Post-Game Talk: Bruins lose to Cats ( again) 4 - 3 )

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
It is, though. That’s the frustrating part.

Frederic
Kastelic
Zadorov

I’m really starting to think it’s coaching at this stage.
Percent. Goes back a long way. They preach their robot hockey, stay in your lane, peel off hits to get back in defense.

They also NEVER target any of the other teams stars. It’s laughable how much abuse Pastrnak takes. What other superstar goes through that? You would have half the team on someone if it were McDavid or Bedard

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Pasta getting penalized after they pulled the goalie and Marchand basically getting tossed at the end is emblematic of that game. Two of the players you want on the ice in that situation and they're either sitting in the box or walking down the tunnel to the locker room.

Florida is the new Montreal.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Lame duck coach already tossing his team under the bus. It’s simple, Florida is superior, especially behind the bench

If the heat really gets turned up on Monty, by bet is he cracks, and quite quickly. Good fair weather coach, not convinced at all he has it in him to be a back against the wall, dig in and fight your way out kind of guy.

Of course, he has every right to be pissed and critical about some aspects of the team's current performance, but it's a fine line coaches tread. Blame-shift too much and too readily, and it's a slippery slope to losing the room.

I think this team will settle and turn out ok, and Monty will at least make it to the end of the season. But if things do go proper south, it could get messy.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Going to point out the good that I see.

It’s way too early to make prognostications about what might happen in the spring of 2025…

Peake…hustles, pushes back, makes smart if not spectacular plays.

Kastelic…..best forward so far.

Koepke, limited play but effective.

E. Lindholm….I’m excited to see him 20 or so games in, when he’s fully comfortable with his new team, system, etc.

Brazeau….he does what he needs to do and goes to the net. Makes some very clever plays.

We’re on to Colorado.

Last edited:

BowB4Bolts

Aug 6, 2021
Tampa
Plenty of messages to be sent playing hockey. Dump, chase, and charge into the defenseman. Simple. Then see if Bennett magically ends up paired with H. Lindholm again with a scrum.

The lack of pride and toughness on display tonight was disgraceful. Don't forget these paid professionals should be at least slightly bitter over Bennett ending the seasons with the Marchand suckerpunch. Playoff games are far more meaningful than regular season.

It could be Marchand just hasn't gotten over his summer vacation yet?

Just sayin..

FB_IMG_1721337758212.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Clode

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Meh I didn’t think it was that bad. Not good by any means but not bad. Panthers 3 goals on 3 breakdowns and one on a bs pp.

Certainly a lot to clean-up, and I think they will. But the forwards need to show-up, other than the 4th line. Geekie useless, Coyle, worse than useless. Again, having 2.5, maybe 3, top-6 forwards isn’t going to get it done.

But the league is a joke. Let’s teams get away with crap, doesn’t hold them accountable, but then penalizes you when try to. League will allow you to instigate, but won’t allow you to retaliate. The panthers have figured that out, Boston still harbouring the fantasy that they’re playing in a league with a shred of integrity. Newsflash, You’re not.

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
They need to play a hard nose fkn hockey, stop trying the perfect play, just pound opponent D with hard forecheck, make life hard for the best pLayers of other teams, go in front of The net...PLAY HARD!!

Reactions: BTO

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
If the heat really gets turned up on Monty, by bet is he cracks, and quite quickly. Good fair weather coach, not convinced at all he has it in him to be a back against the wall, dig in and fight your way out kind of guy.

Of course, he has every right to be pissed and critical about some aspects of the team's current performance, but it's a fine line coaches tread. Blame-shift too much and too readily, and it's a slippery slope to losing the room.

I think this team will settle and turn out ok, and Monty will at least make it to the end of the season. But if things do go proper south, it could get messy.
I think the team has a real chance to be very good. Florida is just better. I also wouldn’t extend Montgomery for free. He’s just too vanilla for me and he fell apart in the Florida series part 1. He also did nothing in the Toronto series but rely on all world goaltending.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
No excuses for this. Cats without Tkachuk or Barkov. Bruins at home should've been a sure 2 pts.
I said before the game these situations are lose lose. If you win, you only beat them because they didn’t have their best players and if you lose you suck because you couldn’t beat them without their best players.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Percent. Goes back a long way. They preach their robot hockey, stay in your lane, peel off hits to get back in defense.

They also NEVER target any of the other teams stars. It’s laughable how much abuse Pastrnak takes. What other superstar goes through that? You would have half the team on someone if it were McDavid or Bedard

I’ve played on rec league street hockey teams who stuck up for teammates more aggressivoly and consistently.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
He is right.

The first line is a nonfactor five on five and was out played yet again.

The second line has no juice with geeky. There’s just not enough talent on that line to beat other teams second lines.

I also thought that was Patra‘s worst game. He looked like he was being pushed off the pock easily and the turnover on the power play was especially bad.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Home from what should have been a statement game for the Bs.....and wasn't

When Sway skated out of his crease and got in a Panthers face and the team showed no response, in my gut, I knew this was going to be a L

Florida is a very well coached team- quick on the puck, constant pressure, looking to make plays. By comparison the Bs looked slow, tentative and playing not to make a mistake - the last point is the surest way to come up short in a game

I know some of it is match-ups, some of it is pure talent, but at least a part is coaching - playing not to take a penalty is evident but even worse - a pp that seemingly - and once again- has no concept of what it wants to do

Still very early days- but if Monty was on a short lease to start the season I think it just got shorter.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
It is, though. That’s the frustrating part.

Frederic
Kastelic
Zadorov

I’m really starting to think it’s coaching at this stage.
If it was Maurice or Gallant etc it would be a complete flip of what we are seeing. Problem is that they will be slow and give Monty the rest of the season. They should give him more time but whomever is in charge of the PP needs to be fired. How can nobody know who it is? I guess I wouldn't show my face either

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
But again, it’s the same old story: stop retaliating and start instigating. They need to learn it. All of them, Sweeney, Monty, team. Until you start dictating and start imposing your will on the other team you’re playing losing hockey. Doesn’t The Art of War say something like you win the battle before you even fight it? I know, I know, it’s the coach, it’s the GM, it’s the players. Matters little. Learn it or die.

Reactions: DoubleBack

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
All I care about is, the team growing and getting better throughout the season, making the playoffs, and then that's what matters. Monty's got some work to do to get them there, but believe the pieces are here for a better playoff team. Not going to judge them now, don't even believe this team was built to be a powerhouse in the regular season. They were 4-0 against the Panthers last year in the regular season, what the hell did that do for the playoffs.

Hopefully they get better sooner than later and they stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad