OT: Coronavirus - Start Prepping

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's progressing more rapidly in the U.S. than in Canada at the moment, and it will get worse before it gets better based on the typical progression of these types of scenarios.

I honestly think that NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS games will be played in empty arenas/stadiums within a matter of weeks. It's unfortunate, but it's the right thing to do to prevent the situation from spiraling out of control.

I don't even know if we are really doing much active testing here. We're probably screening less than even the US.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's progressing more rapidly in the U.S. than in Canada at the moment, and it will get worse before it gets better based on the typical progression of these types of scenarios.

I honestly think that NBA, NHL, MLB and MLS games will be played in empty arenas/stadiums within a matter of weeks. It's unfortunate, but it's the right thing to do to prevent the situation from spiraling out of control.

... and you can bet dollars to doughnuts that once Trump determines this is bad for his "ratings" he will get (if he isn't already) the CDC to fudge the numbers and report them at a much lower rate.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Seen this on another site thought I would share.
330aa7798c5c8888760ba96f86385cbe335323eb4d7fc4becf3a5e52930187fe.png

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
another couple cases added in Canada today. This is clearly spiraling out of control. What are we going to do

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
another couple cases added in Canada today. This is clearly spiraling out of control. What are we going to do

To be fair the Gov(s) of Canada Fed/Provincial have done very little and for that reason I am pretty confident there are many cases undetected. Not to ratchet up fear but just tell it like it is, the US by contrast has done perhaps even more than us or on par. Somehow there is no scrutiny of the Fed Gov here though or little at best.

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
fair enough.

still waiting on the cataclysm here.

maybe tomorrow? Tuesday at the latest maybe.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
I cancelled my travel plans. Was suppose to be on a Caribbean cruise starting next weekend from Miami. Who knows how many passengers or crew members might be infected. Just takes one positive test to quarantine the entire ship.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
... and you can bet dollars to doughnuts that once Trump determines this is bad for his "ratings" he will get (if he isn't already) the CDC to fudge the numbers and report them at a much lower rate.

Do you hear yourself?
The anti trumpers are crazy with their pie in the sky "what if trump said this" routine. It got old long ago

Reactions: lottster14

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
fair enough.

still waiting on the cataclysm here.

maybe tomorrow? Tuesday at the latest maybe.

Watch the video I recently posted. Richard Hatchett mentioned Singapore and their aggressive response leading to under 200 cases in 6 weeks. I think time is of the essence when dealing with this and it's exponential spread. I just see the US and Canada doing very little early on, which (and I hope is not the case) will most like create a Wuhan type lock down situation here. I would much rather a proactive research based approach, while the spread is not out of hand. Singapore has had some of the best numbers on record, why not emulate that protocol?

Add: Sometimes taking the difficult pill to swallow sooner than later makes all the difference. I believe this to be true with a contagion. ie. A Billion dollar loss now to save 50 billion because your merch and workers are infected and nobody want to buy from you for the fear. Not being proactive will grind this country to a halt if we follow other nations poor responses.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckMagi

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Watch the video I recently posted. Richard Hatchett mentioned Singapore and their aggressive response leading to under 200 cases in 6 weeks. I think time is of the essence when dealing with this and it's exponential spread. I just see the US and Canada doing very little early on, which (and I hope is not the case) will most like create a Wuhan type lock down situation here. I would much rather a proactive research based approach, while the spread is not out of hand. Singapore has had some of the best numbers on record, why not emulate that protocol?

Add: Sometimes taking the difficult pill to swallow sooner than later makes all the difference. I believe this to be true with a contagion. ie. A Billion dollar loss now to save 50 billion because your merch and workers are infected and nobody want to buy from you for the fear. Not being proactive will grind this country to a halt if we follow other nations poor responses.
You are over the top.

STOKE THE FEAR!

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
That is a heck of a lot more than drunk driving.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is but to be clear, no amount of drunk driving deaths is acceptable. I was just trying demonstrate the scale of the Covid-19 outbreak. 144 deaths in Italy sounds super scary until you realize way more people died on that same day from other stuff, some of which was preventable. If we're going to shut down our economies over this virus, why didn't we shut it down over a thousand other things? I guarantee the flu killed way more Italians in the last few months than the corona virus.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
To be fair the Gov(s) of Canada Fed/Provincial have done very little and for that reason I am pretty confident there are many cases undetected. Not to ratchet up fear but just tell it like it is, the US by contrast has done perhaps even more than us or on par. Somehow there is no scrutiny of the Fed Gov here though or little at best.
Yes but unlike many countries if there was a severe spike in hospital admissions for example health professionals would be allover the news. It would not go unreported.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I still don’t understand why people say things like this. Heart disease and cancer are not contagious, and are not being spread from person to person globally at an alarming rate. Why even bring this up?

Flu and the common cold are. And they kill more people than any corona virus every has.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Flu and the common cold are. And they kill more people than any corona virus every has.
If nothing is done about Covid-19 and we allow it to run its course it likely will kill far, far more people than the common cold and flu do every year.

I'm not saying it's time to panic and go out and buy all the toilet paper that you can, but there is a reason why countries are taking drastic measures like enforcing quarantines and closing their borders to infected regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad