Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 18 days) - Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 96 52.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Mesar

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 34 18.7%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Tuch

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
I unfortunately don't see him making it this season. He'd have to be the 3rd line center for it to be worthwhile, and we are stuck with Dvorak.
I don't think he will make it but if he plays well enough in the pre season games he could force management hands and make them keep him on the team

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Barron seem to have a good start

We will have more answers this week with real game
Barron knows exactly what he has to do and how he has to play this camp.
He can do it based on what I saw towards the end of last season in Laval.
I was able to find a lot of positive things to say about him down the stretch.
Mostly about realizing he's big for a reason and how moving the puck immediately cleans up his game.

Reactions: the

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Barron knows exactly what he has to do and how he has to play this camp.
He can do it based on what I saw towards the end of last season in Laval.
I was able to find a lot of positive things to say about him down the stretch.
Mostly about realizing he's big for a reason and how moving the puck immediately cleans up his game.
His offensive play need to exceed his flaws defensively. If He is on the ice for 2 goals against and he is scoring one. He is still -1. To play on top 4 for a contender team, you need to bring something elite. Over 35/40 Points, or a physical game like many hit, block shot, or a defensive game with a positive ratio. If he don’t produce that much, his ratio is soso and his defensive game isnt strong. He won’t become a top 4

Reactions: Pomee and nicehiss

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
His offensive play need to exceed his flaws defensively. If He is on the ice for 2 goals against and he is scoring one. He is still -1. To play on top 4 for a contender team, you need to bring something elite. Over 35/40 Points, or a physical game like many hit, block shot, or a defensive game with a positive ratio. If he don’t produce that much, his ratio is soso and his defensive game isnt strong. He won’t become a top 4
His complete lack of physical game doesn't help him.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I didn’t know he signed with them. Would be awesome if Hughes found a way to dump Dvorak before the season so Kapanen can stay.
Especially with his injury history, if we really want to ‘be in the mix’ can’t have Evans as our 3C when Christian inevitably ends up on IR. Put him on waivers if Kapanen outplays him and Hughes can’t find a trade partner, insurance in Laval and can still maybe get something at the TDL

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone know who Hutson has been playing with so far at camp?

And Xheka? And Savard?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad