Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
What a F'n clown show. Stuck on 14 shots through about 55 minutes. Gave Bob his 1st shut out of the playoffs and put one in our own goal. Wennberg for a 2nd and change. F Off. Take him and his perfect hair and launch him to the moon. He hasn't done jack shit in 11 games now.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
What an infuriating game.

We actually had more scoring chances in that shitshow. Igor lets in a dying moth and then spends the rest of the game playing the puck like he's being asked to pick up a centipede with his teeth.

f*** it. Put in Rempe because I want Alex Wennberg strapped to a canoe and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Be better Friday.

Put Tanner Glass in over Wennberg. I don't care.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
my biggest issue isn’t the first period but how we never improved as the game went on. usually we at least show some spunk, but we got nothing.

fox is very badly hurt and a huge concern. he had 5 days rest and doesn’t look any better. he’s nearing being a liability right now

I don’t know how you build off this game. all they had to do is score on one of their posts/open nets and they couldn’t.

overall uninspired is the adjective for this game.

incredibly frustrating.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Need to turn the page. We can play with them.

Igor needs to be better. He basically gift wrapped that game for them. First goal was a muffin, needs to be stopped. Allowed them to be in control all night with the lead. The second goal is 100% on Igor. He makes a bad read and comes out and plays the puck which in itself is the wrong move, then he shoots it directly into the boards which is literally a pass to Verhaege. Laf was collateral damage trying to cover for Igor’s mistake. That entire play never should’ve happened, Gustafson had 5 steps on Verhaege he as getting to that puck easily.

Honestly all the feeling of long periods of being stifled overall we had the better chances imo.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's a long series.

We started generating a lot more in the third period. We had the better of the chances in that game, overall.

Sucks that it didn't go our way but I didn't see anything to indicate this is unwinnable.
Yeah Florida didn't really do a lot offensively.

What I"m seeing that is driving me nuts is the Rangers "breakouts". They started doing t his more against Carolina but the constant trying to chip it out or loft the puck out is crap. They need a better gameplan.

Shesterkin blew it on that own goal. He didn't need to come out to play the puck originally, then he played it extremely poorly, then he tried to poke check the puck his own man was back on. Just completely blew that play, that's all on him.

Panarin needs to be aggressive and attack the net. He got lost in the "pull up and wait for teammates" thing again.

Puck support was pretty poor, guys too widely spaced, making every pass hard.

Fox is really laboring, not really sure if the Rangers can go all the way with him playing like this even if this series remains competitive.

Gotta make higher percentage plays and get to the net more

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'll be shocked if chytil plays Friday. He was not right after that hit at the end of the game. Guy needs to protect his life with these head injuries.

Based on the general lack of energy in the building tonight rempe should be in simply bc his presence ignites the crowd and that should help give energy to the team. Rough one tonight, but out of everything I am most concerned for chytil and his personal life.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Schneider breakaway
Cuylle breakaway
Zibs one timer before second ended
Wennberg Laf mess before the too
Many men on Florida.
Chances on the too many men

Igor not good at all, a whiff on the first goal and then made the second goal an absolute mess.

Like always, it’s on the top six to score because the bottom six sure as shit can’t.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
The panthers physicality seemed to overwhelm the rangers. The officiating was horrid, but that’s been the whole playoffs. The hitting from behind , late hits, the Rangers did not match that. Bad time for a clunker. Losing the first game is not good but it is not the end of the world

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What an infuriating game.

We actually had more scoring chances in that shitshow. Igor lets in a dying moth and then spends the rest of the game playing the puck like he's being asked to pick up a centipede with his teeth.

f*** it. Put in Rempe because I want Alex Wennberg strapped to a canoe and sunk to the bottom of the ocean.

Be better Friday.
The best look of the game for either team was that rush where Bobrosvky lost his crease and the puck skittered out to a Ranger with a yawning net.

It was Alex Wennberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad