Speculation: Could Patrick Kane be a trade target?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

its josh

May 13, 2020
Probably Edmonton or Florida. But I think Toews retires before being traded. The guy has accomplished everything under the sun and doesn't need to achieve anything more.
Probably what he tells himself going into each season, eh?

its josh

May 13, 2020
Kane has a base salary of $2.9m. You can easily have Arizona eat half of the remaining cap hit for a pick/prospect

Reactions: YP44

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Not a fan of this from Chicago’s perspective. If we’re retaining 50% for a year and a half, I’d want a better prospect like Kakko with those two 1sts. Not really a fan of any of those guys you mentioned above except Kravtsov, and I don’t see his value being THAT high.
I doubt Rangers trade Kakko anytime soon for anyone. Rangers want to have a long contention window and their young forwards are probably there to stay as part of that vision.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I bet Toews retires if Kane is traded. Toews has stated that he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team and trading Kane would definitely set the Hawks back and put them out of contending for another cup.

Toews won't retire he has 1 year left on his contract, if anything it's already known he has a immune system health issue my speculation he uses that and sits out his final year on ltir.

These players at the end of the day won't give up a penny of their contracts. Plus he makes money from endorsements and promos .

Looking at the new TV contracts with ESPN running things I don't see Toews getting a anchor gig anytime soon.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The problem is the NMC.

We all saw what can happen there with Taylor Hall. You'd have to hope Kane offers a long list.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Aside from the fact that I want nothing to do with Patrick Kane, especially after his comments about the Brad Aldrich scandal, even at 50% retained (which Chicago isn't going to do), the Rangers can't fit him into next year's cap with the other players they have to re-sign.

No thanks.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
You think you're getting Kakko + 2 1sts for 2 years of Kane?

Get real

I hate to break it to you but yes Kane is still a elite player very much so. Kakko hasn't played like a top 2 in the draft so his ceiling is very much questionable and 2 1st round picks would be exactly what your giving up plus kakko being considered a high end prospect. Kane controls his contract if he decides or is open to a move and if the rangers are a team willing to bring in Kane than yes the rangers are giving up at minimum 2 1st round picks and a nhl high end prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What are the Hawks direction? Thinking outside of the box here... 8 pts out of a playoff spot and could a trade like this get them into the playoffs? Lets say Price is healthy early Jan?

What Futures would the Hawks offer for this?
* Price (Retention down to $7M)
* Toffoli (2 more years at $4.25M)
* Chiarot (Pending UFA and we can retain 50%)
for
* Fleury's Pending UFA contract
* Strome (cap reasons)
* Futures?

$13M in and $10M out.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
What are the Hawks direction? Thinking outside of the box here... 8 pts out of a playoff spot and could a trade like this get them into the playoffs? Lets say Price is healthy early Jan?

What Futures would the Hawks offer for this?
* Price (Retention down to $7M)
* Toffoli (2 more years at $4.25M)
* Chiarot (Pending UFA and we can retain 50%)
for
* Fleury's Pending UFA contract
* Strome (cap reasons)
* Futures?

$13M in and $10M out.
No thank you sir
I don’t think they what direction they are headed either way

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No thank you sir
I don’t think they what direction they are headed either way

Figured but thought I'd throw that idea out there. Do you see the Hawks rebuilding or doing a reset? I think your more stuck than the Habs and should consider adding vs subtracting IMO

Defense is horrible. Need improvements there. Fleury is getting exposed. I think things change if you can improve goaltending and team D. Offense is there

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Figured but thought I'd throw that idea out there. Do you see the Hawks rebuilding or doing a reset? I think your more stuck than the Habs and should consider adding vs subtracting IMO

Defense is horrible. Need improvements there. Fleury is getting exposed. I think things change if you can improve goaltending and team D. Offense is there
Honestly don’t know
Since the coaching change the defense and fleury have been good
Offense is the issue

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Honestly don’t know
Since the coaching change the defense and fleury have been good
Offense is the issue

I think you need Bergevin as your GM. A few good trades and he brings in some guys to improve your D. Some may laugh at this but you got a few great solid top end pieces and if you have a strong team D with a very good goalie, the offense will be enough to cause damage. Exactly how the Habs went on their cup run last year and it's very effective.

A few good moves by the Hawks and I think they are a much better team. Your in a tough spot at the moment and the coach can only do so much to implement a D system. He needs more D tools IMO

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I think you need Bergevin as your GM. A few good trades and he brings in some guys to improve your D. Some may laugh at this but you got a few great solid top end pieces and if you have a strong team D with a very good goalie, the offense will be enough to cause damage.
2010 association will disqualify him
I’m not a big fan anyway

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
2010 association will disqualify him
I’m not a big fan anyway

Probably so. He was cleared of any wrongdoing but he was there and hiring him could be a distraction. I do think Bergevin has groomed himself into a much better GM than he gets credit for. His biggest flaw is he is too loyal. Holds onto management too long. Timmins scouting from 08-16 is horrible.

Anyways, thanks for the chat. Good luck with whatever direction the Hawks take

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Probably so. He was cleared of any wrongdoing but he was there and hiring him could be a distraction. I do think Bergevin has groomed himself into a much better GM than he gets credit for.

His biggest flaw is he is too loyal. Holds onto management too long. Timmins scouting from 08-16 is horrible.

Anyways, thanks for the chat. Good luck with whatever direction the Hawks take
Thank you sir good luck with your Habs also

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I think you need Bergevin as your GM. A few good trades and he brings in some guys to improve your D. Some may laugh at this but you got a few great solid top end pieces and if you have a strong team D with a very good goalie, the offense will be enough to cause damage. Exactly how the Habs went on their cup run last year and it's very effective.

A few good moves by the Hawks and I think they are a much better team. Your in a tough spot at the moment and the coach can only do so much to implement a D system. He needs more D tools IMO

Imo I believe Rocky brings in Eddie O to be the President and their interim GM and Head coach both are retained and made permanent.

I believe if Chicago is not in a playoff spot by early to mid January your then going to see Chicago get dismantled that includes kane , toews , Kubalik. Strome , fleury , dehaan and even murphy and maybe even cat .

Look at Rockford and there isn't any future top 6 players with the exception of Reichel as well as any future goaltender. The young defenseman are at best questionable regarding their own future.

Chicago won't be in any position to legitimately compete for several years.

That's my take on what I see . Stan and Collins where the final pieces to remove for the start of a serious rebuild

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yeah the Blackhawks are going to let whatever young wonk is sitting in the interim GM chair to trade a franchise legend during a lost season,

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Especially on a guy who’s still top 10 player in the league. Anyway, people really expect owners to lay ~10M to guy to play against them because why not.. why?

Is it strictly cap hit that gets divided? Or the actual salary as well? What prevents a team from saying they will pay the whole contract, while taking on only 50% of the cap (Especially if it’s a rich team like the Rangers or Colorado)? It’s just the cap that gets divided, technically.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Put Marner on LTIR for the season and boom. Trade the farm for Kane
Or you can try to get Arizona to take 50% of the 5.25 for a pretty penny, leaving Kane at 2.625. Arizona don't need the 2.625 million for a while so they might be up for it . That way you'll only need to deal Kerfoot out.

This deal would essentially set our window to 2 years though, we'd be dealing the entire farm for Kane with nothing leftover. I don't think I'd do it

Bunting - Matthews - Kane
Nylander - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase
Simmonds - Spezza - Ritchie

Is a pretty insane forward core though....

Reactions: Taylorst

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Yeah the Blackhawks are going to let whatever young wonk is sitting in the interim GM chair to trade a franchise legend during a lost season,

Kyle Davis the interim GM from what I hear from people outside the organization and those within he worked his way up very strong negotiator and I believe he wasn't a fan of many of stans moves. So I strongly think if Chicago is out of the playoff race by mid January he will if Kane agrees to waive his nmc trade him.

Chicago desperately needs high picks and high prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad