Could the Ottawa Senators relocate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The Ottawa Senators are in a pickle, they had bad ownership and bad management, right now it is looking like it is going in the right direction but you never know.

They play in a arena which is old and not in the city, the stars players are not happy, their player are always asking for trades because they want out and to top it all off they need to forfeit a first round pick.

Having said all that, is there a chance that the Ottawa Senators relocate?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Ottawa Senators are in a pickle, they had bad ownership and bad management, right now it is looking like it is going in the right direction but you never know.

They play in a arena which is old and not in the city, the stars players are not happy, their player are always asking for trades because they want out and to top it all off they need to forfeit a first round pick.

No

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Yes I believe they will relocate from Kanata to somewhere else in the metro. When? Don't know.

I don't remember all the details but I seem to recall about 2003 they were facing bankruptcy and were looking at relocation options. If they didn't move then, they aren't moving now.

Reactions: Barsky

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
They still have an NHL sized arena in Kanata. Theyll just keep dumping some money to keep it serviceable over the years and stay there.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yes.... but only from one suburb to another or into the city itself. The Sens moving outside of the capital region would be shocking.

Heck, build an arena in Gatineau to let Quebec have a second team technically.

Reactions: HarrySPlinkett

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Of course, and I actually thought that was already in the works.

The move would be nearby, obviously, another location either in or close to Ottawa, but I could have sworn a deal had been reached for this. Can't remember the name though.

Lebreton?

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I am in no way saying the Sens are going to move but I'm curious to those that think there is "no way" are getting that from? First in sports you have a group of 30 some uber rich greedy friends in each league. All you have to do is give them the idea they may make more money by allowing you to move your team. Also owner rarely reject a move proposal because they don't want to be denied if they feel the need to move.

Finally if iconic franchises like the Cleveland Browns ( yes for young people they were iconic and one of the best teams of all time when they moved) the Raiders, Rams (who filled their barn in St.Louis before the move) and many other much more recognizable teams have moved. What makes you think the 4th or 5th most popular Canadian team that has little history to its credit, almost zero "memba when the Sens did this?" moments can't be relocated?

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Barsky

Jun 22, 2010
No

I am in no way saying the Sens are going to move but I'm curious to those that think there is "no way" are getting that from? First in sports you have a group of 30 some uber rich greedy friends in each league. All you have to do is give them the idea they may make more money by allowing you to move your team. Also owner rarely reject a move proposal because they don't want to be denied if they feel the need to move.

Finally if iconic franchises like the Cleveland Browns ( yes for young people they were iconic and one of the best teams of all time when they moved) the Raiders, Rams (who filled their barn in St.Louis before the move) and many other much more recognizable teams have moved. What makes you think the 4th or 5th most popular Canadian team that has little history to its credit, almost zero "memba when the Sens did this?" moments can't be relocated?
The NFL is not the NHL, VERY different leagues

Bear of Bad News

"The Worst Guy on the Site" - user feedback
Sep 27, 2005
I hear Nebraska’s nice

1723739703976.png

Reactions: LemonSauceD

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Probably not anytime soon.

When they move downtown, or wherever it's going to f***ing suck. People in this city can't drive, they can turn, they merge onto the highway well below highway speeds and drive below the posted speed on any other road.

I'm in the minority in that I hope they stay in Kanata, but I'm not even a sens fan

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

I think you might be onto something. You should probably bet a lot of money on this happening soon.

• Haha
Reactions: NyQuil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad