Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 9 hours)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 150 61.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Moving Price to LTIR mid-season helps the Habs because contracts are accrued daily, so $2m cap space can bring in $6m+ contract mid-season or later. It keeps our options open & we won't have any issues at TD to either bring on a contract to help another team, or retain on one of our own players (Dvorak).

The Price LTIR becomes more valuable the longer we wait to do it.
Habs are already using LTIR (off-season one at that via RHP), they won't be accruing anything until both RHP and Laine contracts are removed from LTIR and the team is under the cap or they move about $3m of salary (if puck media is accurate) before those two are removed from LTIR (they need to stay there for 24 days minimum).

Leafs call up Hildeby because Woll might be hurt.
Woll didn't look like a guy who wasn't going to play tonight yesterday... :(

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Again ? The narrative around him is that he is injury prone.
Going into the season with Woll and Stolarz is verrrrrry suspect. Woll is a good goalie when he's healthy but that's the thing, he rarely is.

Stolarz has never had a full season workload essentially and don't get me started on Matt Murray's health stuff. The Leafs are going to be in the playoffs, they're just too good up front not to be, but I honestly think this is an achilles heel for this team.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

Leafs call up Hildeby because Woll might be hurt.
Shocking lol

Going into the season with Woll and Stolarz is verrrrrry suspect. Woll is a good goalie when he's healthy but that's the thing, he rarely is.

Stolarz has never had a full season workload essentially and don't get me started on Matt Murray's health stuff. The Leafs are going to be in the playoffs, they're just too good up front not to be, but I honestly think this is an achilles heel for this team.
They'll be alright in net after they trade Marner for Shesterkin :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad