Speculation: Could Patrick Kane be a trade target?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I would say most teams would want the whole Beach situation resolved before trading for Toews/Kane. If they were proven to of “known” they will be canceled likely and team will be cornered into buying them out of whatever

Do you seriously think Kyle beach incident has anything to do with toews or kanes playing future or potential trade ? If you believe that your clearly spinning your wheels. Kane has more value than toews everyone would agree however toews is still valuable. Both players control their own future by their nmc should they waive that and are open-to a move then chicago can only get whatever team they chose has as a best offer. But no Kyle beach has no bearing on these players futures

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I would like to see him get another kick at a cup for sure. Rangers seem a good fit with retention

I can see kane possibly going to Toronto or Colorado both teams have plenty that they can send back . I could even see toews in a deal to edmonton

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Not a fan of this from Chicago’s perspective. If we’re retaining 50% for a year and a half, I’d want a better prospect like Kakko with those two 1sts. Not really a fan of any of those guys you mentioned above except Kravtsov, and I don’t see his value being THAT high.
You think you're getting Kakko + 2 1sts for 2 years of Kane?

Get real

Reactions: Profet

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
You think you're getting Kakko + 2 1sts for 2 years of Kane?

Get real

Jones, Chytil, and Kravtsov plus two 1sts does absolutely nothing for the Hawks. All of them are extremely expendable for the Rangers aside from the 2 1sts. It’s going to take someone with actual upside to get Kane at 50% retained for a year and a half. At the very least, Othmann and 2 1sts. Probably more than that. Kane hasn’t requested a trade (that we know of) and is under contract for the next year and a half. Hawks don’t have to trade him especially at 50% retained so if we did move him, we’re getting some legit pieces back.

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
Jones, Chytil, and Kravtsov plus two 1sts does absolutely nothing for the Hawks. All of them are extremely expendable for the Rangers aside from the 2 1sts. It’s going to take someone with actual upside to get Kane at 50% retained for a year and a half. At the very least, Othmann and 2 1sts. Probably more than that. Kane hasn’t requested a trade (that we know of) and is under contract for the next year and a half. Hawks don’t have to trade him especially at 50% retained so if we did move him, we’re getting some legit pieces back.

I agree, I think Kane has alot left in the tank. For a team contending for a Cup should be in on him.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
And how many times have we seen teams retain 50% for that length of time? Not trying to be a dick, it's just unrealistic to me.

Especially on a guy who’s still top 10 player in the league. Anyway, people really expect owners to lay ~10M to guy to play against them because why not.. why?

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Just out of curiosity, what are hawks fans thoughts on something centered around spencer Knight and tippett? Adding a force like Kane next to Barkov would be incredible

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Just out of curiosity, what are hawks fans thoughts on something centered around spencer Knight and tippett? Adding a force like Kane next to Barkov would be incredible

That’s tempting but I don’t see Florida trading their goalie of the future. I’d probably still want a 1st in there but that’s not a bad offer.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not a fan of this from Chicago’s perspective. If we’re retaining 50% for a year and a half, I’d want a better prospect like Kakko with those two 1sts. Not really a fan of any of those guys you mentioned above except Kravtsov, and I don’t see his value being THAT high.

You won't get any major roster player from a contender, because it makes the trade senseless. I think the trade is actually quite solid for Chicago, and there is a good chance Kane accepts it too, because of his buddy Panarin.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
I'd actually love him on Detroit, still not contenders this year with him but playoff appearance becomes more realistic. Wouldn't need any retainment but price still likely too steep for Wings
That's hilarious.
..trade for a player just to make a playoff appearance Lol

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think those prospects do anything for Chicago. But I also don't think it would take 2 top prospects plus 2 first round picks.

If we're giving out a D prospect, I don't think Jones is the guy they want. Kravtsov while having a good opportunity to be in the line-up is still a risk not worth taking when moving out Kane. They probably want a prospect like Schneider, Ottman, Cuylle or Robertson involved with a 1st, and lesser piece depending on which one, especially if retaining. (Each one has a different value would change the package)

I love Kane but I don't know if we can really make it work.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
If Kane wants out then Toews does too. No way does Toews want to stay on the team if he loses his franchise bud Kane.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Knight is a really good goalie prospect, but the Hawks really need scoring right now and I can't see a Kane deal happening without Lundell. Just me though. I'm not asking for Knight and Lundell, just Lundell instead of Knight.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If Kane wants out then Toews does too. No way does Toews want to stay on the team if he loses his franchise bud Kane.

I actually agree with your assessment. In fact Ever since chicago won its last cup and both toews and kane got their payday Toews has only had 1 solid season and his decline in play this year most likely do to his underlying issues with health , I just don't see any team willing to pay 5 million to a guy who is in obvious serious decline.

I think toews might go on ltir for the year left if Kane leaves just my own opinion

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
Kane and Toews have NMCs so they basically get to choose their team, severely limiting the return. If I'm Chicago I probably don't trade them and keep them for marketing reasons unless they make it very clear they want out.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Othman + 2 1sts + Jones/Roberston is reasonable. Kakko + 2 1sts isn't.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
And who will want to trade for Toews at 10.5 mil? Or are they retaining on him too.

If toews or Kane move is for sure getting 50% retention . Edmonton is my speculation where toews best chance . Kane Colorado , Florida, Toronto, maybe New York.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I actually agree with your assessment. In fact Ever since chicago won its last cup and both toews and kane got their payday Toews has only had 1 solid season and his decline in play this year most likely do to his underlying issues with health , I just don't see any team willing to pay 5 million to a guy who is in obvious serious decline.

I think toews might go on ltir for the year left if Kane leaves just my own opinion

I bet Toews retires if Kane is traded. Toews has stated that he doesn't want to be on a rebuilding team and trading Kane would definitely set the Hawks back and put them out of contending for another cup.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
And who will want to trade for Toews at 10.5 mil? Or are they retaining on him too.

Probably Edmonton or Florida. But I think Toews retires before being traded. The guy has accomplished everything under the sun and doesn't need to achieve anything more.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
And how many times have we seen teams retain 50% for that length of time? Not trying to be a dick, it's just unrealistic to me.

Pretty sure Kane only has 1.75 years left on his deal, and the Hawks should be willing to retain 50% to maximize the return. With what Toews is making and producing, they're not going anywhere in the short term regardless.

Edit: This must be the anti-HF thread, and their are a number of decent offers in this thread (FLA, NYI, etc.)

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Othman + 2 1sts + Jones/Roberston is reasonable. Kakko + 2 1sts isn't.

That’s fair. I would strongly consider Othmann, Robertson, and 2 1sts for Kane at 50%. I like both Othmann and Robertson a lot.

Also, to be fair, I wasn’t sure how to gauge Kakko’s value. I wasn’t sure if Rangers’ fans had soured on him. Me saying a prospect like him was more just me spitballing. My evaluation on his value was clearly off.

Reactions: rangersfansince08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad