Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 6 hours)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 150 61.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If only we would have a real coach or GM that would build a real lineup instead of team of ballerines.

Sell us on trading away multiple first round picks to dump Gallagher and Anderson, and then how you go about getting all these miraculous tough guys who can fight and play hockey.

They can only do so much and they've clearly emphasized it in the draft; and will eventually address it through UFA when they have space to do so.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sell us on trading away multiple first round picks to dump Gallagher and Anderson, and then how you go about getting all these miraculous tough guys who can fight and play hockey.

They can only do so much and they've clearly emphasized it in the draft; and will eventually address it through UFA when they have space to do so.

Trading DVO now, for cheap, i don’t care we won’t miss him, put Kapanen at center, heineman on the third and Pezz or any tough guy on the fourth.

Simple twist and easy to do. You wont get a f***ing first for dvo on deadline day ffs, why wait anyway?. Seems hard for Hughes though.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
MSL is incompetent beyond certain point. He is a living example of Peter principle. Time for a new coach... and I don't mean it a derogatory way toward MSL. He just doesn't have what it takes to take the team to the next level. And this all on Hughes at this point. I am also starting to have some serious doubts about him.

I 100% agree, but we will take nothing but abuse for not loving MSL on this board. He should have been an assistant for a couple years and learned a few things. He may even be a great mentor, not disagreeing with this, but the team looks lost on most nights regardless. Yeah sure he's probably giving Heinemen a sniff, but what does that say to a guy who scored in the pre-season, fought, and does whatever he's asked? I'd play him just because it is Toronto, and just to soften up their lines a bit.

If this was another team, fine. But not tonight, I'd send a message and let Pez play

Cringe. Did he also recite Tony Robbins and Jim Rohn?

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I 100% agree, but we will take nothing but abuse for not loving MSL on this board. He should have been an assistant for a couple years and learned a few things. He may even be a great mentor, not disagreeing with this, but the team looks lost on most nights regardless. Yeah sure he's probably giving Heinemen a sniff, but what does that say to a guy who scored in the pre-season, fought, and does whatever he's asked? I'd play him just because it is Toronto, and just to soften up their lines a bit.
He also apparently not worried about his powerplay going -1-30 in pre-season. I guess it will organically sort itself out. Sigh. So depressing already.

Reactions: Habs

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
If only we would have a real coach or GM that would build a real lineup instead of team of ballerines.
Hahah yeah idk man. I get what you're saying about the bottom six being soft and I don't love it either but not sure this is really congruent with your next post about trading Dvorak and scratching ABB to dress Kapanen and Pezzetta. That's a pretty minor change if we're ostensibly a team full of ballerinas.

Dvorak is here because he's the only left handed center on the team and because they don't want to start the season without 4 bonafide NHL Cs. ABB is playing tonight because it's the home opener and he's a local guy who probably won't be around all year, I don't think it'll take long for Pezzetta and Kapanen to be in the lineup and it's not like Heineman is some perimeter softie.

It is what it is, they drafted F. Xhekaj, signed Tuch, drafted Thorpe/Protz, kept Xhekaj and traded Harris/Kovacevic to keep A. Xhekaj and Struble around. It's pretty obvious they're trying to add grit but there's only so much that can be done to remake a bottom six year over year when it still includes a lot of big veteran contracts.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

This is some Ottawa senators type of shi

Don't like it one bit.

'Why not us?'

Like, when has it not been you jabroni?
A5pZ7P2.png

You're the Montreal Canadiens.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Trading DVO now, for cheap, i don’t care we won’t miss him, put Kapanen at center, heineman on the third and Pezz or any tough guy on the fourth.

Simple twist and easy to do. You wont get a f***ing first for dvo on deadline day ffs, why wait anyway?. Seems hard for Hughes though.
Who cares about Pezz hes a punching bag doesnt scare anyone on the ice and we cant be trading Dvorak not knowing if Dach can stay healthy the players still wanna win and no team will take him at full cap will need to retain might aswell do that at deadline for a 2nd hes playing for a new contract so he should give a better effort

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Who cares about Pezz hes a punching bag doesnt scare anyone on the ice and we cant be trading Dvorak not knowing if Dach can stay healthy the players still wanna win and no team will take him at full cap will need to retain might aswell do that at deadline for a 2nd hes playing for a new contract so he should give a better effort

At least he could avoid Xhekaj to have to answer everything. ‘Cause we all know Anderson won’t. p***y.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At least he could avoid Xhekaj to have to answer everything. ‘Cause we all know Anderson won’t. p***y.
Anderson better stand out tonight. He is highly paid, great skater, good shot and is a big, strong forward. He better not allow others to carry his slack.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

You'd probably have to pay something to move Dvorak now with the salary cap being used for most teams at the start.. and if just getting Pezzetta in the line-up makes us a tougher team to play against and not a bunch of 'ballerinas' then I'd say we are splitting hairs here.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
You'd probably have to pay something to move Dvorak now with the salary cap being used for most teams at the start.. and if just getting Pezzetta in the line-up makes us a tougher team to play against and not a bunch of 'ballerinas' then I'd say we are splitting hairs here.

It doesnt make us a tough team, but at least X has helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad