Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So did they ever show how close was Hyman to touching the puck with a high stick before it got to Bouchard in 2nd OT?

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I can’t recal 06. And I don’t attend games in person so it makes no impact on me as an individual, but it just seems presumptuous and douchey and demanding, something they would do in Toronto and Calgary. I’m more organic in approach I guess.
I just said I hope they chant something what’s so douchey about it

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Singing random songs seemed to work in the VAN series.. should just keep that going.
Don't think 'we want cup' will do anything to help the players on ice.
Crowd should have got an assist on that Kane goal

Anyway oilers fan chanted it in the Anaheim series back in 06. To me that was the best crowd ever in hockey and I don’t really see a problem with it if you’re up in round 3.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So did they ever show how close was Hyman to touching the puck with a high stick before it got to Bouchard in 2nd OT?
We barely even saw Bouch’s pass, for all we know Hyman wasn’t even on the ice based on the camera work. ;). Someone said it was for the possible offside, which makes sense. I don’t think you can call a goal back due to some random high sticking call that happened two players before the actual goal.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
We barely even saw Bouch’s pass, for all we know Hyman wasn’t even on the ice based on the camera work. ;). Someone said it was for the possible offside, which makes sense. I don’t think you can call a goal back due to some random high sticking call that happened two players before the actual goal.
I think you can review a potentially missed stoppage.

It happened against LA last year on their OT goal in game 3 but the goal stood.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think you can review a potentially missed stoppage.

It happened against LA last year on their OT goal in game 3 but the goal stood.
Is that just in OT or at any point? Haven’t noticed that happen any other time, could open up a whole bag of worms. Video coaches finding a hand pass from two minutes ago, etc.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Is that just in OT or at any point? Haven’t noticed that happen any other time, could open up a whole bag of worms. Video coaches finding a hand pass from two minutes ago, etc.
It has to have happened in the offensive zone, I think it can be at any point but the league initiates it automatically if it happens in the last minute or OT.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
It was Nurse and Desharnais. Bouch and Ek weren't on for any GA last night

That's amazing since McDavid wasn't on the ice for that GA.

Watched it again, it was definitely 73. With 3:38 to go, Seguin is in the corner and gives the puck away to Desharnais who is at the bottom of the circle (Seguin even looks up in frustration because he's sure that puck is heading out) and proceeds to send a soft one touch pass up to the wall towards McLeod who is curling back to the middle. Dallas gets possession back, and no Oiler even touches the puck again until it hits Nurse.
I was thinking you were talking about a different play.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hrudey is on the oilers bandwagon. Pumping the team up bigtime.
I think I am a bit alone in that I actually like him. I like listening to him with Reid.
Satan right now:

4twjbj.jpg

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Oh...just wait.
As we speak the refs are going through game 1 video beacuase surely they missed a call against the Oilers. Then they can do a makeup call tonight.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Oh...just wait.
As we speak the refs are going through game 1 video beacuase surely they missed a call against the Oilers. Then they can do a makeup call tonight.
"Actually there was a missed call on the game-winning goal last game, so before dropping the puck on game 2 we will restart and conclude game 1 from the time of the disallowed goal scored by Edmonton number 97. Thank you for understanding."

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I mean sure it does seem to happen a lot but let’s examine the two times it happened this playoffs. The first time was against LA nurse is 3 feet in front of his net covering the correct player the pick is thrown blindly towards the slot and somehow ricochets off his right foot and directly in the net. That’s not Nurse trying to play goalie nor is it him even trying to block the shot that’s a wicked luck bounce that happens 1/100 times. Last night again he is in perfect position boxing out the guy in the slot. The point shot hit him directly in the skate and kicks right out to a wide open Seguin who buries it. Again this seems like something that would maybe happen one time out of 10. All I’m saying is both times he was in perfect position doing his job on the guy he was supposed to be covering. That’s just extremely bad luck IMHO:

And after examining the video above it appears it didn’t even go off nurse Dadanov got his stick on it first.

All I know is he’s going on 10 years in the league, it’s been a constant in his game, and doesn’t really happen to anyone else at all really. Over that amount of time it stops being bad luck coincidence and becomes something he’s doing for it to occur this frequently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad