Friedman: Conor Garland available?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
There has to be an underlying issue here.

He was drafted way later than he should have given the outrageous season he had at the time.

Was traded away from a rebuilding franchise even though he was their best forward and still young.

And now not even a year into his new team he is available again.

What’s up?
They’ve traded everyone except the water boy…. Wouldn’t read into that

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
We need more players like Garland not less. Pretty disappointing to hear this rumour to be honest. If it’s true, Rutherford really doesn’t get it.

As far as our good forwards go, the two guys who would be fine to trade are Boeser and/or Horvat. With Miller I get it because of his contract expiring next year and he likely won’t re-sign (and he’ll get a haul in a trade) but it’ll suck to see him go.

1. great player
2. Small
3. No acquired by JR
4. Tons of value
5. Can flip for critical d piece

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Garland for Severson?

Garland was the reason we gave up the 9th overall, the OEL deal will look quite bad if we move garland and don't get a solid return just futures...

Rutherford won’t care about what trading Garland would do for Benning’s reputation. The sunk cost fallacy is not applicable in this case.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I don’t understand this at all. The only way it makes sense is if the Canucks decide to go scorched earth with a rebuild.

Reactions: lawrence

Love

Feb 29, 2012
1. great player
2. Small
3. No acquired by JR
4. Tons of value
5. Can flip for critical d piece

6. If we trade him we’ll have a huge hole in our top 6 and need to somehow acquire a player just like him

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Boeser should be traded before Garland
As a Canucks fan, there's a world where i am comfortable trading garland....but that's the world where the Canucks decide the core isn't good enough and burn it down to truly build a new core around Demko, Hughes and likely Pettersson.

But even in that world, I trade Miller, Horvat and Boeser first, then see what interest is out there for Garland at a later point.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Braden Schneider, Morgan Barron and the NYR 2nd in 2022 for Garland

Yeah that wouldn't be a horrible return.

Like others are saying though, I'd want to see how Miller, Horvat and Boeser shake out first though. Garland might be our best winger come deadline time.

Feb 19, 2018
If he gets you a Dobson or Newhook type player as part of the return you think about it. I’d explore the value on everyone as that is a way to evaluate everything, especially cap space. I’d first explore the return on Boeser before moving Garland though. If the Rangers throw in Lafrenier that’s also something to consider. I’m glad the new Management team are gauging values on players internally as in this scenario they could pair a couple trades off at the same time to better position themselves. A guy like Pulack from NYI would be amazing too.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

dman34

May 6, 2011
Although skilled, Our top 6 is way to small, slow and soft. Everyone on the Canucks barring Petey, Hughes and Demko should be available for the right price.

Reactions: Johnsie19

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Although skilled, Our top 6 is way to small, slow and soft. Everyone on the Canucks barring Petey, Hughes and Demko should be available for the right price.

Cliches. Skill is what wins Stanley Cups. We need to keep Garland, he makes things happen at even strength and has been our best player easily 5-on-5 imo. Boeser can go in place of Garland.

Reactions: kanucks25

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I am a massive fan of Garland and what he brings to a team. I’ve wanted him on the leafs for a while.

What would he have to add to Amirov? 2022 2nd?

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jim Rutherford is entertaining to watch from afar. Keeps it interesting but he's terrible

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
We really have to stop taking Friedman “thoughts” as gospel. He could be available, jr said he wants to free up some cap. Other gms will probably be testing Alvin and so for. Alvin also should be looking at all options and so for.

I felt like that his comments were more than just spitballing watching it live.

Also specifically mentioned NJD as if he had a direct source on it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Makes absolutely no sense, Don't buy it at all

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Garland for Severson?

Garland was the reason we gave up the 9th overall, the OEL deal will look quite bad if we move garland and don't get a solid return just futures...

Would rather it be Boeser in this case.

Like other Canucks fans in this thread, this would make no sense to me.

We need more players like Garland and Miller that show fight and pushback, not less.

On pace for 50 points while not really getting good powerplay ice-time, fine value for his contract.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Canucks fans to the League

stay-away-coronavirus.gif

from Garland.

upload_2022-1-30_9-59-29.jpeg

The league : isn't this guy still your GM?
no?, we are sorry to hear that, uhmm....right,
happy for you..but why you want Garland gone?

stay-away-coronavirus.gif

from Garlard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad