Copa America 2024 - Group A (ARG, PER, CHI, CAN)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who Advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
One of my favorites ever in charge of the club. I'm not worried. Aimar is a footballing genius. I actually have a game-worn Aimar jersey from 1996! He and Scaloni share a brain, so I'm not worried. Messi being out is much more concerning.
Aimar was one of my favorites. Pretty cool seeing him on the bench. Samuel just scares me...still.

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
Aimar was one of my favorites. Pretty cool seeing him on the bench. Samuel just scares me...still.
Aimar, Gallardo and Ortega were my heroes. My family have been River fans since 1909, but that group was special. Not to mention how many ex-River guys are on the national team. I count Otamendi because he's a River fanatic. lol

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Argentina is resting just about everyone and their coach is suspended. Peru has an opportunity to advance if they can work out a win and have Chile beat Canada by less than two goals.

I still don't trust them to score against the Argentinian B Team though TBQH. But of course watch them do what they have to do against Argentina and then have Chile blow it in their game just to stick it to them.

• Haha
Reactions: Pink Mist

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Argentina is resting just about everyone and their coach is suspended. Peru has an opportunity to advance if they can work out a win and have Chile beat Canada by less than two goals.

I still don't trust them to score against the Argentinian B Team though TBQH. But of course watch them do what they have to do against Argentina and then have Chile blow it in their game just to stick it to them.

Their lineup still looks pretty strong to me despite starting some players.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Argentina goes up 1-0 right out of the half. Doubtful to think Peru has two goals in them, so Chile/Canada becomes winner take all

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Was it deserved or more CONCACAF reffing?

The Mexican ref in ARG/PER is handing out yellows like candy

Edit: Just saw highlights, generous yellows
Second yellow.

it's not that the foul was soft. It's that the Chile player should have let it go. He tried to be cheeky but since it stops a possible rush on goal. The ref is sorta obligated to make the call.

To Bad Canada is going full stupid and not burying their chances.

The ref has lost a bit of control of this match.

And 22 of Canada pulled a Weah and got away with it. So now Chile is all pissed off not that they weren't before.

Edit: Also Canada gases easily in these humid weather games. So They aren't out of the woods unless they score a goal or two.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
All the Peruvians I'm watching with are convinced that the Mexican ref is compromised because Mexico was harboring Peru's fugitive ex-president and broke off diplomatic relations earlier in the year.

I think it's more that they kind of just suck. Zero goals in the entire tournament. They haven't developed a forward since Guerrero twenty years ago (and he's still starting at 40 because there's nobody else)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad