Player Discussion Conor Garland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

IslandBeast

Apr 19, 2015
V.I
he's been snake bitten this year. not alot of pp time. constant linemates switching. goaless in the last 16 games or so. hopefully he pots one to get his confidence back.

Earlier in the year he was our best or second best player and he was stuck in Travis's 3rd line doghouse, not really given a fair shake.

Still noticeable almost every shift which is fine for now. His lack of shooting ability sure is noticeable now though with JT feeding him the puck all the time.

Over all, I'm not losing too much sleep over Garland

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
He's listed as 5'10 lol

Still a fine player, and time to improve. Just not a good fit with Miller.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Garland - Horvat being paired together makes a ton of sense to me in the same way that Raymond - Kesler did.

Sort of the opposite of complementary players, instead each being tough to handle individually. The types of players that would never work as the third man with The Sedins.

You never want to see these types with a Boeser type who is 100% complementary player and relies on a line being cohesive and moving the puck around as a unit.

Last edited:

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Now with Boeser signed
I wonder if Allvin and his bois are gonna consider trading Garlic when his value is high.

Would rather keep him considering his terrific performance, heck he outperformed Boeser in every way too.
But I think we have way too many forwards atm.
Plus I think he’ll fetch a valuable piece in return.

Feb 19, 2018
Now with Boeser signed
I wonder if Allvin and his bois are gonna consider trading Garlic when his value is high.

Would rather keep him considering his terrific performance, heck he outperformed Boeser in every way too.
But I think we have way too many forwards atm.
Plus I think he’ll fetch a valuable piece in return.
It all depends on the offers Allvin receives, he has other options to shed cap with Pearson and Dickinson. It makes sense to move a Miller or Garland only if you can get that RHD to play with Hughes in the future.

Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
It all depends on the offers Allvin receives, he has other options to shed cap with Pearson and Dickinson. It makes sense to move a Miller or Garland only if you can get that RHD to play with Hughes in the future.
I dont think teams are exactly lining up to trade for the likes of Pearson and Dicks.
Agree with the rest tho.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This is why I advocate to trade Hughes, this "need" could be considered baggage. The team HAS to get a player, this ONE particular type of player for a fit. Do you not think other teams are not aware of this? Prices go up, so now it is not only a physics test to find the solution but anyone who thinks they have an answer can add a few buck to the fee and if a player is found then he can ask for a little more because of his added value.

Now to the Pigmy, JR is old school, that is what undersized players were referred as way back in his day.

It makes sense to move him just to get cap space. Wrong player at the wrong time
I dont think teams are exactly lining up to trade for the likes of Pearson and Dicks.
Agree with the rest tho.
Dick's and Pears value may be highest at the TDL

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
This is why I advocate to trade Hughes, this "need" could be considered baggage. The team HAS to get a player, this ONE particular type of player for a fit. Do you not think other teams are not aware of this? Prices go up, so now it is not only a physics test to find the solution but anyone who thinks they have an answer can add a few buck to the fee and if a player is found then he can ask for a little more because of his added value.

Now to the Pigmy, JR is old school, that is what undersized players were referred as way back in his day.

It makes sense to move him just to get cap space. Wrong player at the wrong time

Pears might be a has been but Dickon is a never was. Both won't have any more value at the TDL because they both have another left on their contract after the upcoming season (imho). AFTER this upcoming season maybe.

Feb 19, 2018
Agree with the rest tho.
Nobody is lining up but it’s all about the cap space with those two. If you can get a pick for Pearson and package it with Dickinson that pays for the Boeser contract.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Not sure how many games you watched this season, but Hughes was outstanding. He doesn't "need" anything to be effective. But like pretty much all players, finding the right fit will amplify a player's strengths while minimizing their weaknesses.

If Garland is the piece that gets Hughes his yang, it makes us a better team. Hughes will be good regardless, and Garland is a nice piece that fits on any top 3 line and will produce. But the fact we need another top 4 RSD says nothing about Quinn as a player, nor does it mean Garland isn't a useful piece. But a puzzle needs all the right pieces to become a beautiful picture.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not sure how many games you watched this season, but Hughes was outstanding. He doesn't "need" anything to be effective. But like pretty much all players, finding the right fit will amplify a player's strengths while minimizing their weaknesses.

If Garland is the piece that gets Hughes his yang, it makes us a better team. Hughes will be good regardless, and Garland is a nice piece that fits on any top 3 line and will produce. But the fact we need another top 4 RSD says nothing about Quinn as a player, nor does it mean Garland isn't a useful piece. But a puzzle needs all the right pieces to become a beautiful picture.
Excellent post. If we could move Garland for Hughes’ partner that would be fantastic. Hughes had a good year playing 5 on 5 with Luke Schenn. But with a proper partner Hughes will likely be over 80 points and be free to drive offence a lot more.

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Honestly, I wouldn't want the team to be trading Garland right now. There's no guarantee at this point if Podkolzin is coming back in the fall.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Not understanding this army evading stuff. What makes a Russian an army evader and could Podkolzin somehow be considered an army evader.
I have no idea, but I don’t freak out over what I don’t know, like was that flyers kid drafted and is trying to skip it? Im not going to pretend to know the emigration rules for that country…

But I do see the point in being hesitant to trade Garland, until I knew what the situation is. If Russia goes to full scale war with nato then who gives a crap about the nhl at that point.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Excellent post. If we could move Garland for Hughes’ partner that would be fantastic. Hughes had a good year playing 5 on 5 with Luke Schenn. But with a proper partner Hughes will likely be over 80 points and be free to drive offence a lot more.
Top 4 D generally carry a premium (even defensive ones). Not sure your can get one for a 1st/2nd line winger without adding.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
All the talk is focused on trading Miller, but I believe that the Canucks could find a very decent trade partner for Garland, and wingers are a lot easier to replace than centers like Miller.

So why not re-sign Miller and trade Garland?

CalderSchmalder

Jul 26, 2009
Vancouver
1659608951153.png

1659609008923.png

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I've been accused of being a dyed in the wool optimist at times, but Garland and Dickinson are my candidates for big leaps forward in their second years as Canucks.

Sometimes the first year of player coming to a new time and signing a big, shiny new contract, results in an 'off-year'. It happens to too many players for it just to be a coincidence.

Of course there's also a chance that the opposite happens-and they both end up on the trade block. But I guess that's why they play the games to find out.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Looking at that pic above, and I'm trying to make sense of why Garland is walking around in a parking garage with a normal cup. Like who doesn't have an insulated cup with a lid these days?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Looking at that pic above, and I'm trying to make sense of why Garland is walking around in a parking garage with a normal cup. Like who doesn't have an insulated cup with a lid these days?
Im ashamed to admit I spent a minute looking at filthy Frank and the children in search of a cup. To be fair I scrolled up to the first picture I saw

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Im ashamed to admit I spent a minute looking at filthy Frank and the children in search of a cup. To be fair I scrolled up to the first picture I saw
lol

Still though, if he's walking to his vehicle to leave, is he stealing the cup? If he just got out of his vehicle, how the hell did he make the drive without spilling it all over the place? These are things I need to know.

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad