Post-Game Talk: Connoredemption!

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
We were all new posters to this site at one time and welcomed to participate so I believe I also need to offer latitude and openness to new members, but I have to say I am super wary of new posters that:
- arrive at odd times of the year (ie 3rd round of the play offs, where ya been all season) and are contrarian to the team right off the hop,
- purport that they are fans of the opposition team in a new 7 game series but spend all their time in this site taking wild swings ,
- or those that show up to argue that Bouchard is a useless hockey player and complain that they are being bullied when people jump all over their, without basis, posts.

Seems like a lot of other team trolls are showing up the deeper the team goes in the playoffs.

Just gonna get more interesting…

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Yesterday afternoon, someone posted a picture of him exiting the plane with that finger in a splint, so you have to assume its broken. It must have happened during the Vancouver series. His shot and faceoffs have been subpar over the last few games, so I'm guessing it happened around game 4 or 5 in the previous series. A bit worrisome. Hopefully he's able to overcome it.
do we know which hand/finger
?

Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Apr 22, 2023
It's starting to become a problem!
Didn't happen.

He’s a bottom pair D playing a bit high up the batting order because the Nurse Ceci pair is an utter disaster so you get the odd bad play. He left Seguin unattended as well. For his price point, size and PK ability I’m willing to live with it.
What he alluded to didn't even happen. McDavid made a 'soft' pass to Nuge.

Im' just catching up so this has probably already been straightened out.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Ryan’s face off proficiency probably means he stays in.
Isn’t that exactly what Adam brings? He’s a 50/50 face off guy. Ryan is old and could, like Perry, benefit from a game off no? I’m thinking Ryan is the least disruptive to the whole lineup coming out. Again, I could easily be wrong, obviously.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Isn’t that exactly what Adam brings? He’s a 50/50 face off guy. Ryan is old and could, like Perry, benefit from a game off no? I’m thinking Ryan is the least disruptive to the whole lineup coming out. Again, I could easily be wrong, obviously.
He brings more offense than anyone bottom 6.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No. Bouch and Ek were on the ice and there was no fail soft clear off.

It was Nurse and Desharnais. Bouch and Ek weren't on for any GA last night

Didn't happen.

What he alluded to didn't even happen. McDavid made a 'soft' pass to Nuge.

Im' just catching up so this has probably already been straightened out.
That's amazing since McDavid wasn't on the ice for that GA.

Watched it again, it was definitely 73. With 3:38 to go, Seguin is in the corner and gives the puck away to Desharnais who is at the bottom of the circle (Seguin even looks up in frustration because he's sure that puck is heading out) and proceeds to send a soft one touch pass up to the wall towards McLeod who is curling back to the middle. Dallas gets possession back, and no Oiler even touches the puck again until it hits Nurse.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
It was Nurse and Desharnais. Bouch and Ek weren't on for any GA last night

That's amazing since McDavid wasn't on the ice for that GA.

Watched it again, it was definitely 73. With 3:38 to go, Seguin gives the puck away to Desharnais who is at the bottom of the circle (Seguin even looks up in frustration) and proceeds to send a soft one touch pass up to the wall towards McLeod who is curling back to the middle. Dallas gets possession back, and no Oiler even touches the puck again until it hits Nurse.
It didn't hit Nurse.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I seriously felt so bad for Nurse last night. Yet another ridiculous bounce when he was trying to do the right thing. He was instrumental on that 4 min PK though so that made up for it.

Without being too negative, he's tried to "do the right thing" in that way probably a half dozen times this year and dozens of times in his career, and it happens to him nearly exclusively.

He needs to learn that the right thing is to not try and play goalie and not deflect pucks all over the place in net front situations. It's a big problem in his game that too often gets excused away as purely bad luck.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Without being too negative, he's tried to "do the right thing" in that way probably a half dozen times this year and dozens of times in his career, and it happens to him nearly exclusively.

He needs to learn that the right thing is to not try and play goalie and not deflect pucks all over the place in net front situations. It's a big problem in his game that too often gets excused away as purely bad luck.

Ya the amount it happens to him isn't a accident anymore. He leads all dmen in tips like that and it's not even close.

Reactions: frag2

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It didn't hit Nurse.

It did. Puck was going wide, Nurse tries to block with his skate (see screenshot below) and he redirects it straight across. Watch the replay and you'll see nurse turn his right skate when the shot comes in. The TNT broadcast and replay has it clear as day.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 2.54.27 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-24 at 2.54.27 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: frag2

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
It did. Puck was going wide, Nurse tries to block with his skate (see screenshot below) and he redirects it straight across. Watch the replay and you'll see nurse turn his right skate when the shot comes in.
It was Dadonov who tipped it, it's been widely noted and you'll see it if you watch video instead of a still that doesn't show anything.

I rag on Nurse for how bad he is at blocking shots, and I didn't like how he played this in general, but the puck went off Dadonov's stick which is why he has the first assist on the play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad