Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graves94

Nov 26, 2010
Montreal
Florida played a perfect road game, limiting the chances against and capitalizing on some of the Rangers mistakes.
Some thoughts about last nights game:
1. I think it's easier to start a series on the road, less pressure and more focus on hockey
2. Need to score first on this Panthers team, avoid being smothered and trapped
3. Rangers D committed way to many unforced errors, they coughed up the puck a fraction of a second too early, caused by the Panthers pressure and fear to get hit hard.
4. Chytil needs to play, must play in these playoffs, for the Rangers to win the cup in my opinion, because the third line (without Chytil) is a possession monster, but they simply can't score, especially not enough for a third line. However, Chytil should NOT be playing in this series after coming off a head injury, being out of action for over 6 months...too physical a team to play aginst coming off a major head injury like that.
5. Rempe must play in this series, especially the home games, for many reasons, including hitting/softening their Dmen, acting as a deterrent against Chucky/Bennett, and providing some energy in the building (MSG sounded dead for most of the night). Rempe's presence is important as it stimulates not only the crowd but his team, seeing him hit people is contagious and makes most of the other players play with more of an edge. Can't deny the fact that we were 6-0 in these playoffs before he was replaced for game 3 of the Carolina series (2-3 since then).
6. We must shoot high on Bob and if/when we get breakaways we must deke on him, Valiquette had some stats and analysis from the previous series which proved this.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Coach killer Brady must not hate losing that much considering it's all his team does. Last night was a subpar effort by Igor and he allowed 1 goal off Florida stick. Rangers have too many fans who jump ship at the first sign of adversity so enjoy the links.
Just because a fan presents options....it does not mean they are jumping ship. That is a bit of a reach on your part . I don't know of any coach BT was responsible for getting fired . Sens should have fire that clown before last season started . I think it is also unfair to paint BT as being a cancer . I tend to think he could be a superstar in NY in/on a much better coached and led team . I definitely do not see him failing or making us a poorer club . Put him in our top 6 and wind him up and watch him go . Maybe some of you guys are just dead set against a robust physical club that can fight -skate-score ?

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I try to stay off Rangers twitter but the Chytil or Rempe discourse is making me rip my hair out. A lot of people out there believing in fairy tales with Chytil. It's ok to say he's not up to speed, how could he be? Everyone yapping about Florida's physicality like Rempe wont help. The Blueshirts breakaway clowns and their squad of wannabees have lost the plot.
Well, I think that is behind us. Chytil got smashed into the boards at the buzzer,... for no other reason but to hurt him. Lavi, I'm sure has received the message. Chytil, might not even be an option any longer, as each and every hit is cumulative to a concussed brain.

I don't even have a twitter account.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Boston also beat Florida game 1. Dallas lost to Colorado game 1.

I really do not think Home Ice means much this series. We just need to be better and attack/move/play as a team.

btw is there no practice today?

You really just need to look at the last 10 years.

2014 CF Winners - LA and NYR, LA lost game 1
2015 CF Winners - Chicago and Tampa, both lost game 1
2016 CF Winners- San Jose and Pittsburgh, both lost game 1
2017 CF Winners - Pittsburgh and Nashville, Pitt lost game 1
2018 CF Winners - Washington and Vegas, Vegas lost game 1
2019 CF Winners - Boston and St Louis, Blues lost game 1
2020 CF Winners - Dallas and Tampa, both won game 1
2021 CF Winners - MTL and Tampa, both lost game 1
2022 CF winners - Colorado and Tampa, Tampa lost game 1
2023 CF Winners - Florida and Vegas, both won game 1

10 of the 20 finalist over the last 10 years lost G1 of the CF. 6 of those 10 went on to win the whole thing.

Losing G1 doesn't mean much. They'll be up against it if they lose tomorrow though.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just because a fan presents options....it does not mean they are jumping ship. That is a bit of a reach on your part . I don't know of any coach BT was responsible for getting fired . Sens should have fire that clown before last season started . I think it is also unfair to paint BT as being a cancer . I tend to think he could be a superstar in NY in/on a much better coached and led team . I definitely do not see him failing or making us a poorer club . Put him in our top 6 and wind him up and watch him go . Maybe some of you guys are just dead set against a robust physical club that can fight -skate-score ?

You are the one who said they have n chance in this series not me. You're entiled to your opinion, as I am entitled to disagree. Coveting Brady Tkachuk down 1-0 in the Eastern Conference Final ain't it.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Yes because a team 50 years ago, even 10 or 20 years ago, has any bearing on this particular team and coach. This team has plenty of players who can play a physical game and are mentally tough which has been proven all year long.
I have to stop this with you because you just basically answered what I was thinking . You simply do not understand....and that is OK .....you will get it eventually that a regular season does not = a playoff series or 16 wins . When you get to the playoffs....it is a whole new game and you need a roster willing to go to the trenches and win battles with second efforts . Keep cheering....

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Wheeler and REmpe in...
JOnes and Redwedel in...

Fox out. Gus out.

Wennberg out. Vessey out

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Well, I think that is behind us. Chytil got smashed into the boards at the buzzer,... for no other reason but to hurt him. Lavi, I'm sure has received the message. Chytil, might not even be an option any longer, as each an every hit is cumulative to a concussed brain.

I don't even have a twitter account.

Smart man.

Lavi has shown his hand with Chytil as well, he barely played. Staff doesnt trust him and he's not a physical player. He's overmatched in this series and he shouldnt remain in the lineup because fans want the storybook ending. There will be plenty of time in a Cup final with 2 more wide open teams for him to play, but right now they need to play the lineup that can get us passed this team.

HANK30

Brady 4-3 in SBs without Patriot cheating
As it it's harder to score in playoffs than regular season?!?!? #mindblown

So everyone in the history of the NHL has done worse in the playoffs than regular season because "it's harder to score in the playoffs than regular season?" Haha, genius. It's called stepping your game up in the postseason and plenty have done it. Tkachuk is a good example.

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
Well.....it is a discussion forum.....or is it just a rose colored glasses one ? I never saw the monthly guidelines that needed following before posting . I was under the assumption they would be the same year round . If ya don't like it....skim over it . Watching these guys for 50 years + makes one keep an open mind on things .

If you don't like me calling out all the doom posters after being down one game for the first time this run -- skim over it.

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
I have to stop this with you because you just basically answered what I was thinking . You simply do not understand....and that is OK .....you will get it eventually that a regular season does not = a playoff series or 16 wins . When you get to the playoffs....it is a whole new game and you need a roster willing to go to the trenches and win battles with second efforts . Keep cheering....
They just knocked off the team everyone had favored to win the Cup in 6 games less than a week ago.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You are the one that does not understand as they are in the ECF again as 1 of 4 teams still alive. But OMG they are down 1-0.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I don't know... Brady Tkachuck is big, fast, mean and stands up for his teammates. Nearly a PPG player and threw about 300 hits this year... I'd take that in our top six... I mean what team in the NHL WOULDN'T?
The Rangers considering he’s not actually that good

• Haha
Reactions: leetch99

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Phone battery at 94%. It's a sign.
1000013123.jpg

Reactions: Filip Chytil

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Wheeler and REmpe in...
JOnes and Redwedel in...

Fox out. Gus out.

Wennberg out. Vessey out
Has Vesey run out of gas? I mean at points of the season he came up with some big goals and big plays. That bottom 6 has been so disappointing so far after starting the playoffs with a bang.
I would have no problem putting Wheeler or Rempe in for him.

Reactions: NikC

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Jesus Christ. Sometimes goalies don't give up goals. 0 shutouts in 38 career playoff games is pathetic. And in that last game he faced nothing. Any halfway decent goalie pitches a shutout through 60.
This year all of 4 goalies have a shutout.

Silovs, Hill, Skinner and Bobrovsky.

You'd sooner have any of them on the team than Shesterkin, huh?

Reactions: Wtp99

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I really think just switching up the D-pairs again and playing pissed off tomorrow is what's needed, it's a tough call though. At a certain point you gotta put your depth options to use.
I know its only the eye test or whatever but feel Miller/Schneider play up a notch when paired. Bottom line is I want Schneider on the ice more than Trouba.
If Trouba has to be playing lesser minutes with Gus so be it.

Also I know its not gonna happen but I wonder if Jones' skating would be a help right now on the d end? Only one Lavi would swap out would be Gus and don't see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad