Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nuge did a great job, per usual, on the forecheck, he beat 2 guys I think.
Sorry to quote myself, this is where the idea of what "forechecking" is gets lost. Guys like Nuge and McLeod get grief because they don't blows guys up, but that's not always the point, getting the puck and disrupting the defensive players is the key. Hence the game 1 winning goal.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
If we win game 2 I really hope the fans in Edmonton chant “WE WANT THE CUP”. It’s almost time for it
Nope that chant is reserved for the fourth win this series. Never before it’s a lock to make the finals. We are not the leafs “we want Florida” lol

Leon is such beast.
Playoff Leon is my favorite Leon

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wonder who they take out if Henrique comes back in. Do you touch that lineup if they've won 3 in a row?
I wouldnt change a thing until the team loses. Then Henriques gets more time to rest as well.
Hopefully he gets to rest for the entire series. :D

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Oilers fans chanted it in 06 and I’m pretty sure they didn’t wait until the finals. It’s coming man and personally it pumps me up
I can’t recal 06. And I don’t attend games in person so it makes no impact on me as an individual, but it just seems presumptuous and douchey and demanding, something they would do in Toronto and Calgary. I’m more organic in approach I guess.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Oilers fans chanted it in 06 and I’m pretty sure they didn’t wait until the finals. It’s coming man and personally it pumps me up
At some point every single fanbase chants ‘we want the cup’ as they advance further down the playoff road. Totally natural, I mean it’s what we want, why not express it. It’s different than chanting ‘we want FLA’. That came from a place of weakness, not confidence.

Reactions: alanschu

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
At some point every single fanbase chants ‘we want the cup’ as they advance further down the playoff road. Totally natural, I mean it’s what we want, why not express it. It’s different than chanting ‘we want FLA’. That came from a place of weakness, not confidence.
Yeah I just usually default to "fans in the crowd being excited is fine." Everyone here wants the cup too so I see more as encouraging the team to keep pressing to achieve that (no doubt they all want the cup as well).

Some stuff like "Let's Go Petey" is a lot more weird to me.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
Huh? Since when did Leon break his finger?
Presumably since that shot? :P

I'm not sure if it is broken, but he was shown coming off the plane with his finger wrapped. Whether contusion, sprain, or break, seems like it has impacted him in things like the Faceoff circle etc.

Fortunately he is Leon so he still scores goals :D

Reactions: sepHF

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Presumably since that shot? :P

I'm not sure if it is broken, but he was shown coming off the plane with his finger wrapped. Whether contusion, sprain, or break, seems like it has impacted him in things like the Faceoff circle etc.

Fortunately he is Leon so he still scores goals :D
Oh so he was seen with his finger wrapped. Hmm k. Hopefully won’t effect him too much.

They showed it all wrapped up a couple times on the broadcast. Probably splinted, but fully wrapped top to bottom
Hmm damn k. Thanks. Hope he’ll be fine

Reactions: Duke74 and alanschu

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Dallas does not have the top end game breakers like the AVS do....I think we match up well we can stifle their offense.
They are supposedly the deepest team in the league. And that may well be true on paper. But Most of their top players are not in their prime. Either too old (Suter, Pavelski, Benn) or too young (Johnston). Seguin, Duchene, Tanev are also in their 30s and not as good as they used to be. Hintz is hurt. So that's the team the Oilers can beat.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
They are supposedly the deepest team in the league. And that may well be true on paper. But Most of their top players are not in their prime. Either too old (Suter, Pavelski, Benn) or too young (Johnston). Seguin, Duchene, Tanev are also in their 30s and not as good as they used to be. Hintz is hurt. So that's the team the Oilers can beat.
They are deep because they put Seguin-Benn line as the 3rd line on paper.

We could put Kane-Nuge on the 3rd and it would be the same.

Henrique-McD-Hyman
Holloway-Drai-Mcleod
Kane-Nuge-Foegele

Ooo that depth!!

It's not verified or disclosed but they were speculating about it on the telecast when they showed his finger taped up.
He lost 21 faceoffs last night... it is a bit busted alright.

Reactions: sepHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad