Proposal: Corey Perry

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
The problem is, we seem to end up acquiring this type when they're starting to wear down and have already won the big prize.

We need to find the next Bennett, someone that is currently undervalued and hungry.

We just need to find the GM that traded Bennett and try to get him to part with another player like that... oh wait

I do agree with this general idea though, just not super easy to accomplish.

Nineteen67

Dec 12, 2017
Why would Perry want to sign here.

He wants to play on a real contender. That's not the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm sick of them bringing in all these washed up vets like Perry anyway.

It worked so well with Marleau, Thornton, Spezza, and Giordano.

At some point the plan shifted from youth movement to senior's gathering. A result of the Leafs well thought out cap structure. Left hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with declining vets whose stats are lowering.

Grasping for bygone glory.

Tying the dead corpse of the past mouth-to-mouth with the living present. Praying someone with a recognizable name will pay off if they throw money at him. Rewarded for achievements on teams not named the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Just sign on the dotted line and sail into retirement as you stink up the ice.
Apparently he wanted to sign with the Leafs a few yrs back but Dubas didn’t.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Apparently he wanted to sign with the Leafs a few yrs back but Dubas didn’t.

I think the reporting was they had already signed Simmonds so it’s not that they didn’t necessarily want Perry but moreso perhaps that the role was already filled and they couldn’t put more cap against it

Reactions: Menzinger

CapspaceKiller

Aug 10, 2020
No interest in Otis the town drunk.

Its very funny he's lost this many times in the Stanley Cup Finals.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
No, we don't need rats who are turtling fake tough guys with how bad the compete level and attitude is on this team already.

Also we are cursed enough already.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I wasn’t saying that. I was saying either we win the cup or we don’t. And making the finals and losing isn’t some grand accomplishment imo. The premise of the thread is we go to the finals and lose.
I am not quite as militant with the win or the season is a failure stance. I would love to see the Leafs make a finals once in my life. Of courae I would rather see them win it, but if they made the finals next year I would be pretty happy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think i do it.

Don't like the player and couldn't handle the stress of a finals appearance.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I am not quite as militant with the win or the season is a failure stance. I would love to see the Leafs make a finals once in my life. Of courae I would rather see them win it, but if they made the finals next year I would be pretty happy
I'm with you, going to the Finals would be a great accomplishment after repeated years of disappointment.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
With the way we waste cap we may end up with Perry on the 4th line because we ran out of money and have no picks for TD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad