CountDown to Camp - Opens September 19

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

egd27

exspecta usque ad proximum annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I do .
Murray wanted to be here his contract is league min.
Question if he gets claimed on waiver can he refuse.

Maybe they gave the same contract as Jones 100 thousand $ bonus
Assuming a 22 man roster due to cap, keeping 3 goalies means going with either 12F and 7D or 13F and 6D.

Either way, only one extra skater on the roster. Seems like a silly decision IMO

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
It felt weird to not give the C to Auston to start with.

He slipped up with that grabbing incident just before the season and MLSE is gutless.

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It felt weird to not give the C to Auston to start with.

He slipped up with that grabbing incident just before the season and MLSE is gutless.
Hopefully he’s grow out of the perv phase……

Leafs have been doing promo's and removing all the "O"s in their lettering. From their profile picture to now posters around the arena/online. No idea what it's about? Any idea's?

Need sll the 0’s for Marner’s next contract……

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca

Key quote from Berube in this article that kind of confirms what I've been saying about how Reaves under Berube is probably going to go similarly to Clifford under Berube in St. Louis:
“We want to play aggressive, physical hockey. I like to have a heavy team. And we want to play fast. And when I say heavy, I don’t mean running around and fighting people. Our team in St. Louis probably had the least number of fights in the NHL. We just played hard hockey, good in front of both nets.

The part I bolded basically reads like Berube criticizing Reaves already.

Reactions: weems and Sypher04

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Key quote from Berube in this article that kind of confirms what I've been saying about how Reaves under Berube is probably going to go similarly to Clifford under Berube in St. Louis:

He certainly may not fit into the style that the Coach wants but I don't read that as criticizing Reaves at all, not sure why you'd think that?
Reaves certainly doesn't run around looking for fights. He tries to play, he's just not very good.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Murray at his current cap hit, easily gets picked up on waivers

What are the rules on waivers again?

If he gets claimed, he has to stay on that team's NHL roster, so probably based on him being an injury replacement or better than one of their keepers. Odds are they won't want 3 on their NHL squad.

If they try and demote him Leafs get first choice to pick him up?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Murray at his current cap hit, easily gets picked up on waivers

If he gets a team to claim him to play in the NHL -- good for him... that's why the waiver rule exists. Some teams may have some goaltender injuries through training camp so not impossible.

But I'm not going to lose any sleep with losing Murray and you shouldn't either.

Reactions: tmlfan98

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

He only had 7 fights last season.

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca

Another quote from this article that was interesting:
Now he has to find a way to build success around Matthews, with Matthews’ leadership, and the likelihood of Marner playing alongside his longtime centre who is now the team’s captain.

He says he isn’t sure how the lines will look to start the season, but that’s kind of a coaching lie. He already has written down his lines to start camp. Whether that’s how they start the season is anyone’s guess, including Berube’s.

Seems like Berube is going to start with Matthews and Marner playing together on the top line.

Reactions: ACC1224

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Screenshot_2024-08-02-11-25-49~5.png

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I like the fact that he always brings up that he wants to play fast. He will talk about heavy hockey, being responsible but the need to still play fast and not go too overboard with the physical stuff. One of the more subtle, under the radar ways to play fast hockey is by having a balanced L/R setup with your defence pairings which allows you to take a pass more crisply and also hitting players in stride.

This was a great quote about it from Alex Goligoski...

Screenshot (1517).png

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
What are the rules on waivers again?

If he gets claimed, he has to stay on that team's NHL roster, so probably based on him being an injury replacement or better than one of their keepers. Odds are they won't want 3 on their NHL squad.

If they try and demote him Leafs get first choice to pick him up?
I believe so. Some team will have injuries and Murray is probably still better than a lot of backups. Just can't stay healthy.
If he gets a team to claim him to play in the NHL -- good for him... that's why the waiver rule exists. Some teams may have some goaltender injuries through training camp so not impossible.

But I'm not going to lose any sleep with losing Murray and you shouldn't either.
I won't but he is probably the best 3rd goalie you're going to get if he can stay healthy long enough to get a rhythm going

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad