Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - camp edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Utica's training camp opens on OCT. 2nd.

It'll be interesting to see what they do at that point.

I figured it would be Dineen and the AHL coaching staff running things for the last 3 preseason games, which will more or less be played by the Utica guys anyway. Maybe a smaller Utica camp opens up on the 2nd with the last of the guys joining on the 4th given the final preseason game is on the 3rd.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
If Casey-Nemec can get some weak matchups then I think they have a chance to feast.

I’d throw them out for an offensive zone draw after the opponent’s icing over Hamilton-Dillon, as an example.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Might even be better than Larsson, Merill, Gelinas, Urbom & Burlon.

giphy.webp

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This team hasn’t earned any benefit of the doubt. They have no equity. Until they prove it this year and change my mind, I will continue to put the blame squarely on the players. Specifically Nico and Jack. They need to dominate or they can go somewhere else.

I'm a few days late to this convo and I'm just busting chops but just wanted to point out the irony of Sansa Stark being the most annoying character on Game of Thrones lol

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I can't believe Mac made the trip. He has been horrendous. He is a liability every time he's out there.

I’m completely unsurprised. He’s not there to play hockey so it literally didn’t matter how bad he was. You don’t give the guy 1.15x3 to send him down right away. They at least gave him the max you can bury so they’ve always got the option to get out of it but he was always going to make the team off the bat no matter what

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I would go:
Siegenthaler-Hamilton
Dillon-Nemec
Casey-Kovacevic

I’m curious to see how Keefe’s current pairings work out.

I said the same thing yesterday. They’ve got to flip Siegs and Dillon. Siegs-Dougie’s always been great. Even last year before Dougie got hurt they were dominating their minutes. Dillon’s too aggressive to pair up with Dougie. I don’t hate trying Casey-Nemec

Reactions: longislanddevil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad