Copa America 2024 - Group A (ARG, PER, CHI, CAN)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Is it that young buck from the MLS I keep hearing about?
Ha no - I am curious about Osorio on Chile. Haven’t seen a ton of buzz on him (so naturally Chelsea will sign him after selling a chippy) but kind of stumbled upon him by accident. Might be a bit early for him but if he has a path to some minutes think he is an interesting one

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is it that young buck from the MLS I keep hearing about?
Thats probably Bombito the other starting CB going into this tournament.

He's got an interesting story, played College in Quebec before going D1 later in his College career. A few years later and he is starting at the COPAs.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Canada is a lot more physical than I thought

Peru looks better today than they did Friday, but they still are useless in the attacking box

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Peru dominating the game then Lopez goes and headbutts someone for no reason. They're incredibly lucky he didn't get a red card for that.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Peru needs to bring Guerrero in. Lapadula's finishing is trash. The midfield formation is working for them, they just need someone up front who can shoot.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Peru is pretty screwed now. They're not advancing with a draw unless you manage to lose to Argentina by less than Chile does tonight.

It's completely over for them now. Shame, this is the last time we'll ever see Guerrero in a major tournament.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
You serious? Lol.
Yes, someone needs to explain how that's worth a card, does he not have the right to clear the ball? Contact was incidental on the follow through. On most tackles when you get the ball first, it's at worst just a foul.

That said, it evens out since Lopez did get away with the headbutt. I just think the Araujo red was extremely excessive and a shame to seal Peru's fate in this tournament with.

Now all that's left is to watch the big names of this generation (Guerrero, Cueva, Carrillo, etc.) make their last appearances for the selección in a competitive tournament in the final game with Argentina. Then again, if they continue to fail to develop anybody at all who can play forward, maybe Guerrero comes back at age 44 for the next Copa after all.

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Yes, someone needs to explain how that's worth a card, does he not have the right to clear the ball? Contact was incidental on the follow through. On most tackles when you get the ball first, it's at worst just a foul.

That said, it evens out since Lopez did get away with the headbutt. I just think the Araujo red was extremely excessive and a shame to seal Peru's fate in this tournament with.

Now all that's left is to watch the big names of this generation (Guerrero, Cueva, Carrillo, etc.) make their last appearances for the selección in a competitive tournament in the final game with Argentina. Then again, if they continue to fail to develop anybody at all who can play forward, maybe Guerrero comes back at age 44 for the next Copa after all.
There's your problem. There's no such thing as "incidental on the follow through " you show your studs and come down on a guy's ankle, you're gone.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland

I went to have a look out of curiosity. It’s wildly out of control and there’s not a league or competition in the world where that isn’t a red, especially in the days of VAR.

Clearly not intentional, but it’s reckless as hell and the kind of tackle that breaks legs.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, the same idiot VAR crew couldn't even spot an obvious headbutt.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
That’s an obvious red card. Cleats way up and even if your excuse is that it was a follow through, this is basic stuff they teach you as a kid. What an idiot to do that

Canada needs an Argentina win and at the very least a draw with Chile and they’re through

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Argentina lack of finishing late in the first half. Tons of chances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad