Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
will be interesting to see what Laviolette does. Like Larry Brooks says, it gets late in the playoffs quick (no pun intended). if the Rangers lose the next game and especially if Igor has a soft game, would be interesting to see if Quick starts game 3 as a way to add a new dynamic to the team. not much time left at that point to make changes.

also intrigued to see who Laviolette plays for the 12th forward next game. If Chytil plays again, would also be curious to see if he puts Chytil on the first line as a mainstay for now.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
There are times he tries to create a chance for his forwards. He's made some awesome passes to put people on the rush or on breakaways before. Win some, lose some. And also, it wasn't like the defensemen's zone exits were great all night.

Cats are a heavy team that bodies opponents and plays stifling hockey. They pinned us trying to exit the zone, and they pinned us to the outside in the offensive zone. Not a lot of switching and cycling allowed. Not a lot of point shots got through.

Igor fumbled pucks from the first minute, which is not like him at all. It was immediately noticeable that he wasn't right. Normally he is very strong on the puck.

Reactions: FUZfan and Kords

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Also Bob outplayed Igor(with the help of some posts) and that puck clear attempt late in the 3rd that led to the 2nd goal was just awful. The first goal allowed wasn't to hot either.

Both goals against were on him.

Gus was getting to that puck on the 2nd GA with out any issue. I don't know why he came out to play it and honestly he needs to stop playing the puck as much as he does. For every jaw dropping pass he makes up ice (and he does make them) he makes 7-8 touches that are just not good.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Im sorry if you think Rempe is the answer you're wrong.

Even if he gets in there and he throws a good hit, it's getting whistled and its the one PP that Fla probably scores on.

IF every game plays out the way that this one did, the Rangers probably win this series. Igor won't be this shit every night and Bob won't get as lucky as he did.

No. Stop playing HFDoc.
One thing, though. Florida went into this with every intention to keep it clean, especially with the noise around their shit in the Boston affair. Rempe could potentially take them out of their discipline. This is one of the most penalized teams and they were hell bent on staying out of the shenanigans and went off-script tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
One thing, though. Florida went into this with every intention to keep it clean, especially with the noise around their shit in the Boston affair. Rempe could potentially take them out of their discipline. This is one of the most penalized teams and they were hell bent on staying out of the shenanigans and went off-script tonight.
They're gonna go over to the bench to start shit with Rempe?

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Mo jocking Bob for a save he didn’t even make. Wake up Mo. it’s the ECF.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
This feels like a weird game to call for the Rangers demise in.

They were terrible tonight - it was just as much them being shit as it was Florida being good - and they were a crossbar away from going to overtime.

If they played even slightly better this could have been a win. The Florida juggernaut nonsense is getting out of hand.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
This feels like a weird game to call for the Rangers demise in.

They were terrible tonight - it was just as much them being shit as it was Florida being good - and they were a crossbar away from going to overtime.

If they played even slightly better this could have been a win. The Florida juggernaut nonsense is getting out of hand.

Yeah, it felt that way for me too. Not a big number of total chances but all the chances they had seemed to be quality high danger. But, I don't know if they know how to play any other way. They're a team that feeds off the rush, let's face it.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Probably the rational take but I’m not a believer in the they’ll be back next year ideology because it’s not easy to get back. I'll most likely take it hard if we end up losing, I just can’t understand people jumping on the crowd and Lavi being asked about it.
It's never easy, but it's not that hard. The East isn't that good.

We need mostly a new bottom six, we need another good defenseman, and we need to get rid of some defensemen who are ass. It's not like we're missing a 1C, a 1D, and bunch of scoring wingers.

That's a discussion for the summer, but if we lose, you chalk up to Fox being hurt and problems that are very fixable.

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Just got back from the game. I apologize for my attendance but fortunately that’s probably the only playoff game I go to.

We were manhandled the entire game. Florida absolutely destroyed us physically. Our D’s were too scared to get to the puck on their dumps, which is part of the reason why their forecheck was so suffocating.

We 100% need Rempe in the lineup in game 2. I would also play Wheeler and bench Roslovic. I’ve seen enough of him. Roslovic sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad