp 44points
vs
48gp 18points

Kerfoot with the same colorado core Kadri popped off with had 5 points in 18 games. He was and always has been trash in the playoffs. Kadri had potential and if you couldn't see it you were blind.

He needed the help it appeared because he wasn't good here.

I don't care about their stats on another team, I care about how they performed here, Kadri wasn't the stud everyone wants to make him out to be.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Being the 6-10th most important player likely helped, maybe less pressure was all he needed or maybe Babcock just misused him, not sure.

He didn't produce here.
He didn't, can't deny that. Just glad that he proved in Colorado he wasn't the problem like a bunch over here thought he was.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He didn't, can't deny that. Just glad that he proved in Colorado he wasn't the problem like a bunch over here thought he was.

He hurt the Leafs more than he helped them, he definitely wasn't the solution either.

Maybe being 6-10th on the roster is what he needed, he can hide a little more than he could in Toronto.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Worse than Turtle Neck boy?
I didn’t like him either and hated cheering for him lol but someone who wore the C would just seem worse to me. Fully acknowledge that doesn’t make a lot of sense lol

But if Patches can stay somewhat healthy he could be a good addition to our top 6 on the left side.

Reactions: ACC1224

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He hurt the Leafs more than he helped them, he definitely wasn't the solution either.

Maybe being 6-10th on the roster is what he needed, he can hide a little more than he could in Toronto.
Weird reasoning you're sort of insinuating here.

So not good enough to hack it here as the "6th-10th" on the roster but apparently more than good enough for cup winning Colorado?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Were really debating whether Stanley Cup winner Kadri was better than known playoff flop Kerfoot? Have a good day yall.

Only if you can't read that is what you are debating, otherwise we are debating how they performed for the Leafs and how much better Kadri was than Kerfoot, not if he was better.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Were really debating whether Stanley Cup winner Kadri was better than known playoff flop Kerfoot? Have a good day yall.
Definitely not "we", only those who can't adapt their opinion to the reality that played out.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Anything to back this up?

It is the same as people pretending Hyman was great here because he tried really hard.

These players didn't produce for us when it mattered, yet people will defend them endlessly.

You can argue about why they didn't produce, but Kadri hurt this team more than he helped them.

He needed the help it appeared because he wasn't good here.

I don't care about their stats on another team, I care about how they performed here, Kadri wasn't the stud everyone wants to make him out to be.
We were screaming from the rooftops to have him traded after that second suspension. That was possibly the least surprising trade I can think of.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Weird reasoning you're sort of insinuating here.

So not good enough to hack it here as the "6th-10th" on the roster but apparently more than good enough for cup winning Colorado?

He wasn't 6-10th here, he was relied upon much more, I am saying being pushed down the ladder of how important you are, that likely helps his game, he can play hockey and not be the hot head he is.

Colorado, I think you can say, Makar, Mac, Rantanen, and Landeskog were 100% more important, no debate.

He can go in the group with Nuke, Toews, Lekhonen, and Byram, I think at least the first two were much more important.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He wasn't 6-10th here, he was relied upon much more, I am saying being pushed down the ladder of how important you are, that likely helps his game, he can play hockey and not be the hot head he is.

Colorado, I think you can say, Makar, Mac, Rantanen, and Landeskog were 100% more important, no debate.

He can go in the group with Nuke, Toews, Lekhonen, and Byram, I think at least the first two were much more important.
Lol that's a straight up lie, after Tavares was signed, Kadri got bumped to 3C, lost his spot on the PP, and his role was no doubt diminished. And outside of that, we just never had the winning culture here that Colorado had. Kadri seemed to fit in far better with a winning culture in Colorado than whatever the garbage we have here is.

He was 2C from day 1 in Colorado and they never took that away from him. He paid them back for that commitment by giving it his all in the playoffs and playing a very important role in them winning the cup.

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Lol that's a straight up lie, after Tavares was signed, Kadri got bumped to 3C, lost his spot on the PP, and his role was no doubt diminished. And outside of that, we just never had the winning culture here that Colorado had. Kadri seemed to fit in far better with a winning culture in Colorado than whatever the garbage we have here is.

He was 2C from day 1 in Colorado and they never took that away from him. He paid that back for that commitment by giving it his all in the playoffs and playing a very important role in them winning the cup.

The year he got pushed to 3C he got 2 points in 2 games before getting suspended... seems like he fit the quieter role... too bad he is a hot head.

2C vs 3C is not my argument, by the way, it is importance to the team.

He paid them back by getting suspended the next year and the fans called for him to be traded... Makar is the biggest reason they have a cup, not their 7th best player.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The year he got pushed to 3C he got 2 points in 2 games before getting suspended... seems like he fit the quieter role... too bad he is a hot head.

2C vs 3C is not my argument, by the way, it is importance to the team.
Yes, the 2C role is more important to the team than the 3C role.

You're getting way too confusing here. Thankfully reality is on my side that it was the Leafs who were the problem, not Kadri. Spin it however you like, we all saw how it played out.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Yes, the 2C role is more important to the team than the 3C role.

You're getting way too confusing here. Thankfully reality is on my side that it was the Leafs who were the problem, not Kadri. Spin it however you like, we all saw how it played out.

You are making arguments on your own, enjoy that, I know you think I am right since you can't stay on topic.

Continue telling everyone that Kadri was great here producing at 40 point pace and getting suspending 50% of the playoffs.

May want to look at who the 1C for Boston was and who the winger on line two was to see how important the position someone is on paper to their importance to the team... it may shock you how wrong you are.

Was Domi the most important winger last year? He was top line.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Pacioretty in a Leafs sweater will be really weird if it happens.
I didn’t really like him the VGK kit but he scored a little bit for them.

He is a big body that could put the puck in the net.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Timmons? Barry?

I appreciate Timmins was sheltered, yet his stats are quite good. He has a rocket of a point shot, something people regularly beg for…. His offense for his minutes and his puck moving ability is very good.

Yes, he has work to do, but he’s been injured so often, and missed so much time that his development has been Pejorative Slured. (Edit Hmm. That’s not a slur in this context think delayed, but starts with a r) . I don’t know if he can ever overcome that, or not be so injury prone, but he is worth the chance.
I have never suggested he us not worth the chance, but he does gave a few downsides.
His D is weak so he must be very strong on the Oside to compensate. He must have the puck.
He is not strong, physically.
With so many injuries he struggles to find his real self at this level and he needs to be self confident to play with the puck, but he really only has average skating. I see guys like him and think Ray Bourqe, smallish, not great Dman, huge on the puck, great shot and instinct AND can skate in top 20%. Timmins is not there.
Does Berube want a number 7 to play D or bring extra O. Hmmmm

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario

Toronto core is proven ass so yes your right he can he the 5th to 6th best player on a team and win

34, 44, 16, 91, 88 are amongst the worse performing cores league wide come playoffs, so kadri cant win with these losers

So glad to see you finally realized that

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I have never suggested he us not worth the chance, but he does gave a few downsides.
His D is weak so he must be very strong on the Oside to compensate. He must have the puck.
He is not strong, physically.
With so many injuries he struggles to find his real self at this level and he needs to be self confident to play with the puck, but he really only has average skating. I see guys like him and think Ray Bourqe, smallish, not great Dman, huge on the puck, great shot and instinct AND can skate in top 20%. Timmins is not there.
Does Berube want a number 7 to play D or bring extra O. Hmmmm
..and that is on Timmins... He's had a healthy off season finally, so hopefully he's worked on his strength, and his speed/acceleration. Off season is to work on those weaknesses, and put yourself in a position to move forward.

Reactions: Niagara Bill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad