Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 8 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I'd straight up leave Anderson as the 13th and dress Pezzetta.

That bottom 6 is soooooooftttt and Anderson isn't doing anything to help it anyway.
I know this won’t go over well.

Last season was a right off for Anderson. I might be a sucker for punishment but I’m willing to give him 10-15 games to see if he can show something.

• Haha
Reactions: the

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022

Last season was a right off for Anderson. I might be a sucker for punishment but I’m willing to give him 10-15 games to see if he can show something.
Should professional players get a whole season as "a write-off"? Is it fair to other players who want a shot to show what they can do?

How did he look in the current preseason, in your opinion?

branlumi

Sep 26, 2024
T - 8 days

This countdown is so much less exciting now btw
I am still excited but to your point "less" for sure because these 2 injuries still sting for sure - hopefully we get an update today

that being said - i am extremely excited to see Oliver Kapanen play hopefully tonight vs Ottawa and see what he can do, i hope they also play Roy tonight as i need to see him more engaged and ready to step up

lots of talk about how pre-season is not needed etc but i completely disagree.

LETS GET A DAMN PP GOAL TONIGHT

Reactions: SwiftyHab

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Kapanen as 2nd line winger I'll take over Anderson, that's for sure. He can play wing. Kapanen at least gives us options especially when Dvorak gets his usual season ending injury.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Kapanen-Dach-Newhook
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Mailloux

Matheson
Primeau

Mailloux could be sent to Laval, but I don't see Barron as a full-time player. I think Struble, Barron & Mailloux will probably rotate.
Armia likely gets 3RW to start. I d put Pezzeta on 4th line instead of Anderson, wake up call.

Anderson has been bad for the last 3 seasons, how is last season the write off ?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Armia likely gets 3RW to start. I d put Pezzeta on 4th line instead of Anderson, wake up call.

Anderson has been bad for the last 3 seasons, how is last season the write off ?
In a perfect world the Anderson experiment would end. Where was the pack mentality right after Laine was clipped the other night? If I am Xhekaj I have a private talk with Anderson and ask that question.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Should professional players get a whole season as "a write-off"? Is it fair to other players who want a shot to show what they can do?

How did he look in the current preseason, in your opinion?
The reality is he is on the team, and he isn’t taking anyone’s spot. Fair, don’t know what that has to do with it. The guy has a contract and will be here to start the year. My point is I’m not going to let last year infect my opinion of this year. I’ll give him 10-15 games to see if he has changed.

This preseason, he has been ok, its tough to say as these games have zero meaning and are usually junk quality.

My point is I’d like to see how he comes out of the gate. Its a write off for me, I want to see how he comes out in the first 10-15 games.

Three years, I don't think so. He did put up 21 & 19 goals two seasons prior to last.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad