Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 8 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
My blood still has not cooled down 1 degree.
If nothing else, I want every Hab player to hunt down Matthews,Marner and Nylander on game one with the intent of ending their season in the same fashion Laine was treated.
Fu$$%;^ Reaves, I don’t want anybody engaging with that fool, go for the talented players.
I’ll take a 5 game suspension of any of our players as a win on day 1.
Eye for an eye.
Have Matthews ,Marner and Nylander go complain to Pare

Reactions: Levard

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Honestly, even without the surface level anger that I had when Laine was kneed, I still want to see somebody take some serious runs at Marner/Nylander in Game 1.

I don't mean just finishing their checks, I mean ride the line between charging and a legal hit as much as possible.

I believe it's the right hockey decision.
I agree. Not that I wish the players to have major injuries but beating them on the ice vs. beating them up is often presented as a one-or-the-other, it doesn't have to be that way, I want to cheer for a team that can do both. I also think the way Berube coaches he will push his players to walk the line as well.

Reactions: Canadienna

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
My blood still has not cooled down 1 degree.
If nothing else, I want every Hab player to hunt down Matthews,Marner and Nylander on game one with the intent of ending their season in the same fashion Laine was treated.
Fu$$%;^ Reaves, I don’t want anybody engaging with that fool, go for the talented players.
I’ll take a 5 game suspension of any of our players as a win on day 1.
Eye for an eye.
Have Matthews ,Marner and Nylander go complain to Pare

Give Connor Hughes some cash under the table.

tropic-thunder-comedy.gif

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Hey Habs fans. Over on the History subforum on the mains, we like to indulge in a little bit of fun now and then in the form of meaningless rankings, comparisons, and debates of historical players. This year we're ranking the top goaltenders of all time, and in the first voting round, we've got three Canadiens up for vote. I don't know how many around here were big Jacques Plante boosters in his day, but I'm certain there's at least a few Patrick Roy and Ken Dryden fans lurking in here.

If you're one of those people, or if you simply enjoy reading and learning about players of the past and present, come on down and join us in the thread for some pre-season fun. We've only just started, so any and all contributions to the thread are appreciated and valued!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wonder if they take a look at Boyd or Bailey if they prefer sending down Heineman/ABB to start the year and letting Kapanen go back to Sweden.

Neither are great options, but they're vet 4th liners with decent (Boyd) or good (Bailey) size. Better fits than ABB if they want a bigger bottom 6.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I wonder if they take a look at Boyd or Bailey if they prefer sending down Heineman/ABB to start the year and letting Kapanen go back to Sweden.

Neither are great options, but they're vet 4th liners with decent (Boyd) or good (Bailey) size. Better fits than ABB if they want a bigger bottom 6.
Blais is available.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Going by what Gorton said on the Sick Podcat today, Kapanen is probably staying unless he looks absolute terrible in the last 2 pre-season games. He was the first name Gorton had in mind when asked who can replace Laine in the line-up.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Going by what Gorton said on the Sick Podcat today, Kapanen is probably staying unless he looks absolute terrible in the last 2 pre-season games. He was the first name Gorton had in mind when asked who can replace Laine in the line-up.
He can take his spot but he isn’t replacing him.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Kapanen as 2nd line winger I'll take over Anderson, that's for sure. He can play wing. Kapanen at least gives us options especially when Dvorak gets his usual season ending injury.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky
Kapanen-Dach-Newhook
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Mailloux

Matheson
Primeau

Mailloux could be sent to Laval, but I don't see Barron as a full-time player. I think Struble, Barron & Mailloux will probably rotate.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Kapanen as 2nd line winger I'll take over Anderson, that's for sure. He can play wing. Kapanen at least gives us options especially when Dvorak gets his usual season ending injury.
Amusingly, Gorton said nothing about Anderson playing on the 2nd line. It was Kapanen, Roy, Armia and Gallagher... Not sure MSL will get the memo thought.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Kapanen-Dach-Newhook
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Mailloux

Matheson
Primeau

Mailloux could be sent to Laval, but I don't see Barron as a full-time player. I think Struble, Barron & Mailloux will probably rotate.
I’ll take Kap over Roy on the second line all day long.

Last edited:

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Honestly, even without the surface level anger that I had when Laine was kneed, I still want to see somebody take some serious runs at Marner/Nylander in Game 1.

I don't mean just finishing their checks, I mean ride the line between charging and a legal hit as much as possible.

I believe it's the right hockey decision.

I can't legally spell out what I want to see happen on game 1 without getting infracted for it.

Kapanen-Dach-Newhook
Roy-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezzetta

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Barron
Struble-Mailloux

Matheson
Primeau

I really want us to dress Pezzetta on game 1. Dude is completely unhinged and this is pretty much all there is to it.vqJGQFS.gif

Last edited:

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Amusingly, Gorton said nothing about Anderson playing on the 2nd line. It was Kapanen, Roy, Armia and Gallagher... Not sure MSL will get the memo thought.

Armia & Gallagher both scored more goals than Anderson last year. Roy & Kapanen are far more talented. At this point, Anderson is a 4th liner. I expect him to start on 3rd with Dvorak, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roy & Kapanen with Dach, and put the Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line back together as the 3rd line.

That leaves: Evans-Dvorak-Anderson as the 4th line.

Reactions: CDN24 and morhilane

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I can't legally spell out what I want to see happen on game 1 without getting infracted for it.

I really want us to dress Pezzetta on game 1. Dude is completely unhinged and this is pretty much all there is to it.View attachment 911221

He's a middleweight, though. He can't fight guys like Reaves, but, yeah, I'd put him in Game 1, too along with Struble & Xhekaj. Sit Barron & Mailloux.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Armia & Gallagher both scored more goals than Anderson last year. Roy & Kapanen are far more talented. At this point, Anderson is a 4th liner. I expect him to start on 3rd with Dvorak, though.

I wouldn't mind seeing Roy & Kapanen with Dach, and put the Armia-Newhook-Gallagher line back together as the 3rd line.

That leaves: Evans-Dvorak-Anderson as the 4th line.

I'd straight up leave Anderson as the 13th and dress Pezzetta.

That bottom 6 is soooooooftttt and Anderson isn't doing anything to help it anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad