OT: Coronavirus - Start Prepping

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
Approximately 2,000 people die every day from heart disease and cancer EACH every year in the United States alone. Every day.

Flu and the common cold are. And they kill more people than any corona virus every has.

Hahahahaha. It’s not hard to pick out the children on here. Please listen to your parents and teachers better. Please.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yet, governments are shutting down whole cites and regions, but of course this happens with cancer deaths and flu deaths on a regular basis as well.:rolleyes:

Covid19 looks bad. The supply chain looks bad. The stock market looks bad. Oil Markets look bad...

-- THE US ENTERPRISE JUST GOT HIT ON MULTIPLE FRONTS!

tumblr_pmd5unfQJW1qj6sk2o8_500.gifv

Reactions: PuckMagi

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Do you hear yourself?
The anti trumpers are crazy with their pie in the sky "what if trump said this" routine. It got old long ago

"[W]hen you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done." - Donald Trump A line on the coronavirus outbreak Trump may come to regret

At the time when he made that false statement, his country had 60 confirmed cases. When you have a leader who believes in his own fairy tales and ignores REALITY the inevitable happens, mother nature kicks you right in the bits, those "15 cases" are of course not almost down to zero, they have sky rocketed in less than a couple of weeks to 545 confirmed cases in the US.

If it's crazy to believe in pie in the sky truth, aka documented facts, well then call me an anti-Trumper. What I am is seriously concerned with the serial impotent response from the US federal government whenever there is a natural disaster or in this case a virus. The dude he is a conman, a grifter, I get the anti-truth crowd has a problem consuming that but hey, the DOCUMENTED truth is not for everyone.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
I just see the US and Canada doing very little early on, which (and I hope is not the case) will most like create a Wuhan type lock down situation here.

Yes, Canada has done very little early on except keep the amount of cases at 60.

All while the rest of the world has over 102,000 cases.

Shame on Canada.

Reactions: Bluelines

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Yes, Canada has done very little early on except keep the amount of cases at 60.

All while the rest of the world has over 102,000 cases.

Shame on Canada.

The real thing to watch in all of this is if the Petro Dollar / US Empire / Stock Markets survive because the implications of the collapse of those things will drastically impact people far far worse than Covid19 (based on what we know now). To swing this back to hockey for a second though, the CAP will not be going up. I can bet all my HFBoards bucks on that. Oh as a side, if an empire is dying, brace for war. Usually goes down like that but lets hope for the best! We are a little away from that kind of thing yet lol

Reactions: hn777

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Yet, governments are shutting down whole cites and regions, but of course this happens with cancer deaths and flu deaths on a regular basis as well.:rolleyes:

Well technically, the flu has a vaccine and viral medication so there are other ways to contain it.

However, like the flu, even if you personally are not at high risk of death if you get ill... you can be a carrier to those that are.

It’s serious stuff. Folks should treat it that way.

Last edited:

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Well technically, the flu has a vaccine and viral medication so there are other ways to contain it.

However, like the flu, even if you personally are not at high risk death if you get ill... you can be a carrier to those that are.

It’s serious stuff. Folks should treat it that way.

Plus the fact that the vaccine is 12 to 18 months away and this virus has already mutated into two strains already.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
"[W]hen you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done." - Donald Trump A line on the coronavirus outbreak Trump may come to regret

At the time when he made that false statement, his country had 60 confirmed cases. When you have a leader who believes in his own fairy tales and ignores REALITY the inevitable happens, mother nature kicks you right in the bits, those "15 cases" are of course not almost down to zero, they have sky rocketed in less than a couple of weeks to 545 confirmed cases in the US.

If it's crazy to believe in pie in the sky truth, aka documented facts, well then call me an anti-Trumper. What I am is seriously concerned with the serial impotent response from the US federal government whenever there is a natural disaster or in this case a virus. The dude he is a conman, a grifter, I get the anti-truth crowd has a problem consuming that but hey, the DOCUMENTED truth is not for everyone.

It’s made even worse by the fact that so many don’t have healthcare if they do get the virus.

And taking a step back, since you may have to pay for your own test in the States...

Would you have to pay for a coronavirus test? It depends. - CNNPolitics

... how many undocumented cases will there be?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
To be fair the Gov(s) of Canada Fed/Provincial have done very little and for that reason I am pretty confident there are many cases undetected. Not to ratchet up fear but just tell it like it is, the US by contrast has done perhaps even more than us or on par. Somehow there is no scrutiny of the Fed Gov here though or little at best.

Ummm... that’s not actually true.

We have tested quite frequently and openly. We have protocols in place as a function of SARS.

In Canada, doctors broadened coronavirus testing, and made an unlikely save

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Ummm... that’s not actually true.

We have tested quite frequently and openly. We have protocols in place as a function of SARS.

In Canada, doctors broadened coronavirus testing, and made an unlikely save

Very late to the game, they left the borders open with Iran while cases were popping up left right and center. It was bad. People I know working in hospitals have said not much is being done or talked about it. One doctor told me the Canadian Gov't handling of this is a joke. That's front line feedback. They are slow, far too slow and if we see a spike in the next two weeks you will know why.

Remember: 14 to 28 day without symptoms.

"We Found the Coronavirus Vulnerability: Learn How to Exploit It"

Whats worse... Seems it's a biological weapon or weapon candidate / made in lab. Dr in video explains based on reports out of India and Cornell University.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
Zero of them were under 60 year old. Influenza kills 20 000 per year in USA. I hope that we learn from this, but Corona isn't new Black Death.

Well.... the New England Medical Journal disagrees with you.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032?query=featured_home

covid19a.JPG
covid19b.JPG

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2002106
"Preventing and controlling future pandemic occurrences remains a global priority.4 With Covid-19, are we seeing a replay of 1918? Although we did not “witness” the beginning of the 1918 pandemic, evidence suggests that wherever it began, it silently spread around the world, causing mostly mild cases but also mortality of 0.5 to 1% or higher — a rate that was initially too low to be detected against a high background rate of death from unrelated respiratory illnesses. Then it suddenly exploded in urban centers almost everywhere at once, making a dramatic entrance after a long, stealthy approach. We are now recognizing early stages of Covid-19 emergence in the form of growing and geographically expanding case totals, and there are alarming similarities between the two respiratory disease emergences. Like pandemic influenza in 1918, Covid-19 is associated with respiratory spread, an undetermined percentage of infected people with presymptomatic or asymptomatic cases transmitting infection to others, and a high fatality rate.5"

but some good news

Vitamin D supplementation to prevent acute respiratory tract infections: systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data

" Vitamin D supplementation reduced the risk of acute respiratory tract infection among all participants"

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
China cases seem to not be climbing which is good

South Korea and Italy are the next biggest issues but they're taking measures against it, I don't think it'll climb to 80k like China did.

Canada doing well.

U.S. if they get their heads out of their asses can stop it before it begins there.

I think in 1 months time things will get better.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012

South Korea and Italy are the next biggest issues but they're taking measures against it, I don't think it'll climb to 80k like China did.

Canada doing well.

U.S. if they get their heads out of their asses can stop it before it begins there.

SK only has a CFR of 0.5% which is amazing.

Italy and Iran.. not so much.

if i had to choose, I would pick SK strain

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

Canada doing well.

I don't trust anything out of China. I do trust the information out of Italy and SK. I honestly don't even trust US data because they have been sitting on their hands. We will find out in 2-3weeks what we are dealing with here. People keep forgetting the 14 days without symptoms.

Add: China like the US both have too much to lose economically and are more likely to lie.

Last edited:

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
TSE Index has been down. Might not be a bad investment if it continues to tank. If it goes down to around 12k I might buy in.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Canada doing well.

I also think this is will be better in one months time.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Throat feels pretty dry/sore/raspy but no fever, no coughing, and I don't think I have difficulty breathing. Only a little sketched because I came back from a work trip 8 days ago and took 5 flights in like 4 days.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Way worse, the market is already triggered.

do not buy, we are NO where near the bottom of this falling knife.

Waiting for perfect opportunity never works. You might miss the bottom and then it's too late.

If you believe that markets will jump back again to record high's in a month this is time to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad