Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 9 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
The following players have been sent down to the Laval Rocket: seven forwards (Vincent Arseneau, Alex Beaucage, Laurent Dauphin, Israel Mianscum, Logan Nijhoff, Jakov Novak and Charles Savoie), seven defensemen (Zackary Hayes, Joshua Jacobs, Chris Jandric, Simon Motew, Jacob Paquette, Vincent Sévigny and Tyler Wotherspoon), and two goaltenders (Luke Cavallin, Hunter Jones).

Additionally, the following players have been assigned to the Club’s AHL affiliate: Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar, Jacob Perreault, Xavier Simoneau, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, William Trudeau and Connor Hughes, for a total of nine forwards, one defenseman and one netminder.

(Sorry if this has been posted just didn’t see it)

Reason I’m actually posting is to see if someone has the who’s remaining list cause I’m only on my phone and very laze to do the math here.

Link to the article

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
The following players have been sent down to the Laval Rocket: seven forwards (Vincent Arseneau, Alex Beaucage, Laurent Dauphin, Israel Mianscum, Logan Nijhoff, Jakov Novak and Charles Savoie), seven defensemen (Zackary Hayes, Joshua Jacobs, Chris Jandric, Simon Motew, Jacob Paquette, Vincent Sévigny and Tyler Wotherspoon), and two goaltenders (Luke Cavallin, Hunter Jones).

Additionally, the following players have been assigned to the Club’s AHL affiliate: Owen Beck, Jared Davidson, Sean Farrell, Riley Kidney, Filip Mesar, Jacob Perreault, Xavier Simoneau, Luke Tuch, Florian Xhekaj, William Trudeau and Connor Hughes, for a total of nine forwards, one defenseman and one netminder.

(Sorry if this has been posted just didn’t see it)

Reason I’m actually posting is to see if someone has the who’s remaining list cause I’m only on my phone and very laze to do the math here.

Link to the article
Mailloux and Hen are still up, as expected for now.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Stay F: Roy, Barre-Boulet, Kapanen, Gignac, Heineman, Condotta.

Stay D: Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, (Reinbacher)

Stay G: Dobes

Roy was already in the NHL list before the camp IMO.

Kapanen and Heineman are fighting for a spot the most. Gignac and Condotta for sitting in the rafter jobs.

Then, they want to see as much as they can from Mailloux, Engstrom, and Rein before sending them back. Maybe Mailloux will stay.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
Ou didn’t think of gig staying I knew the others but knew I was missing someone. Not that I think that means much at all. Kap, Barre-B and Hein are the guys upfront I like. The D in my head are more obvious then other people seem to think I guess but everyone remaining makes sense

@Bobby Holik agent
This was supposed to be a reply to yours. doing this on my phone is wild

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
okay....settled down a bit. Any word overnight on Laine. Hopefully it's a 4-6 week scenario. still worried it's the season. either way, I see it as an opportunity to keep Kapanen.

let's give the kid a chance.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Roy
Kapanen - Dvorak - Anderson
Gally - Evans - Armia
Pezz

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Should add Joshua Roy to the list sent to Laval. He has been massively underwhelming, looks totally disinterested.

Roy obviously wasn't going to be an early cut but all summer we had some commentators here insist that Roy should be given a top6 spot and no other top6 player be acquired (eg. Zegras, McGroarty, Necas, or Laine) because it would get in the way of his development.

Apparently internal competition is bad and scoring depth is worse. Now with Laine potentially out injured, Roy has yet another chance to grab a spot in the top6...

Reactions: Habs

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
f***ing depressed to see that we will go with a second line of Roy-Dach-Newhook moving fowards… And our f***ing bottom 6 is even worse. No f***ing depth and soft as hell. We are so soft its incredible. Hughes did nothing to improve that. Stick tonthe old vets softest. Ride the contracts. Be f***ing creative you stupid sob.

Depressing.

Here comes another tank year.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
f***ing depressed to see that we will go with a second line of Roy-Dach-Newhook moving fowards… And our f***ing bottom 6 is even worse. No f***ing depth and soft as hell. We are so soft its incredible. Hughes did nothing to improve that. Stick tonthe old vets softest. Ride the contracts. Be f***ing creative you stupid sob.

Depressing.

Here comes another tank year.
It's going to be Anderson/Dach/Newhook. ;)

And we are probably going to see Heineman or Kapanen on the roster now.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
How about we target player who are not injury prone for once?

We drafted Reinbacher even if he failed miserably our combine interview. So bad, that they thought of not drafting him but decided to give him a second try lol. And he had already two bad knees. Already in braces.

Dach, Laine are all player with historic.

We need to stop shopping in thrift shop.

Reactions: Levard

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
How about we target player who are not injury prone for once?

We drafted Reinbacher even if he failed miserably our combine interview. So bad, that they thought of not drafting him but decided to give him a second try lol. And he had already two bad knees. Already in braces.

Dach, Laine are all player with historic.

We need to stop shopping in thrift shop.
Are you okay? You sound like you need a Snickers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad