Copa America 2024 - Group C (USA, URU, PAN, BOL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Golden age my ass. More disappointment per usual. At least we can keep winning Nations League!
Yeah. And we can all bitch about GGG, but in terms of the players themselves I'm still taking Landon, Clint, Brian McBride, etc... over almost any of these guys. Pulisic could hang though. There is a lot of talent and potential, but still a very long way to go.

Reactions: Puckstop40

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Ok woah there slow down

Without a coach like Klopp running the program we have zero chance. With him I'd give it a 5-10% chance. There is a ton of talent
We really overrate our player pool  sometimes most of the time. :laugh:
There is a ton of quality in this group. The system is horrendous. Still need a 9 though

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Suarez could barely run ffs

I still think Berhalter survives this, this job is not as attractive to foreign managers as the US media want to think. What games they have upcoming? Gold Cup and B level friendlies and then once WC comes around the casual fans/media will expect huge things

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
From an outside perspective on this USA team...

The reffing has sucked all tournament and was especially bad this game.

Berhalter is brutal.

At some point though, questions need to be asked about this crop of players.

Agreed 100%. Also it's worth mentioning that this group of players vouched for Berhalter which says more about them

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I love Lalas’ honesty. He never holds back

Him and Twellman should be a fun watch tonight

Thats a good point. In doing so they missed the oppurtunity to bring in Marsch as well..

I don't think Marsch was ever on their radar tbh, it's always been the Pep dream somehow. Maybe they take a run at Klopp but who knows anymore with this awful federation lol

Reactions: Ben Grimm

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Lalas is generally a prick but he’s 100% right about this group of players. GGG is a moron and the US Soccer Federation should own bringing him back, he’s not the right person.

But this group of players is the most talented generation ever for the US. They play at the best clubs they’ve ever played at. They don’t get it done.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Marsch was ever on their radar tbh, it's always been the Pep dream somehow. Maybe they take a run at Klopp but who knows anymore with this awful federation lol
Wasn't Marsch rejected by US Soccer at one point? I may be wrong on that but Its part of the lore going around in Canada right now.

Reactions: Ben Grimm

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Wasn't Marsch rejected by US Soccer at one point? I may be wrong on that but Its part of the lore going around in Canada right now.

That's why I said the radar thing, I think it was just a thing that they did similar to how NFL teams do the "Rooney Rule" and satisfy people who wanted to see Marsch in the spot. A lot of their process in 2023 seemed like a sham before they landed up Berhalter again

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Beyond the obvious that this official couldn’t even ref club soccer in the US,

Why was GGG talking about the score in Orlando?? During our game?????I thought we were the better team in the first half. I thought we were late to make changes. We had nothing beyond the 55th or so, I thought the changes should have been coming earlier.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's why I said the radar thing, I think it was just a thing that they did similar to how NFL teams do the "Rooney Rule" and satisfy people who wanted to see Marsch in the spot. A lot of their process in 2023 seemed like a sham before they landed up Berhalter again
Here is the process:

Get hired by your brother. Get re-hired when the benchmark for your successor is yourself.

But record profits, for the federation so they don’t care if the manager is an upside broom wearing a track jacket, as long as morons keep giving them revenue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad