Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 18 days) - Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 96 53.3%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Mesar

Votes: 14 7.8%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Me neither, I mean I watch all the games. Personally I thought Struble struggled a lot after the first 10 games - analytics support that. To make it full time in the show he has to be a beast defensively and I didn’t see it consistently.

As for the breakdown, by pairings him and Savard are by far the worst of the year at 30% expected goals (3rd worse in the league) so yeah definitely didn’t do the job when bumped up….it’s a bit of a red flag to me.
I don’t think Struble will be an everyday NHLer, people got excited because he seemed to surprise out of nowhere. He’s never been as good as Harris and that isn’t changing now.

She asked me too.
For every 30-50lbs overweight you will lose an inch of visible penis. Just saying.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I don’t think Struble will be an everyday NHLer, people got excited because he seemed to surprise out of nowhere. He’s never been as good as Harris and that isn’t changing now.
The potential of his physicality is probably why most got excited, just like Harris’ lack of it had people judge him unfairly imo. I’m not sure what to make of Struble just yet myself, but I do find his potential intriguing.
For every 30-50lbs overweight you will lose an inch of visible penis. Just saying.
Just being able to look down and see it is my benchmark for physical fitness.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
IMG_0222.jpeg

The legend himself Harpoon Bazoong is here

Kapanen and Hutson looking good so far

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm pretty sure Harpoon Bazooong is rushing out some information here. He has nothing to leak so he treats measurement lists like its the TDL.

Those updates don't sound credible at all.

AFAIC, Kapanen has been 6'1 for years.

Kids don't shrink.

Roy was 192 last year.
Everyone watching Rein this summer was commenting on how he looked taller, pretty weird.

Reactions: Shred

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm pretty sure Harpoon Bazooong is rushing out some information here. He has nothing to leak so he treats measurement lists like its the TDL.

Those updates don't sound credible at all.

AFAIC, Kapanen has been 6'1 for years.

Kids don't shrink.

Roy was 192 last year.
Yeah exactly, it was Roy weight last year and as you said kapanen have been 6.1 for 2 years now.... What a joke report from him this morning. Reinbacher was 6.3 at the NHL measurement for the draft

Reactions: Canadienna

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love Torts and would want him as a coach but I get what you're saying about the younger generation. Unfortunately, most don't respond to being challenged these days and see it as sign of disrespect. It's sad for me to watch these young players basically come into the league and expect everything to be given to them. Oddly enough, my dad said the same thing about me and my generation when we were all in competitive sports. Back in my day.....:)

The key to coaching now is learning and understanding your player's needs and qualities as a person to help them become the best they can. How to push their buttons, how to motivate, how to get the most out of them. Coaching is very much a psychological experiment these days.
Each generation thinks the next and upcoming have this entitlement eh..................could be right, but in some cases not quite right.
Go figure. Depends on the cast eh........
The kids have been spoiled by $$$$$$$$

I think with the habs they made inroads with the main core players, like The Captain, and CC, Slaf, and company. They are dialed in to MSL ( still not convinced he is the right coach ) and they dialed into the salary cap expectations and have HuGo managing as best they can to ensure a competative team for years to come.
We are going in the right direction.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Bag skates are not allowed per CBA
Those drills are actually lame compared to some of drills back in the day. I'd like to see their faces after completing a full "Lightening Drill"
Some people here may be familiar with it. Basically it starts from the end zone accelerate to the blue line and back accelerate to the red line and back accelerate to the far blue line and back and then accelerate to the far end zone and back. There is also a lite version where you only come back to your own blue line after the far blue line and the far blue line from the far end zone. Lot's of fun. :phew:

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

But it won't affect the invisible penis.....Phew!

• Haha
Reactions: waitin425

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad