Boston Bruins 2024-2025 Roster & Salary Cap Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Yea, I’d add to an Ullmark to OTT package if you could only initially get their 25th and not their 7th, but picks 10-12 maybe not so much. That said, we could be left unhappy if one of Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, Lindstrm didn’t make it to us and we wound up with another Jordan Caron.

2 might not be the best use of cap space, especially at their ages unless you move some guys out. If you sign 2, you’ve got them, plus Coyle and Zacha and geekie and Frederic and Poitras and Beecher…that’s a lot of centers without pure scoring potential ya know?.
If Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, and lindstrom don’t make it to 11 then the remaining guys will still be great. Demidov, Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh, Sennecke, and Yakemchuk are basically the same tier as the other 4, so now we’ve got 11 guys to fit into the 10 spots after Celebrini. At least one will make it to 11 and there are still guys like Hage and Connelly left over.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Right. Like Pat Maroon.

He had a couple moments in the playoffs - and clutch ones at that. And like I said for $1M or whatever, sure I guess. But that's not going to happen unless he's bought out.

With four conference finals and two cup wins, surprising he wouldn't be claimed right? Only $3.6M for 3 years...
Everyone knows he gets too much money for a role player, so no we know he wouldn't get claimed. Also, he's better than Maroon (who wasn't even healthy) and could be a decent fourth liner on a team with cup aspirations...He was on three different conference finals teams, would be nice to have IMO.

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Goodrow is making 3.6 for another 3 years…I’m good. Even if retained that means we have to give something up and are stuck with him for a bit

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I thought Goodrow was actually pretty decent for them in the playoffs. I’d take my chances on a cheap 4th line deal but ultimately, he shouldn’t play any higher than that.

Had 6 goals this playoffs.

I was unaware that forwards below line 2 were allowed to score goals in the playoffs.

😂

How do people expect to improve if every player suggested is deemed bad lol?

Lol

Everyone else in the NHL sucks and only Heinen can improve after signing here.

And of course he’s going to continue to improve.

45 goals in 27/28!

It’s science!

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
If Iginla, Catton, Eiserman, and lindstrom don’t make it to 11 then the remaining guys will still be great. Demidov, Dickinson, Buium, Silayev, Parekh, Sennecke, and Yakemchuk are basically the same tier as the other 4, so now we’ve got 11 guys to fit into the 10 spots after Celebrini. At least one will make it to 11 and there are still guys like Hage and Connelly left over.
Yea, there’s a few guys in there you mentioned that are highly unlikely to be left on the board past pick 5, so the remainder of what you mentioned could easily be a D in that scenario. I really don’t see our front office putting in extra effort to swing for a D man given our needs, but could be very wrong. If one wound up in our lap it makes it easier to capitalize on Carlos trade worth in a year (would prefer lindholm but that ntc sucks). Of the names I mentioned, there are concerns with health or size or whatever that could push them down towards a 7-10 spot. All in all, we should be happy if we get into the top 10, but after that, it’s worth considering trading the pick imho

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Had 6 goals this playoffs.

I was unaware that forwards below line 2 were allowed to score goals in the playoffs.

😂

Lol

Everyone else in the NHL sucks and only Heinen can improve after signing here.

And of course he’s going to continue to improve.

45 goals in 27/28!

It’s science!
I know, but what about his x48gf x9.2 on $2 hotdog night?

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
No one is going to claim him.

When he’s bought out, he’s going to get more than $1M.

Those who are pushing for him, what are you signing him for (hopefully keeping in mind he gets to decide whether he takes your offer)?

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
No one is going to claim him.

When he’s bought out, he’s going to get more than $1M.

Those who are pushing for him, what are you signing him for (hopefully keeping in mind he gets to decide whether he takes your offer)?
1 mil take it or leave it. Hopefully he watches Dafoomie's 2011 Bruins Youtube videos

It will be funny when Florida replaces Lomberg with him and they continue to run roughshod over the B's in Boston during the play-offs.

I think we would have to offer more than that to get the #6 pick.
Add Lysell and that should get the ball rolling.
Who would you take at number 6?
I'm keeping Frederic. Extending him even.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
1 mil take it or leave it. Hopefully he watches Dafoomie's 2011 Bruins Youtube videos

It will be funny when Florida replaces Lomberg with him and they continue to run roughshod over the B's in Boston during the play-offs.

I'm keeping Frederic. Extending him even.
Well, I did say for $1M or whatever fine. But he’ll get more than that, so this is all moot, no?

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Elias Lindholm 7.5 x 7
Swayman 7.5 x 8
Ullmark & Lysell for Necas 6.5 x 5 (resign Debrusk if not)
Brenden Dillon 3 x 2
Brandon Duhaime 1.5 x 3
Jakub Vrana 800k x 1

Vrana Zacha Pastrnak
Marchand Lindholm Necas (Debrusk)
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Duhaime Beecher Brazeau
Lauko

Lohrei McAvoy
Lindholm Carlo
Dillon Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Bussi

Good mix of talent and toughness.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Would something like this make any sense for the basis of a deal.

to Buf: Ullmark

To Bos: Skinner 4 million retain to keep the caps the same
2nd round pick

Maybe I'm dreaming here but this saves the Sabres money if they do plan to buy him out. Gives them a tandem at least for this season. Gives the B's a Debrusk replacement in part. Gets us into the top three rounds

Just noticed Skinner has 3 years left not two which makes this a little less intriguing on both sides. But anyway thoughts? It's something to talk about at least lol. I'll add the retention I'd think would be less than I'd proposed.
Ullmark isnt waiving to go back to BUF. Zero chance.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Sounds like Wotherspoon for a third sound about right, Looks like they could use him
The "Utah doesn't have any D signed" thing is a bit misleading.

Durzi, Moser, Valmaki and Kesselring are all RFAs and all will be resigned.

They'll definitely be in the market for one of the bigger name UFA D and have Kolyachonok and Soderstrom who will both be waiver eligible. They do have a ton of draft capital in the next 2 drafts, so they could deal for a D, just not sure that Wotherspoon would be the most attractive of the available guys... besides, that leave's a hole on Boston's 3rd pair.

Absolutely 0.0% chance that the B's draft Connelly after the Mitchell fiasco.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I get it.

We all have guys we dislike and don’t want to root for.

Pacioretty is one of mine.

Just comes across as an entitled

It's hilarious. It's like the Bruins are the early 80's Islanders and nobody is good enough for this team.
I think we all generally like Monahan at 5.5 on 3-4 year deal and Zadorov for 3.5 at 3 years

Reading the tea leaves here those 2 would face minimal complaints if they signed here providing not overpriced

Reactions: Gordoff

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I agree. Just a gut feel.

DeBrusk - gone
Ullmark - traded
Heinen - signed
Swayman - signed

As far as proposed signings/aquisitions

Draisaitl - not one hope in hell
Guentzel - possible, but not likely
Lindholm - likely
'24 First Round Pick - likely
Patrick Kane -- for the love of all that is holy, please no

Again, this is just set of "if I had to bet" predictions.
Thoughts on Laine?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The "Utah doesn't have any D signed" thing is a bit misleading.

Durzi, Moser, Valmaki and Kesselring are all RFAs and all will be resigned.

They'll definitely be in the market for one of the bigger name UFA D and have Kolyachonok and Soderstrom who will both be waiver eligible. They do have a ton of draft capital in the next 2 drafts, so they could deal for a D, just not sure that Wotherspoon would be the most attractive of the available guys... besides, that leave's a hole on Boston's 3rd pair.

Absolutely 0.0% chance that the B's draft Connelly after the Mitchell fiasco.
I have Durzi and I’m expecting $5 M lol

Although Athletic had $5.8 M projection

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I got to watch Goodrow the few games he played in Worcester his first season, really liked him and have liked him since. Once again someone who bring leadership, playoff success and grit. You get him after the buyout for two years at 1.56 it's a great deal. His faceoff percentage last year during the regular season was 54%. Want a fast aggressive fourth line that should be defensively responsible Beecher-Goodrow-Duhaime. Tons of speed on the wings, all are pretty big and Goodrow is good defensively

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Ya, no thanks to either. Gotta aim higher. Chick is oft-injured, Laine is meh and iffy. Need solid players. Lindholm is the closest thing available at center. Also, a couple of Fenian type wings. A LW who knows where the net is and 2 D-men. Dillon and another similar to him...

How much was he paid last year to do that? Only asking because I don't know. Also don't know what he'd expect to sign? Not a fan of the idea myself but what do I know.

I'm in on Laine and Lindholm making 12 on the cap combined for the next two years and then see what Laine did. One of the few available players that screams 'I need a change of scenery and went through absolute hell last year and also went to rehab' while coming to a hockey market.

Boston is one of the few leadership teams that can bring the best out of him while he tries to 'prove it' to everyone.

I'm not making the same mistake I did last year with Boeser and neither should Sweeney if the opportunity arises to get Laine at $5,000,000 or less for the next two years.

I'd rather pay him than DeBrusk.

Let's stop looking for 'Bruins-type' players and instead make elite talent into 'Bruins-type players'. Our best scorer was definitely NOT a Bruins-type player.

If the top line was Laine - Lindholm - Pastrnak going into the start of the season and Marchand - Coyle - Kane/Zacha I feel that is a solid injection of top six talent at a cost that also leaves 5-6 million in cap space.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
The Barclay Goodrow phase of this thread ought to be fun.
Reminds me of when certain posters here were fawning over Josh Anderson after he scored an OT goal against TB in the finals.

"Thats the kind of player we were missing"

"We have nobody that would drive the net like that and score big goals"

"Players like Anderson are worth their weight in gold come playoff time"

Meanwhile he had 3 pts in like the previous 20 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad