OT: Consolidated Entertainment Thread (TV, Movies, Books, Games) IV - Use Spoiler Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
A game I recently enjoyed was Control. Unique, surreal atmosphere. Cool environments and combat is fun. Wished it was longer.

Ghost of Tsushima was pretty standard open world stuff but the environments and some of the sword fighting were cool enough to carry it. Not great but definitely worth playing.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Just finished/caught up to Animal Kingdom. I liken it to a Sons of Anarchy type show, that has even thrown in a This Is Us type twist with the storyline that I’m loving.

Anyone watch it?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Animal Kingdom comes back this weekend. Solid show. It you're interested I believe all seasons are on Prime.

All 4 seasons, you are correct. They had a “sneak peak” last weekend that looks like it ended up being the 1st episode of the season.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
About a year ago my Switch joycons, well one of them, stopped working for some reason. I just tried them again right now and they both work again. Happy days

lmfao nevermind that lasted 10 minutes

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
About a year ago my Switch joycons, well one of them, stopped working for some reason. I just tried them again right now and they both work again. Happy days

lmfao nevermind that lasted 10 minutes

I have 5 or so sets of joycon s and every single one of them has drift issues. Nintendo crapped the bed during the design of these but still gets away with charging $79.99 to suckers like me. If it wasn’t for having a 5 year old i would’ve dropped the system.

Reactions: Darkauron

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I have 5 or so sets of joycon s and every single one of them has drift issues. Nintendo crapped the bed during the design of these but still gets away with charging $79.99 to suckers like me. If it wasn’t for having a 5 year old i would’ve dropped the system.

Nintendo is such an assbackwards and anti consumer company it is not even funny. If Microsoft or Sony ever did anything like they did, they'd be ostracized to death.

Reactions: Ripshot 43

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
So after reading hype on social I sampled the new season on I think you should leave. I watched two episodes and didn’t laugh once. I don’t get this show.

Reactions: Darkauron

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Mosquito Coast on Apple TV+ was decent. A far cry from the movie with Harrison Ford so far but also paced for what feels like 3 seasons. Feels like it's following a Breaking Bad blueprint with the lead character. Genius but tragic at the same time.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Mosquito Coast on Apple TV+ was decent. A far cry from the movie with Harrison Ford so far but also paced for what feels like 3 seasons. Feels like it's following a Breaking Bad blueprint with the lead character. Genius but tragic at the same time.

The one trailer I saw gave me an Ozark feel. Yay or nay?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Love Ozark, can't wait for the next season.

I've been really enjoying Loki, definitely my favorite out of the 3 Disney+ Marvel shows.

Black Widow was eh, had some fun fight scenes but overall just felt like it should have came out years ago.

Taskmaster was such a bust. I know a lot of people have been complaining because it turned out to be a woman. That wasn't my issue at all, woman, man, whatever they should have at least kept the character to act like they do in the comics which is a chatty shit talking entertaining villian. For some reason they made em not speak whatsoever and even have a t-1000 terminator moment with their vision. The costume was terrible too.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Love Ozark, can't wait for the next season.

I've been really enjoying Loki, definitely my favorite out of the 3 Disney+ Marvel shows.

Black Widow was eh, had some fun fight scenes but overall just felt like it should have came out years ago.

Taskmaster was such a bust. I know a lot of people have been complaining because it turned out to be a woman. That wasn't my issue at all, woman, man, whatever they should have at least kept the character to act like they do in the comics which is a chatty shit talking entertaining villian. For some reason they made em not speak whatsoever and even have a t-1000 terminator moment with their vision. The costume was terrible too.

Black Widow as a post-Endgame movie really stood out like a sore thumb. I agree it wasn't bad but you know where the story has to end so you are just sort of watching for the new characters and see if there are any plot beats that might be relevant post-Endgame. It's a shame it wasn't made where it belonged at the time it would have fit. It would have made a nice addition to the MCU at the time and if my calendar is correct, after pushing the movies back one slot in terms of time I think that Endgame would have come out where Far From Home came out and the first post-Endgame and post-Covid movie to release would have been Far From Home which would have been a great movie return for the franchise. Just my speculation.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Aren’t you guys tired off all the superhero crap already? I punched out a long time ago, didn’t even see End Game.

I liked the stand alone movies so much more when they just focused on one or a couple of characters. I just can’t take the expanded universe with 47 different obscure guys with tons of CGI crap every minute, it gives me a headache.

All these movies and shows now are just about digging up and introducing more obscure characters.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Aren’t you guys tired off all the superhero crap already? I punched out a long time ago, didn’t even see End Game.

I liked the stand alone movies so much more when they just focused on one or a couple of characters. I just can’t take the expanded universe with 47 different obscure guys with tons of CGI crap every minute, it gives me a headache.

All these movies and shows now are just about digging up and introducing more obscure characters.

Yeah I am. It really has gotten exhausting after End Game, especially since this new phase is absolute garbage. I was exhaust from all of the super hero stuff years ago.

Reactions: JK3

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

You are just old and cranky. Get with it grandpa. Who lets these fossils post here anyway?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

Ah I love it but I've also been a comic book fan too so I always enjoy seeing these characters come to life. Have you watched The Boys on prime? That might be more up your alley now for a different take on superheros.

I don't disagree about the cgi stuff though but that can be said for almost anything nowadays. I watched the quiet place 2 the other day and good lord the cgi of the aliens in the day light is just awful.

I've also been going through the conjuring series but they are all sorta the same thing too but sometimes I just want a bit of mindless entertainment.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ah I love it but I've also been a comic book fan too so I always enjoy seeing these characters come to life. Have you watched The Boys on prime? That might be more up your alley now for a different take on superheros.

I don't disagree about the cgi stuff though but that can be said for almost anything nowadays. I watched the quiet place 2 the other day and good lord the cgi of the aliens in the day light is just awful.

I've also been going through the conjuring series but they are all sorta the same thing too but sometimes I just want a bit of mindless entertainment.

I really liked The Boys first season, I know Garth Ennis has a real disdain for superhero’s hence the comic. The idea is great to me to have that different take about the Supes. Too bad they watered it down a bit for the show from what I understand.

I got suckered into watching a few of the Conjuring movies by my nieces, they love them but they’re crap lol. Never liked those movies. Last creepy one I saw that I really liked was The Witch but that’s in a different league, a really well made movie, a lot more authentic with some of the historical stuff and old NE lore.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I still enjoy Superhero movies and shows but now that there is so much I’m definitely more selective in what I check out, or how quickly I check it out.

The Amazon Prime show “Invincible” was probably my favorite recent superhero genre entry. It has some shared thoughts with “The Boys” but is different enough to be its own thing.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Yeah the first season of the boys was the first super hero related thing in a while that I liked. But season 2 really just didnt feel the same for me and a lot of my friends agreed.

I tried watching Invincible, but it didnt really hook me and I just couldnt care enough or relate to the characters enough.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I'm seeing a lot of cool ideas being tried - Yasuke, Trese are Netflix animated series with cool premises, I Care A Lot had an interesting plot and a good cast, etc. - but the execution isn't high enough to be memorable. Even HBO has sort of phoned it in - GoT is B-tier HBO writing.

It's not that I mind comic book movies or anything else - it's just that the quality is really poor. Has there been any thriller on a streaming service that is as good as Se7en, LA Confidential, etc? Probably not. I do feel like a turn for the better is coming, though.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
" see you soon "

So awesome, really looking forward to everything coming next.

I will say that was a shit ton of an exposition dump in that episode and I wonder how a casual fan even knows what the hell is going on or is coming next.

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
So awesome, really looking forward to everything coming next.

I will say that was a shit ton of an exposition dump in that episode and I wonder how a casual fan even knows what the hell is going on or is coming next.

Honestly, I only know a lot of it because of some of the shows I watch and podcasts I listen to that speculate about castings and talk about the lore they're drawing from. I'm not much of a comic book reader, but I do like to keep up on the MCU and where they may be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad