Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kind of a dumb play though. Let the goalie stop the pucks if you can't get in the way properly.
No, kind of tough bounce by player trying to block a shot. You see it as a problem because of your problems with Nurse.

Sometime shit happens. They regrouped and won anyway, so it doesn't matter.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
It was Dadonov who tipped it, it's been widely noted and you'll see it if you watch video instead of a still that doesn't show anything.

I rag on Nurse for how bad he is at blocking shots, and I didn't like how he played this in general, but the puck went off Dadonov's stick which is why he has the first assist on the play.
yup I see it go off Dadonov too, an amazing one touch pass by him

Those might be the two easiest goals Seguin has scored in his career, but props for great positioning

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It did. Puck was going wide, Nurse tries to block with his skate (see screenshot below) and he redirects it straight across. Watch the replay and you'll see nurse turn his right skate when the shot comes in. The TNT broadcast and replay has it clear as day.

I’ve been hard in Nurse. And I did blame him for that boot live. But the puck didn’t hit his skate there. TNT later on in the game clarified and showed a replay angle that shows Dadonov deflecting the puck for that pass. You can actually see that angle at the tail end of the clip you posted.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Without being too negative, he's tried to "do the right thing" in that way probably a half dozen times this year and dozens of times in his career, and it happens to him nearly exclusively.

He needs to learn that the right thing is to not try and play goalie and not deflect pucks all over the place in net front situations. It's a big problem in his game that too often gets excused away as purely bad luck.
I mean sure it does seem to happen a lot but let’s examine the two times it happened this playoffs. The first time was against LA nurse is 3 feet in front of his net covering the correct player the pick is thrown blindly towards the slot and somehow ricochets off his right foot and directly in the net. That’s not Nurse trying to play goalie nor is it him even trying to block the shot that’s a wicked luck bounce that happens 1/100 times. Last night again he is in perfect position boxing out the guy in the slot. The point shot hit him directly in the skate and kicks right out to a wide open Seguin who buries it. Again this seems like something that would maybe happen one time out of 10. All I’m saying is both times he was in perfect position doing his job on the guy he was supposed to be covering. That’s just extremely bad luck IMHO:

And after examining the video above it appears it didn’t even go off nurse Dadanov got his stick on it first.

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It was Dadonov who tipped it, it's been widely noted and you'll see it if you watch video instead of a still that doesn't show anything.

I rag on Nurse for how bad he is at blocking shots, and I didn't like how he played this in general, but the puck went off Dadonov's stick which is why he has the first assist on the play.

Yeah I guess you're right. Oh well, Nurse still blows.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nurse needs to know that that shot is going wide. And even if it's not, angling your skate to deflect the puck into the middle of the ice is a stupid play.

Like I said in the GDT, dude needs a shock collar sometimes. If you're not going to get 100% of the puck get out of the f***ing way. Tired of pucks hitting him and going into the net or bouncing into high danger areas.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Thanks for all the great work you do vs Toronto time and time again. lmao Bruins are my Eastern team every playoffs, hoped for better. Cheers!
I knew the Bruins were missing a few pieces to go far this season. My goal was to get past round one and they did.

They need a Center who can win faceoffs. Bs have some really good 3d and fourth line players but only 2 top line guys.

#1 on my life bucket list is to see them win the cup on home ice ( I have had ST for 23 years). I was there in 2011 but they won in Vancouver. I saw Chicago and St Louis on the Boston ice with the cup. I am 71 so they had better hurry!

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Lol listening to TSN. Their big storyline to start off the show is “why didn’t McDavid celebrate hard after that 2OT goal”

They don’t realize that for McD one win isn’t enough. It’s 16 wins he wants this year.
Yep I don’t think we see him celebrate a goal until that goal either gets him the cup or gets him in the final. It was all business on that goal last night

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Screenshot (460).png

The moment the puck was redirected by Dadonov. Nurse didn't do it. Let's criticize him for not tying up his man....:snide:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I just realized that was a Tanev turnover that lead to the OT winner.
Yeah, I mentioned that last night. Nuge picked him clean on the play. Tanev is straight up awful. tbh it was harder playing Zadorov as much as I hate him, he was interested in winning puck battles and being physical. Tanev is some dope. In the US broadcasts they love him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad