Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
It'd be one thing if I thought the Rangers got thoroughly outplayed. But they didn't.

Rangers could've tied that game up. I didn't expect this series to be easy in the slightest. Was expecting 6 or 7 game series.

Our guys can compete with Florida. They'll bounce back. #TameTheCats
#NeuterTheCats

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
He played 10 minutes in these games combined.

He played more minutes the first 2 games against the Capitals than did Cuylle today.

Him not getting minutes is not a knock on him: it should be a knock on Lavi.

Then, f*** it! Dress 7 D if you're going to always shorten the bench. From what we're seeing out of Fox, we could definitely use Jones.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This feels like a weird game to call for the Rangers demise in.

They were terrible tonight - it was just as much them being shit as it was Florida being good - and they were a crossbar away from going to overtime.

If they played even slightly better this could have been a win. The Florida juggernaut nonsense is getting out of hand.
The knob swallowing of Florida is ridiculous. They scored 1 real fing goal tonight. That game was inches from being tied.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Just got back from the game. I apologize for my attendance but fortunately that’s probably the only playoff game I go to.

We were manhandled the entire game. Florida absolutely destroyed us physically. Our D’s were too scared to get to the puck on their dumps, which is part of the reason why their forecheck was so suffocating.

We 100% need Rempe in the lineup in game 2. I would also play Wheeler and bench Roslovic. I’ve seen enough of him. Roslovic sucks.
I'm not doom and gloom about this series bc this Rangers team has shown up after let downs all year so they earn the benefit of the doubt, but you've said it exactly the way I see it, down to the Roslovic. Wheeler probably isn't in game-shape enough to go in, but I'm with you 100% on this

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This game should have been 0-0 going into OT but Shesterkin is literally unable to play a playoff game without at least one f*** up. And sure Lafreniere f***ed up on the second goal but Shesterkin served that puck up on a silver platter. Shesterkin is not a big game goalie. His best attribute is not getting rocked. But he can't shut anyone down. Also, the offense sucked. This series will be over very very soon.

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
Im sorry if you think Rempe is the answer you're wrong.

Even if he gets in there and he throws a good hit, it's getting whistled and its the one PP that Fla probably scores on.

IF every game plays out the way that this one did, the Rangers probably win this series. Igor won't be this shit every night and Bob won't get as lucky as he did.

No. Stop playing HFDoc.
His lateral movements are nonexistent. Knee physiology is clearly compromised

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Just got back from the game. I apologize for my attendance but fortunately that’s probably the only playoff game I go to.

We were manhandled the entire game. Florida absolutely destroyed us physically. Our D’s were too scared to get to the puck on their dumps, which is part of the reason why their forecheck was so suffocating.

We 100% need Rempe in the lineup in game 2. I would also play Wheeler and bench Roslovic. I’ve seen enough of him. Roslovic sucks.
I disagree with basically everything you stated. We were not manhandled. We probably had more high danger chances than Florida did but just hit the post and couldn't put 1 past Bob on some breakaways. They had 3 PP's to 1 and that game was a 1 goal game with 3 minutes to go. Florida scored 1 real goal. ONE.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
never felt less confident in this team after that showing. Not saying series is over but I went from feeling like we could really in this to yea we’re gonna lose in 6. Very disappointed in this team tonight.

I'll take losing in 6 and run at this point. 4 or 5 max. This team should be absolutely embarrassed. They don't belong in the conference finals. Boston had a better showing.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I don't know, man.

If he was on the ice, I'd be more willing to buy what people are selling.

It's bordering on voodoo.

"The defensemen have to play on their toes."

It's been 36 minutes since they saw him.
We need to disrupt their rhythm. Their backend had a relatively easy night. Rempe needs to get in there and disrupt.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I disagree with basically everything you stated. We were not manhandled. We probably had more high danger chances than Florida did but just hit the post and couldn't put 1 past Bob on some breakaways. They had 3 PP's to 1 and that game was a 1 goal game with 3 minutes to go. Florida scored 1 real goal. ONE.

The one real goal happened because our goalie sucks. And our offense didn't do jack shit. But we very clearly have the worse goalie in this series. I've just about had it with Igor.

But in the end the Panthers didn't even break a f***ing sweat defensively all game.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Yeah, it felt that way for me too. Not a big number of total chances but all the chances they had seemed to be quality high danger. But, I don't know if they know how to play any other way. They're a team that feeds off the rush, let's face it.

If the team can only play off the rush (and PP) then teams are going to do what Florida just did - take the rush (and PP) away. The top 6 got nowhere today and Florida never needed to get out of second gear. They have much more to give too. The game looked boring because Florida never raised the tempo and overcommitted on the forecheck - precisely in order NOT to feed into the Rangers rush game. The Rangers response? Diddling with the puck at the back and not knowing what to do.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I dont think the rangers were manhandled but I also don’t think they played particularly well. Sure they had some chances but they all came off broken plays. There wasn’t anything where they moved the puck with tempo and poise and then set up a chance. But that’s sort of the the problem with this team when an opponent like Florida plays a really patient game. And forget about the forecheck, the Rangers D handled it about as poorly as you could hope for. It’s gonna take a lot more.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
This game should have been 0-0 going into OT but Shesterkin is literally unable to play a playoff game without at least one f*** up. And sure Lafreniere f***ed up on the second goal but Shesterkin served that puck up on a silver platter. Shesterkin is not a big game goalie. His best attribute is not getting rocked. But he can't shut anyone down. Also, the offense sucked. This series will be over very very soon.
So it should have been 0-0 going into OT but this series will be over very soon. Got it. Shesterkin didn't have the greatest game but he is human and to say he isn't a big game goalie is just wrong. He's been fantastic in so many big games. He was not tonight.

Reactions: tiggles

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

RIP your wallet.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I dont think the rangers were manhandled but I also don’t think they played particularly well. Sure they had some chances but they all came off broken plays. There wasn’t anything where they moved the puck with tempo and poise and then set up a chance. But that’s sort of the the problem with this team when an opponent like Florida plays a really patient game. And forget about the forecheck, the Rangers D handled it about as poorly as you could hope for. It’s gonna take a lot more.
The concern with the Rangers has always been how heavily they lean on the rush, and how easy a rush is to shut down if you're just passive and stay in front of the opponent, unlike Carolina.

I thought we handled their forecheck better as the game went along. Granted, they were settling into their lead more as the game went along.

It's going to take a lot more but I don't know if I see Florida playing to that level every single game. They're gonna have some breakdowns. Their defense corps isn't that good.

Reactions: BlaqICE and Siddi

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
They need to get crisper and honestly, more aggressive on the breakout. The doubling back is what Florida is pressing you to do, they need to try and really come back with speed and make sure their passes are in the right hand for the intended target so they can quick exit with speed.

They did it a few times tonight and each time it led to a rush the other way. They need to get crisper overall so they can execute that more often. Florida’s forecheck is elite but they’re so aggressive that there is opportunity to expose them. We were too sloppy with passes and sluggish on the exits and resorting to flips with no speed which plays right into Floridian’s hands. It’s tough but not impossible to penetrate.

Of course, the most important thing is Igor needs to be better. Hopefully they can get an early lead next game to give everyone some confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad