Corey Perry and goaltender interference in Flames v Oilers game. WATCH THE VIDEO.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
It's the right call according to the rules. The problem is they make the wrong call 50% of the time. And since it's a coin toss, I understand Oilers fans for being frustrated that it didn't go their way. Put another player there instead of Perry and it's possibly a good goal.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think they've set the standard for interference and that's considered it. Only issue is that half the time they won't call it by their own standards.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
the interference happened well before the shot came and Vladar was able to reset.

The issue is consistency with the rule. Perry also probably doesn't the benefit of doubt.

I was upset at the time, but I don't really care now.

The interference happened as the shot came. Perry obstructed the goalies movements in the crease to make the save.

There does not need to be contact to be interference, goalies have be allowed to come out to cut down the angle of shots in their crease, especially shots from the blue line. If the shot came from in close, this goal likely would have counted.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I do feel like goalie interference and distinct kicking motion are 50/50 calls when they go to Toronto. It's not worth getting upset about these reviews.

Flames lost one of these reviews in the playoffs against the Oilers and the whole team blew up!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Physical interference or not... it doesn't matter. Perry was in the crease obstructing Vladar while he was trying to play the puck.
Watch the video. If you still disagree I just don't know what to say otherwise. The video explanation is iron clad.
I literally said I don’t care anymore about it

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I don't like the rule at all. Let the goalie fight for position. If a player wants to stand in the crease, the Dman or goalie should have the right to blast the guy. If a player decided to try to screen me in my crease, he ended up on his butt because I would step around him with my leg conveniently behind his legs. PK had nothing on me.
There's a reason that area is painted blue, it's very simple, had Perry been standing in the paint to the side and deflected it in it's no problem but if you impede the goalie from making a save within that area it's interference, period.

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I think they've set the standard for interference and that's considered it. Only issue is that half the time they won't call it by their own standards.
Rarely does the league make a call that’s a head scratcher, the only issue is how fans decide their personal interpretation of the rule should be.

I think this is the most agreement I've ever seen on hfboards!

Should we all hold hands?

• Haha
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I’m actually surprised he doesn’t get a penalty for hooking the goalie’s foot out from under him a couple of seconds before the goal. The commentators shook that off as if it was no biggie, because Vladar had time to reset again. But seriously, how is that play legal?

This is the clear cut answer. Perry even looks over to the Ref to see if he gets called after hooking him.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
We all know that when this call goes against your team the fans will be upset, and when it isn't your team it's usually the correct call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad